Home

A question to be answered about new movement scheme

jonima123

I have something that is crucial on me. I want your answers for this (only expierienced people)

Is there anyway jka can be modded in a way, so that the player will have 360 degree movement? What i mean:

In jka, the player moves only back, forth, left or right.

What i need:

Just like most new games, and especially tfu, the player moves in all sides.

example: You press W, the player goes forth, you press S, the player turns and walks back (looking at you), you press D, the player turns and walks right etc...

Other examples, GTA, God of War, All Lego Games, Batman Arkham asylum, Avatar etc....

Please let me know, even if there is a code/script to make this. If you cant find it, then just give some examples for movement code..... If someone else has discovered this, then give me a link... Anywayz Thnx!!

Is there anyway jka can be modded in a way, so that the player will have 360 degree movement? What i mean:

In jka, the player moves only back, forth, left or right.

Just like most new games, and especially tfu, the player moves in all sides.

example: You press W, the player goes forth, you press S, the player turns and walks back (looking at you), you press D, the player turns and walks right etc..

No.

Engine limitation, would require editing the .exe. You do realize how old these games are, right? Welcome to the forums, but remember most of these games are ancient. Their engines cannot be modded due to EULA restrictions.

It can be done, just not legally. You need a cracker that can really write code, and you either need to only play it yourself when no one else is watching, or you need really good representation and the cash to pay for it.

Cheaper to buy a new PC... you could get a PC that can run TFU reasonably well for about $500

so theres no way even if we knew the whole script??!?! You know, id like to play tfu but my pc cant run it, and giving money for upgrades is waste..... Too bad, jka is nice game....

JA is nothing like TFU. If you'd like to play TFU, then you'd better get a used PS2 or something.

You see, TFU is basically a hack'n'slash button-mash kind of game, so the 360 degree movement, as you call it, doesn't get too much in the way. JA on the other hand is more about somewhat refined swordplay, where you can control the arcs of the single saber strikes (in 6 directions no less) and actually have to see what your opponent is doing to consciously dodge / parry / riposte (in the right direction). I cannot image that would work too well if the camera weren't always facing the same direction as the player.

If games like TFU are your kinda thing, you'd be better off with a console, anyway.

what is a console??? oO'

TFU is game that doesn't run on a PC even the ported version of it sucks, input control, gameplay, engine mechanics, all suck!

PS: i hope you have a very large drive 'cause tfu requires some 25ish GB... for a few couple of hours of game....

Archived