Home

Revan, Bastilla,child possibilites

Slaterx

Sense bastilla Shan had a decedent...who was also said by the sith to have REVANS blood..it appears revan and shane had a child...Now this opens up two theroys...either he got her pregnent BEFORE he left OR he came back sometime after KOTOR...this opens up interesting theroys so please dicuss

Well, considering that canon Revan is male, and Light Side, yes, that's clearly it. Also, they did say that Revan never returned, so that would narrow it down to anywhere between 3956 BBY (KOTOR) and 3955 BBY (TSL is five years later, but Carth says Revan's been gone for four years).

Well, considering that canon Revan is male, and Light Side, yes, that's clearly it. Also, they did say that Revan never returned, so that would narrow it down to anywhere between 3956 BBY (KOTOR) and 3955 BBY (TSL is five years later, but Carth says Revan's been gone for four years).

I know but after Revan might have somthing planned and he might have told shan not to tell anyone

I always assumed that the black screen at the end of the Bastila romance implied a little more than kissing went on. That at least would justify her whole "we shouldn't have done that". I guess Jedi don't know how to use protection (No, "trusting in the force" won't work).

I love the last part with trusting in the Force:thmbup1:

To help clear things up....

Revan did not leave till about a year after the events of kotor1. During this time he was getting deams and visions of what believed to be his past,..most likely about the Sith Empire and how he was turned to the Dark Side which Bioware is now hinting the turn of Revan was not a natural one which is why the Jedi Council did such a drastic way of entering the former Jedi's mind to repair it.

Also during this time I can assume that Bastila and Revan were continuing their relationship...openly or not openly is not clear. During this time Bastila got pregnant. Not on the Ebon hawk (They still might have had some alone time) only because that means Revan would know that Bastila was caring his child which might have affected his choice to leave Bastila and the Republic for this threat.

This is why kotor2 takes place 5 years after kotor1 and Revan left one year after kotor1 which means 4 years before kotor2.

I hope this helped:)

Revan did not leave till about a year after the events of kotor1. During this time he was getting deams and visions of what believed to be his past,..most likely about the Sith Empire and how he was turned to the Dark Side which Bioware is now hinting the turn of Revan was not a natural one which is why the Jedi Council did such a drastic way of entering the former Jedi's mind to repair it.

Also during this time I can assume that Bastila and Revan were continuing their relationship...openly or not openly is not clear. During this time Bastila got pregnant. Not on the Ebon hawk (They still might have had some alone time) only because that means Revan would know that Bastila was caring his child which might have affected his choice to leave Bastila and the Republic for this threat.

This is why kotor2 takes place 5 years after kotor1 and Revan left one year after kotor1 which means 4 years before kotor2.

I think that makes the most sense actually. I also think that they would have kept their relationship on the d.l. but Carth made a suggestion in kotor2 that he knew.

I always assumed that the black screen at the end of the Bastila romance implied a little more than kissing went on. That at least would justify her whole "we shouldn't have done that". I guess Jedi don't know how to use protection (No, "trusting in the force" won't work).

Isn't that the same as doing it while having a kokopelli symbol nearby, hoping she'll remain infertile?

And read the online comics, it's confirmed. Satele has the blood of Revan. Or so that sith lord (Angral?) said confronting Satele Shan in the crystal cave on Dantooine. (And the comics came out in print, just like I predicted BTW.)

• 4 weeks later...

When I read this post, I fell on the floor laughing! I always thought the reason for the black screen was the creators couldn't come up with a decent kiss XD

And LMAO! to "no trusting in the force"!

I know but after Revan might have somthing planned and he might have told shan not to tell anyone

That doesn't even make sense. What would Revan have planned? And if he did have something planned, why would he tell Bastila if he thought that it was going to harm her or their child? From the way things look, Revan and Anakin are similar, Anakin would do anything (hence his fall to the Darkside) to save Padmé and his children... Revan would do anything to protect Bastila (well except for that time in the interrogation chamber, if the player wanted to be a jerk) and more than likely their child/children.

As for your possibilities there are only a few, since canon states Revan never returned from the Unknown Regions (it's possible he was frozen in carbonite as a Sith Lord again... though that remains speculation). So it would seem that Revan would have had to have knocked Shan up either DURING the Jedi Civil War or IMMEDIATELY afterwards... and hell it's even possible that it was after Revan went to the Unknown Regions... Shan never once mentioned her child during TSL and you'd think that cutscene with Carth would say something about it... so it could be possible that Revan created a child through the Force, as Plagius (not sure I spelled his name right, but oh well) did with Anakin.

You just gave me a new theory. Revan ran off to the 'Unknown Regions' (actually some resort planet), after finding out he knocked Bastila up, because he didn't want to pay child support.

This theory neatly ties up the bloodline of Satele, the lack of any contact or return by Revan, and the fact that the Sith Empire still invades the Republic, despite Revan's supposed mission to stop them. Yes, every plot hole in KOTOR canon can be neatly filled with this explanation.

I can only assume that your mod Revenge of Revan consists of Revan traveling the beaches of the aforementioned resort planet, getting with vacationing space-university students using his never-fails pick up line "Hey babe, I saved the whole damn galaxy. Twice."

• 1 month later...

I doubt that she got pregnant on the ship because if so like you said that Revan would have known and being the dark man he is he would try to take him with him to make sure he doesnt go to the light side. My guess is that this happen toward the end of the 1 year he stayed with her because then he would have had a less chance of knowing she was pregnant. Which would mean he left her without knowing she was pregnant.

However there is the chance that he knew he would be a bad influence on the kid so he left her for the child's sake.

I think that the most probable explanation is simply that Revan left for the Unknown Regions and did not know.

I can't remember exactly where, but I feel I remember a discussion on the Bioware forums (will look for a link!) where a dev said it didn't go any farther than kissing on the Ebon Hawk black screen moment. Yeah, the "we shouldn't have done that" line is a little out there from our perspective, but Bastila is:

a. loyal to the Jedi Order, aka probs hasn't been snogging very much.

b. kind of frigid in general.

You also have to remember that KotOR was made by BioWare, TSL was made by Obsidian, and TOR is being made by BioWare. Therefore, it's possible that BioWare had the intention of a Rev/Bas child, but never got to expand on it because they didn't make a direct sequel. Obsidian basically ignored the Rev/Bas relationship, aside from small little hints ("oh master, I love you but I hate all that you stand for, but I think we should go press our slimy, mucus covered lips together in the cargo hold!") It's not shocking that three games made by two different companies have some discrepancies. It's also quite possible that Bastila hid the child, I mean she didn't even come out to meet the Exile (if I remember correctly), the child would clearly be very powerful; since the Exile's intentions may have not been known, showing two of the last Jedi (well, one Jedi, one future), for that matter very strong Jedi, might not be a wise move.

Revan's loyalties have always been with the Republic first. Even if he did know about Bastila being pregnant, I could see him leaving for the good of the Republic.

Of course, I've always found the "baby is conceived through the Force" thing a bit ridiculous, so I might be more inclined to think Bastila and Revan got down & dirty.

Edit: Found the thread:

David Gaider:

"but the Bastila romance does let the PC sleep with her. That got added much later, believe it or not, when it was felt that the Bastila romance really felt like it vanished considering what happens to her...

Forum Member:

"...And you actually sleep with Bastila?!! I thought you just kissed. I would think she would have reacted more drastically about actually sleeping with you, rather than just saying we shouldn't have done that and then run off...

Personally I would have prefered it just being a kiss. I don't remember something like that happening in a Star wars story for one thing.

First of all it doesn't even seem reasonable to sleep with her because basically just right then you actually fully know she has feelings for you."

David Gaider:

"Hmmm... come to think of it, it might just be a kiss. It *is* all implied, after all, so you can suppose whatever you want...

http://swforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=256234&forum=89&sp=15

So not really confirmed or denied.

^^^:rofl: I just love how someone new comes in, didn't read other threads in the area, and then posts pretty much what we already know only to look around and come back with an edit for confirmation. Hell, it makes me laugh at how I used to do that.

BTW welcome to LucasForums Misty82. You might introduce yourself around the forums. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but It seems that I've played a completely different KOTOR 2 than all of you have! The only part of KOTOR 2 that I EVER remember Bastila in or even being MENTIONED is on Korriban when The Exile finds the recorded holograms of her talking...

Also what did you mean by "The Exile's intentions"....I never really got into TSL enough to actually care what the "canon" exile is supposed to be played like...

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry but It seems that I've played a completely different KOTOR 2 than all of you have! The only part of KOTOR 2 that I EVER remember Bastila in or even being MENTIONED is on Korriban when The Exile finds the recorded holograms of her talking...

Also what did you mean by "The Exile's intentions"....I never really got into TSL enough to actually care what the "canon" exile is supposed to be played like...

Same KotOR II, different Revan alignments... however if you restore HK-47, he does have a few snide remarks with Bastila's voice... and in the end (with Revan LS) Bastila and Carth both are on Telos after the battle.

Archived