Home

The Force Unleashed 2 for PS2

jonima123

Well, ok, we all know ps2 can handle tfu 2, but as the previous tfu, it should be done differently, but with same story, theme etc....

It would amazingly great if tfu 2 was released for ps2.....

86% of people think it WILL be released due to fan requests....

what do YOU believe??? PLEASE LETS SHOW OUT "FAN STRENGTH" TO LUCAS ARTS:thmbup1:.... THEY !~!HAVE!~! TO RELEASE THIS FOR PS2 ON ANY RISK....

Just as tfu 1....it was different than other consoles, but still great, and successful..

THANX

Personally I think companies should just let the PS2 fade out of existence.

NoWAY!! why??? ps2 is much much better than any console, and i think you know that..... 10 years, and still ps2 is 1st place.... ps2 and xbox might have better graphics, but gameplay is which matters...... ps2 wont fade away easily... at least not until there are completely no fans....

NoWAY!! why??? ps2 is much much better than any console, and i think you know that..... 10 years, and still ps2 is 1st place.... ps2 and xbox might have better graphics, but gameplay is which matters...... ps2 wont fade away easily... at least not until there are completely no fans....

Hmm...my assumption is that you're just mad you don't have a 360 or PS3 to enjoy the real TFU2. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but the PS2's dead.

Just sayin' ;)

Hmm...my assumption is that you're just mad you don't have a 360 or PS3 to enjoy the real TFU2. I'm sorry to break the news to you, but the PS2's dead.

Just sayin' ;)

QFT.

tbh i think the ps2 should just join the original Xbox in the deserted section..:S

Xbox and PS2 had a good run, but PS3 and 360 are far superior than their predecessors. If you can't handle this purely because you don't have a ps3 or 360, then your being a childish fanboy. Jus' sayin'..

I was going to write something nice and long but then decided i had something better to do so as a summery "PS2 is old and needs to go out of commission" "It's not like the number of people who will use the playstation 2 as there primary gaming console is going to go up" and "The game is a month from release so i doubt they will even start on a ps2 version of the game, not just because its a month from release but also the change in leadership." "In my honest opinion find a way to get a next gen console, working your ass off for money(like me) or begging, trust me you will like having actual support of your current console :thmbup1:"

edit

also what the above poster said ><

I continue to laugh at those excuses the company reps made years ago about how they couldn't port TFU to the PC because of hardware limitations... ;)

Presumably the continued existence of development for the PS2 is due to the fact that the PS3 failed to be as big a success as a game console as Sony hoped for.

Considering the typical lifespan of game consoles, isn't it time for the PS4 and the Xbox 720? There's already the 3D version of the DS coming out...

I own a PS2 now (bought a used one a couple of years ago, considering it had the largest library of games of any of the original "next generation" consoles), but I'd much rather see a PC version of one of these games, done right, than a scaled down version on the PS2. But they're making it and there's nothing anyone here can do to stop it.

Anyway, somebody I'll get to play these games, it's just that I'd much rather see a proper JK sequel... and on the PC. ;)

lucas arts wont make this game ..... As you may remember, krome studios made the tfu 1 for ps2, and it was much more successful that the other consoles...after all, wii has the same hardware as ps2.. so why then make games just for a console which is new, and not for the console 89% of people have??!?!?!?

Jonima can i ask where the hell your getting your statistics from? 89% of the gaming community is still on ps2?? are you kidding me?! thats the biggest bullcrap ive EVER heard..

Ill try to look for it, but IIRC in 2010 the sales of the PS2 went down, perhaps not dramatically, but they STILL went down and they are NOT as popular as you make out Jonima..

Grow up, get a job, buy a next gen console...god I doubt you even get a warranty with most ps2s anymore

Jonima can i ask where the hell your getting your statistics from? 89% of the gaming community is still on ps2?? are you kidding me?! thats the biggest bullcrap ive EVER heard..

Ill try to look for it, but IIRC in 2010 the sales of the PS2 went down, perhaps not dramatically, but they STILL went down and they are NOT as popular as you make out Jonima..

Grow up, get a job, buy a next gen console...god I doubt you even get a warranty with most ps2s anymore

A tish angry, but I guess on the money.

I fail to see the point in the port... the PS2 console is old tech now, and while the port was a playable game, the quality in comparison to next gen and good PC was significant, IMO.

Gotta let old dogs lie some time.

lucas arts wont make this game ..... As you may remember, krome studios made the tfu 1 for ps2, and it was much more successful that the other consoles...after all, wii has the same hardware as ps2.. so why then make games just for a console which is new, and not for the console 89% of people have??!?!?!?

lmao you're stuck in 2005 aren't you?

Well yeah, it would be much more profitable if the game is made for great consoles like NES, and maybe handheld like GameBoy. I am sure 89% of people have them, or have access to them. I am EXCUSE ME???

*cough* Well, on the serious side, I can see how making the game for PSP would be reasonable, since it is still the most popular portable game system for gamers. (3DS not out yet, NDS is a bit weird for it, so PSP would be the most viable handheld for most games, and anyojne who that is related to the production of PSPGo would serve the world better by having a nice lobotomy with a HUGE icepick)

lucas arts wont make this game ..... As you may remember, krome studios made the tfu 1 for ps2, and it was much more successful that the other consoles...

Please link me to the site where you gathered that bit of info.

after all, wii has the same hardware as ps2.. so why then make games just for a console which is new, and not for the console 89% of people have??!?!?!?

Well that's simple:

1: The PS2 sucks and most people have moved on to a newer console.

2: PS2s suck.

3: The Wii sucks, but not as bad as the PS2.

4: See numbers 1-3.

5: It probably brought in more money.

6: Motion sensor controls seemed like a good idea for a game in which you would be using a light saber.

Moral of the story is kids; don't do drugs, listen to Al Gore, or buy PS2s because they are undoubtedly crap in comparison to the newer gen. systems.

Seriously... go buy yourself a 360 of PS3, sheesh.

Please link me to the site where you gather that bit of info.

Well that's simple:

1: The PS2 sucks and most people had moved on to a newer console.

2: PS2s suck.

3: The Wii sucks, but not as bad as the PS2.

4: See numbers 1-3.

5: It probably brought in more money.

6: Motion sensor controls seemed like a good idea for a game in which you would be using a light saber.

Moral of the story is kids; don't do drugs, listen to Al Gore, or buy PS2s because they are undoubtedly suck in comparison to the newer gen. systems.

Seriously... go buy yourself a 360 of PS3, sheesh.

Well it all depends on the standards you put yourself. If you play the PS2 version on TFU you'll see that the Xbox and PS3 versions suck quite hard.

If you compare the exclusive games for both the PS3 and the Xbox you'll see there is nothing there that you couldn't play on the PC wile on the PS2 there are hundreds of awesome games.

So the moral is stop wining about other peoples consoles.

Well it all depends on the standards you put yourself. If you play the PS2 version on TFU you'll see that the Xbox and PS3 versions suck quite hard.

If you compare the exclusive games for both the PS3 and the Xbox you'll see there is nothing there that you couldn't play on the PC wile on the PS2 there are hundreds of awesome games.

I ended up selling my ps2 for upgrading my pc... I actually bought the ps2 in 2007 since i knew force unleashed would be comin out the next year... The somehow in july 2008 as a b'day gift i walked down to the local pc market and bought a whole new system... Wasn't that tech savvy then so i picked up a e2180 dual core... good overclocker... Now i've got what you can see in my sig... But i must say ps2 was quite good for its time.. It ran successfully for 10 years.. I still remember the days i played revenge of the sith endlessly...

I never saw the point of this series being brought to the PS2 or any previous-generation consoles (Revan knows why they released it for the N-Gage). The whole point of the gameplay is supposed to be crazy applications of the Force powers and the new technologies they advertised, which evidently the PS2 can't handle with such sophistication.

If it's truly that difficult for you to understand my post, I'll elaborate it a little more for you.

*ahem*

I agree with the majority of the posters on this thread. The PS2 is old and suckish. Let the thing die for God's sake...

LordOfTheFish could not be more right. I will now bow to him..

Enjoy it..

/Bow

PS2s should rot. I have one in my attic somewhere dust collecting. they suck soo bad.. tbh to say the ps2 is better is just blind. I still smile at the 89% statistic you came up with. I don't even think 89% of gamers played ps2 even when they were the big thing lmao, given that Xbox rivaled it..

My 2 Pence.

EDIT -- Real good there Jae, how pathetic. Quite immature for you.

I suppose a PS2 release would be nice for those gamers who still haven't moved on to the newer generation, and want to continue the story from the first one, but I can't see it happening. Even if the sales were good, Krome's PS2 version was one of the lowest scoring versions of the game (excluding portables) on the review charts.

The PS2 does not suck! It has many great games for it that have endured into the current generation (God of War comes to mind, as always). It's just that its time has passed. When they made The Force Unleashed, it was clear that most of the energy went into the next-gen systems because it looks like Krome hardly tried at all. Maybe LucasArts didn't bother to pay them enough knowing that the last-gen version was only a secondary project.

The PS2 does not suck! It has many great games for it that have endured into the current generation.

Ok, I'll admit that is has a few select titles that are good. But ultimately I still think while better than the Game Cube, the original Xbox was the best system of it's time.

but I can't see it happening. Even if the sales were good, Krome's PS2 version was one of the lowest scoring versions of the game (excluding portables) on the review charts.

That's a good point. I doubt sales would be high enough for LA to profit from it.

Archived