Home

Your Dream Car?

Astor

I know there’s probably been a thread similar to this in the long, distant, past, but I thought it’d be interesting enough to start a new one.

To cut a rather boring story short, being fed up with my daily bus commute of one and a half hours, there and back, I’ve decided it’s finally time I learnt to drive. Forms filled out, instructors being looked into, and a car lined up.

Only, it’s a rather boring car. So, while stuck in traffic during the aforementioned commute, my mind started to wander, thinking that in a few months I'd be rid of the bus for good. That's when I saw the most beautiful car I'd ever seen fly past in the opposite direction. Not an overpriced, overcharged, modern supercar (to my mind the only Bugatti worth getting is the Royale, and there's only six of them in the world. :p), mind, but a 1948 Bristol 400.

picture.php?albumid=678&pictureid=7409

Unfortunately, with only 487 ever made, and a starting price of at least £20,000, it'd take a lot of saving to get hold of one. But I suppose it wouldn't be a dream car if I could. :lol:

So, come on, I know we're all bound to have a dream car (or vehicle, if you prefer)!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my dream car in July 2008. A 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4dr black and the best thing about it 2 more payments and it is all mine (My Christmas present to myself this year). Then I can buy some black reams and make it really look like I hit my mid-life crisis.

This kind of looks like it, but I have the black package on mine.

IMG_1774.JPG

Ask that question to Jeremy Clarkson, I dare you!

I could never pick just one, as even if I had the money I would buy an entire collection's worth of cars...These would be the cream of the crop though:

Contemporary:

If money were no object at all: Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

If I had lots of money, but not that^ much: Audi R8 5.2l V10

A bit more sensible: Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2L V6

Classic:

Coolest: 1961 Ferrari 250 GT Spyder California

Musclest: 1969 Dodge Charger

Gangsterest: 1936 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900A

Also it must be noted that anything designed by Pininfarina is an automatic win :thmbup1:

Dream car.... hmmmm lemme picture it... something classic... well known.... turns heads.... Simple... easy to work on...

milenovic_yugo_03.jpg

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

nononononononono

Lets try this

1969_Plymouth_Roadrunner_383_Modified_Front_1.jpg

I'm pretty simple in what I want the car to be when I get it. Not so simple on what I want it to be after I've worked on it

I think this is a good time to bring out this:

dmc2.JPG

You read my mind, gotta love the DeLorean.

I bought my dream car in July 2008. A 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4dr black

Ah yes, the Wrangler... that's a good one too. I've wanted one since I saw the ones used in Jurassic Park. D:

Personally, I love American cars from the 50's and 60's...my fave probably being the Mustang. Others of note are of course the Coupe de Ville, Corvette and Camaro. I have no love for today's automobiles which don't seem to have much soul, especially the new breed of Japanese sports cars - like the Skyline for example.

locul-1-1965-ford-mustang-black-2-2-fb-sy.jpg

Some may find it unusual but my dream car would be new Honda Civic (5 door version) because it kind of reminds me... a Stargate Alkesh-class starship...

Just look at them, they're almost identical.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

honda-civic-5d_01.jpg

Alkesh.jpg

Show spoiler

ag_test_honda_civic_5d_2005_03_s.jpg

Alkesh.jpg

Show spoiler

IMG_8076.JPG

747d088e55_15525038_o2.jpg

Archived