Home

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part One

Taak Farst

I'm not expecting much from this film. The last Harry Potter film was probably one of the worst films of 2009, and was an utter disappointment because I was expecting a lot more from it. A reminiscence of "Prisoner of Azkaban" (probably the best film out of all 6) to be more precise, and I was disappointed that we didn't get that. I was even more disappointed with the ending, the plot-holes, and the amount of cut material from the novel that never made it to the film.

The new film may look good, but if the last film thought me anything, it's that trailers can deceive you. This film looks great in trailers, but how it's going to play out, and end up being is something else entirely.

.... woah, hold on. There are people who actually liked the third Harry Potter movie?

News to me. None of them have been any good since Chamber of Secrets, if you ask me.

Personally for me the best films are Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire, but major QFT for this comment. prisoner of azkaban was holy crap

To be honest, I don't like any of the Harry Potter movies. The first one made me cringe--a lot--because I really don't like cutesy kids, and the ending just made me go, "So...I'm supposed to care about these characters...why?" The second one was a little better, but it, too, was painful to watch until about half-way through, and the ending wasn't believable to me. The third one...honestly, I barely remember it. The fourth one I almost liked...until I rewatched it. The fifth one I didn't pay much attention to when I watched it. The sixth one looked interesting, so I did pay attention to it, only to find that there really wasn't much to see.

I'll watch this one eventually, but like everyone else in this thread so far, I'm not expecting it to be any good.

It helps if you Don't read the books, then you can take the movies for what they are, high budget family moneymakers... Besides when the first book was being released I was doing my GCSE's and several types of Narcotic, Kids books weren't really on the Menu back then, although I may pick them up now after the reaction to how much better the Books are than the Films.

I’ve seen all the movies and read all the books. I thought the first two movies were pretty true to the books, but I think that was more a byproduct of the first two books being rather short and more easily compressed into a movie. My favorite book was “…the Order of the Phoenix,” but my favorite movie is still “… The Sorcerer’s Stone” just because it was the closest to how I imagined it in the book.

My least favorite book was “…The Deathly Hallows” because I thought it was too overly drawn out. It was excessively long for no other reason than for the author to write a long book. I really believe J.K. Rowling was getting paid by the word for that book. I’ll go to the movies just because I’ve seen the rest, but I have no real expectations considering the source material wasn’t the greatest.

Archived