Home

Halo: Reach

Darth Payne

Got a confirmation email today telling me that Halo: Reach and the Recon helmet DLC was sent by mail today.

I find myself a bit curious about what others might be thinking about the game.

Is it better, or worse than any of the other Halo games for the Xbox?

I already have Halos 1-3 and ODST.

It may be overhyped but its still full of epic win. I've only begun to play it (halfway through campaign), and its challenging even on Normal in campaign. But that's mostly because I'm terrible at FPS games.

Graphics are epic, action is awesome, cinema is great, its more challenging (but not as much as the first Halo was) - just get the game already!

You're going to love the Sabre level...

I'm not a fan of Halo, I've played all of the previous games, 1-3, Wars, ODST and now Reach... I have to say that Reach is my favourite out of all of them, at least in terms of the campaign...

Gameplay has always been excellent with Halo, and that's all that really matters. The visuals are great but the game does have some slight slowdown issues and stalling for a second during the middle of loading assets (I do have the game installed).

Customisation is great too...

playermodel.ashx?rpis=Kj9Y1QnIw72zP9mI%2bBz4bA%3d%3d

It's the best Halo game there is. Varied missions including space combat, looks and feels great aside from the slight slowdown issues Lynk mentions, and I love the customization. Has all the great multiplayer modes you'd expect including an improved version of Halo 3 ODST's Firefight mode which now includes matchmaking.

Definitely a game of the year contender in my book.

I've already finished it on normal and I'm going through it on Legendary by myself... stuck on the bit on the corvette after you change it's course to the main cruiser... two elites in a corridor with lots of hiding places and an extra bunch of dudes come in if you venture far enough... it's a gauntlet of all these bastards and the weapons i have aren't very useful to me in legendary.... well i do have one of those energy swords and i can manage to take out one elite and almost take out the other one before i die but... ugh...

I mean, I've been doing pretty damn well up til that point, but these elites have very strong shields and it takes too many shots with the needler rifle to whittle them down... plus those two white elites spam grenades at me and have the armour lock ability which i know you can take advantage of... if they weren't so busy protecting each other lol. I'll get pass that point somehow but in the meantime I think i'll skip that level and do it later cause I died like 50 times... it's a shame too cause there are some part where I felt like "**** yeah, I'm so awesome"... until then XD

I've already finished it on normal and I'm going through it on Legendary by myself... stuck on the bit on the corvette after you change it's course to the main cruiser... two elites in a corridor with lots of hiding places and an extra bunch of dudes come in if you venture far enough... it's a gauntlet of all these bastards and the weapons i have aren't very useful to me in legendary.... well i do have one of those energy swords and i can manage to take out one elite and almost take out the other one before i die but... ugh...

I mean, I've been doing pretty damn well up til that point, but these elites have very strong shields and it takes too many shots with the needler rifle to whittle them down... plus those two white elites spam grenades at me and have the armour lock ability which i know you can take advantage of... if they weren't so busy protecting each other lol. I'll get pass that point somehow but in the meantime I think i'll skip that level and do it later cause I died like 50 times... it's a shame too cause there are some part where I felt like "**** yeah, I'm so awesome"... until then XD

Nice, I am proud to say I have beaten every Halo game on Legendary going solo, I never did have many to play with. :p From past Halos experience, the plasma rifle/pistol weapons can quickly take out a Elites/Brutes shields. Standard Needlers are good to take them out as well. But I don't know how different Reach is yet.

Nice, I am proud to say I have beaten every Halo game on Legendary going solo, I never did have many to play with. :p From past Halos experience, the plasma rifle/pistol weapons can quickly take out a Elites/Brutes shields. Standard Needlers are good to take them out as well. But I don't know how different Reach is yet.

Yep, haven't played Reach yet either, but from previous experience I'll make your words mine. Especially about the needler; it was so kickass on Halo 1, you could take anything but Hunters down with that little wicked monster.

Yep, haven't played Reach yet either, but from previous experience I'll make your words mine. Especially about the needler; it was so kickass on Halo 1, you could take anything but Hunters down with that little wicked monster.

Everything ruled in Halo 1, I still think to this day it is one of the greatest video games of all time. While I enjoy the later Halo games they just dont feel the same.

You want to know how different it is? I already know how to kill elites and brutes from my experience with previous games and I agree with your assessment... the PROBLEM though is that it doesn't work in the situation I am. The standard Needler and the Plasma Rifle are useless against these white elites.

And yeah, I like to go solo on Legendary too and then do it in co-op afterward.

Archived