Home

No head :S

Kelvin

I dont know where to ask this, but anyways..

I've got a 3D head model and i would like to use it in TSL, i used gmax, nwmax, and mdlops, replacing a head i've downloaded with mine.. But somehow i did something wrong, and my character appears without head. :eek:

I'm confused, so.. What did i do wrong? What shall i do? Thank you in advance.

Taina's replacer tends to work best with heads. You should follow this tutorial:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193050

Follow it to the teeth until you get to using the replacer. When it mentions checking boxes, just check all of the boxes that don't end with "_g". That tends to cause problems for a lot of people, myself included. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Ill try that! If my problem is solvled i'll upload some heads.

Edit: But, is there any way to change the head model with one you have? I mean, can i make a head in 3DS, maya or any other program, and then change the original head with a new one?

What a pity... Well thanks, i could have been trying and trying with no end..

Edit: Ok, now im interested on masks, in fact, i've put a mask inside TSL, but i dont know why it stopped working, i think, ¿ is it because the model i used was too complex or what ?

Thank you in advance.

Well, I guess it's like weapons, you should try to not use more than 1000 poly.

And I guess you know the way to put a helmet in game, don't you?

The question is.... how can i convert 20000 polys ( i think they were 20000 ) into 1000 :S?

Pd: I know u will say... LOL!

LOL! (xD)

Well, I had a problem about 4000 poly, 20 000 is quite more problematic.

So for example i changed the spheres into firures that looked as the role game dices of 20 etc, all the little details in the model, should be removed, and be part of the texture. The hilt of my sword, was pretty smooth and all of it, then I changed it almost to a rectangle xD, simplify every curve etc... But it will be pretty hard °°

Archived