Home

Your Dream Car?

Astor

I bought my dream car in July 2008. A 2008 Jeep Wrangler 4dr black and the best thing about it 2 more payments and it is all mine (My Christmas present to myself this year). Then I can buy some black reams and make it really look like I hit my mid-life crisis.

Awesome, my dream car is a military spec Jeep Wrangler, considering I'm now living in Turkey and these babies are made in Egypt there is hope...

Click Me

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a Subaru Race Car with Nitro turbo injection. If I could take my current car (a Subaru '93 legacy) over 110MPH that would be cool; I can barely reach 100 MPH.

My father owns a 1956 ThunderBird. Needs its Candy Apple Red paint job redone and could use a serious tune up, though.

I will inherit it. Though my cousins and I technically are to share it,

my family has kept it running since we got it in '93, pouring money into it.

Before that it just sat and deteriorated in my uncle's garage for 20 years.

Besides, they will get our grandmother's condo which is worth more anyways... They want half ownership of the car too? Bah.

Once I fix it up and it's in my name, suppose I'll share it but it will be MINE.

Don't have a photo of it but here is basically what it would look like cosmetically if it were in ideal condition.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
1956_Ford_Thunderbird_Blue.jpg

Just picture it now being all candy apple red like this guitar:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
candy%20apple%20red.jpg

It's a dream car that isn't far from reality for me.

I would take that as well, but im not fond on the way LP:s are constructed, because of the weird shape the strings are just too high over the body in my opinion. It makes playing faster stuff on the sixth string a tad too difficult for me cause I have small hands :xp:

Maybe I should stop posting off topic now? There has been a robot/fighter and an aeroplane mentioned before though so I guess this is OK as well :p

This. Or any of their other models.

For other rides that I would steal from this thread, since I have nothing original to add...

The Death Star has to blow on mileage... but oh the POWA!!!!!!!! That thing got a Hemi?

The DeLorean... If you are old enough to remember the first DeLorean's rolling around when they were new, before they were the industry joke that Back to the Future exploited so well, that was a cool ride, incredibly poorly produced. With or without flux capacitor.

I would take that as well, but im not fond on the way LP:s are constructed, because of the weird shape the strings are just too high over the body in my opinion. It makes playing faster stuff on the sixth string a tad too difficult for me cause I have small hands :xp:

Maybe I should stop posting off topic now? There has been a robot/fighter and an aeroplane mentioned before though so I guess this is OK as well :p

ah. yeah i don't have a problem wrapping my hands all the way around the neck even up towards the body so big 50s lp necks suit me just fine :X

So..... I'm the special kind of crazy (and very broke) college student that daily drives a 95 BMW M3 race car. I'm the kind of person who doesn't care at all for luxury, I want MOAR FASTS AND TURNS NAO. This is my kind of thread.

My dream cars that I could potentially own soon:

94 Euro 850CSi aka M8

bmw_1992-850CSi-008_1.jpg

BMW%20850%20CSi..jpg

1988-91 BMW M3 aka the Winningest Touring Car of All Time (actually true) aka the Real M3

m3small-L.jpg

18-bmw-m3_450-op.jpg

The regular 88-91 M3 goes for ~$20k nowadays, the Sport Evo 2-3x that. It's the most hardcore and badass BMW ever built, and widely regarded by the journalists and car rags to be one of the best cars of all time. I need one. I very well might buy one after I graduate.

My absolute dream car: 2010 Porsche GT3 RS. I WILL own one, mark my words.

gt3rs2010_01.jpg

I have witnessed the Tesla roadster in action. Being a bit of a Nikola Tesla fan myself I already like it.

From a standing start it took off and got to nearly 40 MPH in 2 seconds while turning.

I really am surprised more people aren't checking it out. Hell even Jay Leno retracted some of his harsh criticisms (for a comedian) towards electric cars awhile ago. That first roadster with a maximum speed of 250 MPH must have really changed his mind. Too expensive, looks like I'd have to save up for a cheaper econo-citizen grade model.

Can't see how one of these things are bad.

I have witnessed the Tesla roadster in action. Being a bit of a Nikola Tesla fan myself I already like it.

From a standing start it took off and got to nearly 40 MPH in 2 seconds while turning.

I really am surprised more people aren't checking it out. Hell even Jay Leno retracted some of his harsh criticisms (for a comedian) towards electric cars awhile ago. That first roadster with a maximum speed of 250 MPH must have really changed his mind. Too expensive, looks like I'd have to save up for a cheaper econo-citizen grade model.

There's a Tesla Dealership where I live, and there are quite a few of them driving around here.

However, your post has a blatant inaccuracy-- the car has a 250mi RANGE. Its top speed is ~125mph.

It's a great car, but it can't reach 250mph with a single gear, horrid aerodynamics, low power, and skinny tires. Nor is it quoted as going that fast, it's engine limited to 125mph or thereabouts.

Also, it cracks me up how the car comes with Yokohama R-Compound (aka track rubber) tires, but people drive the car in ~50degree weather. These tires Do Not Work at low temperatures, meaning that the car's ability to use the tires for braking, grip, and acceleration in cold/chilly weather is worse than the ability of a Prius to do the same. Cold race tires + panic braking = Very Bad Idea + Crash. Warm race tires + panic braking = Zomgz I see stars the car brakes so quick.

Cliffnotes: Tesla goes 250miles/charge, has max speed of ~125mph, and is a danger to others on the road in cold or chilly weather on the original tires.

Add autonomy to the list (I regularly do 400mi in winter conditions with temperatures that can reach -30 C )...anyway, regardless of price, that thing would be bad (and I think I'd miss the engine noise lol). Pretty happy with the current car (BMW 3 series): great road handling, good performance, not too flashy, fun to drive, and practical.

As for a 'dream car", I've never really given it the thought. Perhaps some well maintained Italian vintage car from the 1960s...but it would be of no use...so not a dream car, really.

Batteries and recharge time.

You're right, better just take the train.

There's a Tesla Dealership where I live, and there are quite a few of them driving around here.

However, your post has a blatant inaccuracy-- the car has a 250mi RANGE. Its top speed is ~125mph.

It's a great car, but it can't reach 250mph with a single gear, horrid aerodynamics, low power, and skinny tires. Nor is it quoted as going that fast, it's engine limited to 125mph or thereabouts.

Thank you, resident expert. :)

Also, it cracks me up how :words: *brevity*

/facepalm (not to be rude)

Add autonomy to the list (I regularly do 400mi in winter conditions with temperatures that can reach -30 C )...anyway, regardless of price, that thing would be bad (and I think I'd miss the engine noise lol).

Fair enough...Guess I was thinking of the hot and windy Nevada desert. :p

*looks at quoted words and sees it was credited to C.A.D. when it was actually my quote*

*points*:lol:

--Oh wait, you're a lawyer? *runs away*

Archived