Home

TFU 2 Book...High chance of spoilers

Slaterx

If you're going to nerd-rage about TOR, then do it somewhere else. Unless you're going to go into any detail aside from general statements of non-characterization (with not a single example from the story to back up your claim), then refer to my previous post.

Also, real smooth ignoring every time where I address your claims (like that Starkiller supposedly does everything and invalidates the OT) and instead making another post like I didn't actually write anything.

As sated above the Rebel Alliance is formed around his sacrifice, and they go out of their way to give the impression that it wouldn't have happened without him. There were some vague indications of how the Alliance was formed in the movies, and it was later expanded on by someone who is really too good to be writing Star Wars novels, Timothy Zahn. Much like the rest of the EU the work of good authors gets screwed up by bad authors and stupid licensing decisions, and then you get throw things around and QTE till your brains run out your ears 2010!

"Not that these authors have anything to do with the topic, but hey, it'll help distract the guy I'm arguing with, so..."

Just addressing the "There's nothing at all wrong with the EU, nothing at all....LALALALALALALALA" crowd.

As sated above the Rebel Alliance is formed around his sacrifice, and they go out of their way to give the impression that it wouldn't have happened without him.

The rebellion has to be formed somehow. Without what formed it, it wouldn't have formed. Besides, Bail says in the novel that he, Mothma, and Iblis had been indirectly helping each other out for years, and all they needed was some encouragement, any encouragement, to get them to seal the deal. Starkiller just happened to be that encouragement, whereas it was unexplained in the EU before.

There were some vague indications of how the Alliance was formed in the movies

I don't recall any such thing except a number of deleted scenes from Episode III (which remained in the novel).

and it was later expanded on by someone who is really too good to be writing Star Wars novels, Timothy Zahn. Much like the rest of the EU the work of good authors gets screwed up by bad authors and stupid licensing decisions, and then you get throw things around and QTE till your brains run out your ears 2010!.

I'm not especially familiar with Zahn's work in regards to the rebellion's origins, but I'm pretty sure that he never really established anything that makes TFU's story impossible. The actual forming of the rebellion was never shown until recently.

The rebellion has to be formed somehow. Without what formed it, it wouldn't have formed. Besides, Bail says in the novel that he, Mothma, and Iblis had been indirectly helping each other out for years, and all they needed was some encouragement, any encouragement, to get them to seal the deal. Starkiller just happened to be that encouragement, whereas it was unexplained in the EU before.

If it needed to be explained it didn't need an entire Deus Ex Machina explanation that there were never any indicators of before.

LALALALALAALa We're never going to talk about this ever again LALALALALALALA

I don't recall any such thing except a number of deleted scenes from Episode III (which remained in the novel).

Well a ragtag bunch of AN ANIME INSPIRED JEDI WHO CAN PULL STAR DESTROYERS TO THE GROUND DID GOT EVERYTHING TOGETHER BECAUSE DARTH VADER TOLD HIM TO, BUT IT WAS A TRICK, AND THEN IT WASN'T, AND THEN IT WAS A TRICK AGAIN, BUT IT WORKED OUT ANYWAY. THEN HE WAS DEAD, THEN HE WASN'T BUT HE MIGHT BE, KICKASS WITH TEH FORCE, MAKE MONEY ON TOYS AND GAMES BECAUSE KIDS DON'T GO OUTSIDE ANYMORE, THEN THERES A RANCOR AND IT'S LIKE BRRAAAAAAH, AND HE MAKES STORMTROOPERS ESPLODE WITH HIS MIND, THIS IS SO DEEP MAN.

I'm not especially familiar with Zahn's work in regards to the rebellion's origins, but I'm pretty sure that he never really established anything that makes TFU's story impossible. The actual forming of the rebellion was never shown until recently.

Then you aren't especially familiar with any part of the EU that is good.

You should talk about who's allowed internet you awesome, loving, friend of mine who's having a friendly disagreement.

Using Autism as if that means someone is stupid is not a smart thing to do around here. I have Asperger's which is in the Autism spectrum. Does that make me stupid?

All this because you pretty much lost a debate with TKA-001.

Flaming others is a violation of the ToS and the forum rules. The major perpetrators have been infracted for these violations because they were so blatant. The thread has been pruned. It's closed until you all can simmer down and speak to each other in a rational way and not like 3 year olds stomping their feet when they don't get their way in an argument.

2103861465_Thisthreadisbad.jpg.1a9ffd7a90f728d39c1aee1310963125.jpg

Apparently you didn't read the part where I said that everything in the movies is diminished because the new explanation for everything is that Starkiller was pulling the strings.
Wait a minute, how does it diminish everything in the films and how is Starkiller pulling the strings?

Archived