Home

Grim Fandango Sounds

webron

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some recordings from the game. Specifically, a recording of "Looks like I've got a message". I used to have it as part of my ICQ sound scheme, but those days are long gone.

If anyone has such a recording, I would appreciate getting it.

Perhaps also recordings of other catchy lines from the game.

Thanks a bunch,

Ron

Thanks guys!

Those suggestions were really helpful.

The best solution was in fact the SCUMM revisited software. While it was going through quite a few sound files, I eventually found what I was looking for!

Again, thanks for the help!

There's a lot of interesting things to be found just browsing the game data. Check out the Missing Content page of GFN if you haven't ever done that. I supplied at least some of the audio files (although I should probably say that since then I've found that the 'custard' clip can be heard in-game by showing Eva Domino's mouthpiece after you've used it with the auto-body filler but before you have Manny bite it). Of course, there is I think more than one clip on YouTube now with the 'missing' factory island dialog that some lucky stiffs have managed to somehow get in game.

I once used clips of Sam & Max Hit the Road for my answering machine. Sometimes wrong numbers would call back just to hear it again. Scumm Revisted is a great way to waste time. :thmbup1:

• 10 months later...
Humm... can't seem to be able to play dumped .WAV files (neither from RFC or SCUMM)... is there a codex or conversion to be made on the extacted .wav file?

It looks like they are compressed in some way so you can't just dump it directly. If you use Scummrev 2 then once you select the file you want then there should be a "Decompress to .WAV" button on the right, but this doesn't seem to be there in the other versions of Scummrev.

Archived