Home

Ex-EA Staff Speaks Out on SWTOR

Nedak

And Bioware? Don’t make me laugh. They’ve spent more money making the Old Republic than James Cameron spent on Avatar. **** you not. More than $ 300 million! Can you believe that?

And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch.

Old Republic will be one of the greatest failures in the history of MMOs from EA. Probably at the level of the Sims Online. We all know it too ……

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/ea-artist-soon-to-be-laid-off-burns-ea-management-1903

I would not be surprised if the $300 million number is accurate considering the game has been in development since 2006, but I think he's just bitter about being laid off which accounts for the harsh words on the game. (I don't doubt what he's saying about WAR though)

theres another source that says this ex employee actually knows little of tOR's production, only that "it Sucks"

"They are most proud of the sound."

What should they say otherwise? They aren't?

It's one of those things that distinguishes it from other MMO's.

However, if you check the Dragon Age 2 forums, you will see EA's 'bad influence' is leaking through in Bioware product. If you pre-order DA2, you'll get a party member that people who buy it in shops on the release date won't get.

AKA: You pay for something before you have ever seen it, to get a 'complete' product. If you don't and wait for reviews, you'll miss out.

It could be EA's 'crappiness' is lurking in SWTOR too...

You see people rant like this all the time when they get laid off in the high tech industry. Who on the technical side doesn't complain for various reasons about management? This is totally sour grapes, and frankly he isn't doing himself a favor by burning bridges.

And there isn't really anything in there of substance anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

OH man.

Some of it is probably true. Most of it sounds like a producer bashing rant. So in small part it might be word around the office. Still, I find it very hard to believe the price tag. Maybe half that but come on.

I have a quote for our disgruntled EA employee: "I've got an idea, why don't we just chug on over to mamby, pamby land and find a little self confidence for you, ya jackwagon!"

I can see that you wouldn't be the greatest counselar :D

Somebody has been watching that geico commercial. :dev11:

Archived