Home

Mysteries of Knights of the Old Republic

Ser'eck

Maybe Bioware is actually tying all loose ends they can find together?

If that's the case, I hope that they are at least making sure that the ends they tie together at least match each other in some way, otherwise it's going to get real messy.

Please don't bring him back 300 years later!!

299 would've been allright? ;)

But seriously...I have faith that Bioware can pull up a good, epic, awesome explanation about it all.

I mean...on Revan's 'To do (because I rock) list' only 'Outlive that nagging Carth' thing was the only one left open. That he went to far with it is something else...

The biggest pit fall with Revan being alive is that we all played as him and if bioware does something that we felt as Revan we would not do there is a chance we will disconnect with the character. This can be done but its touchy.

Wither Revan is alive or dead Bioware knows they are pushing their focus on the new characters which will be part of this grand epic . Revan and the Exile parts in the TOR game will help bring us back to kotor and connect the games but Bioware knows not to depend on Revan or Exile alone. The reason for doing TOR is to allow freedom for Bioware to create a new epic story without being binded by the other kotor games.

What ever happens with Revan it has to be done well or it would be batter not to include him.

The biggest pit fall with Revan being alive is that we all played as him and if bioware does something that we felt as Revan we would not do there is a chance we will disconnect with the character. This can be done but its touchy.

They could have a questionnaire right before you take the mission that would ask you what certain choices you made as Revan, and then the TOR story line of Revan would be unique for every player.

They could have a questionnaire right before you take the mission that would ask you what certain choices you made as Revan, and then the TOR story line of Revan would be unique for every player.

...causing a catastrophic time paradox since it's a multiplayer game. Way to go, Bioware.

...causing a catastrophic time paradox since it's a multiplayer game. Way to go, Bioware.

I agree that is just not possible with MMOs without messing up plot points.

I'm confident that Bioware will deal with Revan in a proper way that helps with the lore wither he is alive dead, ghost, etc.:)

I'm not experienced in MMOs, could you explain how it would mess up plot points?

For example, Star Wars Galaxies takes place in 2-3 ABY.

And, because EVERYONE can be a Jedi (with far too little cool alternatives) you have the Tatooine from the movies overflown with Jedi. It breaks the total atmosphere of the movies (which it tried to copy). And since they dragged every movie character ever into the game, it becomes...silly.

Everyone starting mission has Han Solo in it. Just because he is Han Solo. And people like him.

On the other hand (if you have some experience with the Warcraft franchise) there is WoW. It starts where Warcraft 3 ended. Almost every mission in that game is referenced. Characters from there only appear where you expect them and left them in the previous game. It's all done with respect.

I think TKA is afraid of a Galaxies-esque catastrophe where people casually raid Revan, his zombie-comrade Malak and loot his Mask, armor and saber. After which the entire Imperial capital is overflown with Revan look-alikes.

I personally think Bioware won't do that. However, Lucasarts is there too...

I think TKA is afraid of a Galaxies-esque catastrophe where people casually raid Revan, his zombie-comrade Malak and loot his Mask, armor and saber. After which the entire Imperial capital is overflown with Revan look-alikes.

I personally think Bioware won't do that. However, Lucasarts is there too...

If they did that, I'd die laughing.

What I was getting at was the implausibility of having the "backstory" of Revan being up to the player, since there are bound to be many players at once.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand why Bioware had to go anywhere near Revan, as they may as well have set TOR just after TSL instead of 300 years afterward. Personally I'd like the Emperor to have killed Revan, but perhaps that's just me and my wish for all the fanboys to have to accept that there is someone more powerful than them Revan in universe.

I also don't see why Bioware actually needed to give away alignment or gender of Revan, although TBH if your playing as a different character; Revan's "canon" alignment doesn't actually matter in the slightest...

I am firmly on the side of it sucking totally if Revan was still alive 300 years later I'm not a fan of the Emporer being ridiculously old...

4. a spiritual enlightenment causing a person to lead a new life

I re-listen to the lines in the video and I'm almost 100 percent they mean re-birth as when he was re-birth through the council/mind wipe. They talk about him being Sith and Jedi and that was Revan during the Mando wars/Jedi and the Jedi Civil war/Sith. After would be the version you played in kotor1. In kotor1 he was both and neither....he was something new.

I agree, this seems the most likely meaning of "rebirth".

The guy asking it says it in a manner that it links both questions. As if Revans final fate will answer what the rebirth means. It's pretty obvious that's what it suggests, with the shadow looming over the mask just after the guy asked those questions.

I think that the guy asking the questions may be drawing his own conclusions, and connecting the dots in his mind, but that doesn't mean that he is connecting them correctly. Events may have panned out differntly than he is assuming. After all, he is asking questions, not stating facts.

As for the shadow over Revan's mask, that could just as easily be a TOR NPC or even your playable character.

^It could be that 'touching' the mask will have the player experience somekind of vision of the past...Revan's mask did this before in the Kotor comics...

The first few lines of the video say "Upon its completion, Revan sealed a mysterious cargo inside". And later: "After all these years, we'll finally learn what secrets Revan left behind". This sounds an artifact to me, which could be wearable loot or maybe vision granting item.

It got me wondering as well. Did any of you find the look of that 'power plant' a bit Star-Forge like? Maybe we'll learn about that technology too...

I thought that too. I even took another look at the room, and above the door at the back of the room, there is a design structure that looks a lot like the exterior of the Star Forge itself. At the very least, this is visual connection to establish mood. It also has a connection to the Infinite Empire Symbol and the Sith Logo (without the circle).

starforgemaybe.th.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I found this on darthhater.com, I guess some one was using this image to point out the similarities between Revan's backside and the back side of an unknown sith from the Timeline 6: Onslaught of The Sith Empire. See for your self:

revanre.jpg

I know this doesn't prove anything but it's still fun to speculate:xp:

Archived