Home

What are you watching right now?

Canderis

Boondock Saints is awesome, very underrated movie.

I'm watching the new series of Dexter, ever so good as usual.

Big Bang Theory, obviously, best sitcom ever, and keeps getting better.

Glee, guilty pleasure, but it works for me :carms:

And CW as usual, still good quality stuff IMO.

Watched Iron Man 2 the other day, good but not as good as the first.

I just saw Men who Stare at Goats yesterday... and umm... wow, this sure as hell isn't what I expected. Actually I can't really say WHAT I was expecting. :giveup: Just spur of the moment.

MWSAG.jpg

Not sure what to say about it exactly. It has Ewan Mcgregor and Jedi References. That's about all the plot spoiler I'm gonna give you. It's pretty funny, and left me saying "WTF?!" quite a bit. Otherwise I'm speechless. If you have nothing better to do, then watch it I guess.

$#*! My Dad Says; Bill Shatner is about the only thing this show has going for it, and I'm sure it won't last beyond November sweeps, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts nonetheless.

Two and a Half Men; the show is rapidly approaching the shark, I think, but it's still good for a laugh.

Big Bang Theory; I honestly thought this would be a flop, but I was pleasantly surprised. Every week seems to be funnier than the last, and I can watch episodes I've seen a dozen times already and still laugh like a maniac every time.

The fiancée and I picked up the Mummy sequels last night as well. Neither of us have seen the third movie yet, and we weren't ever going to for any more than the $5 we paid for it. :xp:

I'm also working on assembling a collection of all the Classic Doctor Who storyarchs. I've got everything from January 1970 to March 1984 now. Great stuff, the lot of it.

I've been obsessively watching the Swedish television programme Wallander, inspired by the novels of Henning Mankell, the first series of which is being repeated on BBC4 on Saturday nights here in the UK. Unfortunately, the DVDs are unbelievably expensive.

The Big Bang Theory is the only sitcom with a laugh track that I've ever genuinely laughed along with. Chuck and The Office are quite good at the moment. Smallville (still a proud supporter :)) pulled off a surprisingly impressive season last year and, despite one average and one horrible episode, is off to a good start this year.

I also recently got hooked on Arrested Development and Firefly, both of which were outstanding. I thought it was interesting that both were prematurely cancelled by the same network.

Boondock Saints is awesome, very underrated movie.

I'm watching the new series of Dexter, ever so good as usual.

Big Bang Theory, obviously, best sitcom ever, and keeps getting better.

You have just gained my respect

Glee, guilty pleasure, but it works for me :carms:

And now you've lost it

Currently watching Black Books, awesome show

I recently saw a few movies: Iron Man 2, Robin Hood (The 2010 Russell Crowe one), and The Pianist.

I enjoyed Iron Man 2. I thought that the action was better than the first movie, but as a whole, imo it was the same as the last one. One thing i noticed about it is a repetition of plot: Iron Man suit design. Guy steals suit design, builds equally powerful suit/weapon(s), fight ensues, Iron Man wins, kisses Pepper Potts.

The latest Robin Hood movie was quite good, imo. Ive actually never really read or known the Robin Hood legend (I know, i know.. :p), so this was actually kind of an introduction for me. Overall, it was fantastic. (Ridley Scott ftw) But a fault i found, (and i dont know if this was because of the TV i watched it on, or the movie itself,) is that a lot of the dialogue was hard to hear. Like they mumbled everything. As a result, i missed a few of the lines.

The Pianist was fantastic. It won 3 Academy Awards, 4 nominations, and a BAFTA, and fully deserves it, imo. Especially for Best Actor.

Did anyone catch the Starz miniseries The Pillars of the Earth over the summer? I've recently managed to see the last few episodes, and I must say it was very well done. Tony Curran especially was remarkable.

I'm halfway through the series on Channel 4 at the moment, and although I missed the first episode, I'm really liking it. The cast is brilliant, and I especially like Ian McShane's scheming Bishop (not surprising, really - McShane takes to bad guys with ease).

I'm going to have to get hold of the books at some point.

Archived