Home

Looking Back At Emperor's Tomb

daltysmilth

I've been playing through Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb, and in a lot of ways it's aged much better than some of its contemporaries. The graphics still look good, and even look better than some games that have been released on the current generation consoles. The jumping puzzles are kind of annoying, especially in the level where you're being chased by the Giant Claw Armed Tank Of Death, and the subsequent level where you have to spin the pillars to make the platforms rise, and if you don't jump on them before the pillar stops spinning, you fall to your death. And there's the fact that your weapons and ammo only last until the end of each set of levels, and you almost never get ammo for the revolver, and you can't save within the levels. But the fighting system works better than any of the other Indy games, and the detail in the levels is breathtaking, and the music is quite possibly the best out of all the Indy games. And David Esch sounds more like Harrison Ford than any of the other actors who've done the Indy voice, in my opinion. Overall, to me, it really feels like you're in an Indiana Jones movie. What does everyone else think about it?

Good timing for you to post this just now, because I just recently beat the Giant Claw Armed Tank Of Death level for the first time ever, after years of owning the game. Then I beat it again because I actually find it kind of fun, now that it's not haunting my gaming nightmares.

Archived