Home

normal edition or CE ??

notorious

Wait, refresh my memory. Is the difference between the regular edition and the collector's is that in the CE you get a Maul Killer skin and a silver lightsaber crystal?

You get Maulkiller and the Silver crystal if you preorder the either edition of the game at gamestop. But the CE has the "Ralph McQuarrie Deak Starkiller" skin and 3 'exclusive' challenge mode levels, which my sources refered to as "exclusive DLC". And of course it has some non-gameplay related extras like that USB which supposedly is filled with wallpapers and such and the fancy packaging.

Oh, and I found that if you preordered it from Amazon, you get 2 more exclusive challenge mode levels, which from the descriptions sound really cool.

I myself preordered the regular edition of the game from gamestop, so no bonus levels or awesome packaging for me, even though I really want the CE, since I'm alot more interested in it's extras than the extras I got with Halo Reach's Limited Edition, and since I got it I've been low on money(only got enough for the regular ed. atm) :( As long as I have TFU2 to give me a little break from Reach just until I can renew my XBL Gold then I'm cool. Gotta stop shooting people in the face, and start dicing up stormtroopers and clones! :thmbup1:

You get Maulkiller and the Silver crystal if you preorder the either edition of the game at gamestop. But the CE has the "Ralph McQuarrie Deak Starkiller" skin and 3 'exclusive' challenge mode levels, which my sources refered to as "exclusive DLC". And of course it has some non-gameplay related extras like that USB which supposedly is filled with wallpapers and such and the fancy packaging.

Oh, and I found that if you preordered it from Amazon, you get 2 more exclusive challenge mode levels, which from the descriptions sound really cool.

I myself preordered the regular edition of the game from gamestop, so no bonus levels or awesome packaging for me, even though I really want the CE, since I'm alot more interested in it's extras than the extras I got with Halo Reach's Limited Edition, and since I got it I've been low on money(only got enough for the regular ed. atm) :( As long as I have TFU2 to give me a little break from Reach just until I can renew my XBL Gold then I'm cool. Gotta stop shooting people in the face, and start dicing up stormtroopers and clones! :thmbup1:

There is absolutely no way I am paying $20 more for that. I'll wait till the price drops.

Well, the argument for buying the CE is this - I paid another $30 for DLC on my PS3 for TFU. That was Hoth, Tatooine and the Jedi Temple. That on top of the original $50 I paid for the game, and it is a wash. CE available from Buy.com for $78.99 + shipping... So, still not sure.

The two lightsaber look may fail, but in a real fight I will take two sticks over one any day and twice on Sunday.

There is absolutely no way I am paying $20 more for that. I'll wait till the price drops.

Yeah $20 extra is a little steep but I'd still want all that stuff to be a good Starwars fan. The thing is, nobody's seen what a Challenge Mode level is, so we don't know if the extra levels are worth it.

Yeah the Maulkiller skin's pretty stupid. Nah. Very stupid. But, the crystal isn't so bad, it reduces how much force you use, which is pretty cool I guess, unless there's someway to get a much better crystal at some point in the game then it's worthless. Too bad I already preordered the game from GS and that I MUST have this game on Tuesday, and not delivered at a later time or else I would've gotten it from Amazon. Hopefully they release the other stuff as DLC later on though.

Well... I sucked it up, ignored the cash crunch, and bought the CE from buy[dot]com.

Paid extra (like Z.N.^^^) for 2nd day shipping.

Has all three challenge mode maps, special skin and silver crystal, and the goofy lil' USB key. Plus a cool storybook and special case (ooooooooohhh)

I will report buyer's remorse when/if I experience it :)

Archived