Home

Demo is out Xbox Gold

timpbader

Played it, and just, wow.

Youtube doesn't do the demo justice. Graphics are way better than the first game. They should have toned down the force powers a bit. If you are going to disintegrate storm troops it should take a little longer. The visual effect should last a little bit longer. I wiped out so many storm troopers within the blink of an eye. You can do some of the better combos from the first game.

I downloaded it overnight and played it just now(morning before school) and it was really cool. I'll save calling it amazing until I have the full game and get into the 1000/1000 gamerscore club with it within a week ;).

I think what they did visually is a big improvement, graphically for almost everything, only place I found that lacked any detail at all, was in the hallway escape scene that you have to dash for your life, if you break the window with rain pouring on it before that module(?) begins, it looks horrible, but thats only one small thing. I guess that's how they saved a little bit of time since that area gets covered by debris real quick. I like the lightsabers now, a little bit slimmer but not too slim like the earlier demo they showed us. I did like the fat sabers from TFU1 but these are just as good. Force Grip is a lot different from TFU1's grip. To me it's not 100% better, since I thought it was already really good, it's just different feeling. The sabers weren't bad but hopefully theres more combos in the full game. And I love the new Push and Repulse.

I think I'll definitely see Shem online playing the demo later today lol

Wasn't like overwhelming, because of course it was just a few minutes in very similar settings to the first game (sans falling part) but I'm still exited about it for sure, the character model was far improved and the graphics were awesome... I still vomit a little in my mouth when I see the dual backwards sabers, its just a gimmick IMO, and a single normal grip saber would improve it vastly, but I'm nitpicking.

In short: looks awesome, cannot wait for it to come out, double reverse grip is horrendous. 9.5/10 :)

Wasn't like overwhelming, because of course it was just a few minutes in very similar settings to the first game (sans falling part) but I'm still exited about it for sure, the character model was far improved and the graphics were awesome... I still vomit a little in my mouth when I see the dual backwards sabers, its just a gimmick IMO, and a single normal grip saber would improve it vastly, but I'm nitpicking.

In short: looks awesome, cannot wait for it to come out, double reverse grip is horrendous. 9.5/10 :)

Agreed.

The two backwards sabers just looks really odd.

Anyone else get the feeling there's a part of the level that's missing - right between end of Starkiller's free fall (awesome, btw) and the part where you use Force Grip to smash the forcefield generators? That fading-to-black/fade in transition seems really awkward, not to mention the next area is at the bottom of some of kind shaft, with no visible entrance.

Otherwise, loved the demo. It seems like the targeting system has really been improved, which is one of the few things that really bugged me about the original. :D

Archived