Home

General Q about the story line in TFU

• 3 weeks later...

The novelization, unlike the game, begins with the immediate prelude to Starkiller's mission to Nar Shaddaa, rather than Vader finding him on Kashyyyk. The book explains around its halfway point that the apprentice didn't really know or care about where he came from, figuring that Vader had probably created him somehow in a biological experiment (which is kind of funny in light of the sequel's plot).

When he visits his old home that was trashed by Vader and the Empire, the apprentice has a Force vision where he sees the battle and his father's death from Vader's viewpoint. His first thought is to dismiss the vision as some kind of a fantasy with no real meaning, but the fact that he also has accurate visions of other events throws some doubt on this. He doesn't really seem to accept the flashback as complete truth until the climax of the book; before that point, he spends some time wondering what difference it made whether or not the Kashyyyk incident really happened.

As for why the apprentice would follow Vader from the perspective of the story as presented in the game, well, in Star Wars as well as fiction in general, people live through really horrible experiences and they get over it... but not always for the best. Still, while the novel outright states that he suppressed his memories of Kashyyyk, the game implies it, treating what he learns in the cutscene as if he never knew anything about his father.

• 4 weeks later...

Another question...

I'm almost finished TFU1, and Organa says no one has risked open war, etc. yet Kota's crew was fighting what looked like a full scale battle in the first level, complete with Y-Wings flying around.

What's up with that?

Another question...

I'm almost finished TFU1, and Organa says no one has risked open war, etc. yet Kota's crew was fighting what looked like a full scale battle in the first level, complete with Y-Wings flying around.

What's up with that?

Sneak attacks--probably guillera (Dunno about spelling) rebels at work under Kota.

Your guess is still as good as mine. Right now, we don't know what's going in in TFU2.

Heh, we're like the Empire now. "Where the hell did that many rebels come from?!"

And really organized resistance started with the senatorial meeting (Amidala, Organa, and co.) soon after the Empire was declared.

I call nonsense.

Bail Organa defintely should appear in TFU2--he didn't die until Alderaan was blown up by the first Death Star. His SW wikia page says he helped the Rebellion with his political position and so on.

Organized resistance, I warrant, is part of TFU2. A very sneaky rebellion, at any rate (Yep, LOTR Sam-talk, lol).

Archived