Home

Need help with MI2SE hacking

Teeth

Hi,

I've tried making some new graphics and replacing music files in MI2SE (for inventory item consistency, music timing, Adlib soundtrack in classic mode, etc) but I can't get either to work.

On the graphics side, whenever I use a replaced dxt file, the game will get stuck on a loading screen forever. With a replaced MusicNew.xwb, the game just crashes when it gets to the menu.

So I'm asking, can anyone please give me some instructions on how to save files properly when saving them as .dds so that MI2SE recognises them (like with bit depth, etc) and also give me help with setting the right presets in Xact so I can replace the .xwb files?

Thank you in advance. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Things to be careful of when editing images:

Keep the dxt in the same format - that is, if its a dxt1 dont go saving as dxt5 - keep the same settings.

Make sure you're placing it in the correct folder and aren't missing any other files that the game expects.

New version of image converter works well all images.

And easier to edit MSE2 than MISE 1 files.

Export files with Monkey explorer to DDS, open with paint.Net, edit it and save new graphic with Paint.net to DDS (files with transparency use DXT5 ). And convert dds to dxt with Image Converter (MISE2 option). Put DXT file to proper directory.

(If you prefer Photoshop save DDS file in PSD format with Paint.net, edit psd with Photoshop, merge layers if finished it, save to psd. Open psd with Pant.net and save to dds.) (paint.net do not support psd with layer effects, so need to merge layers)

• 5 months later...

Archived