Home

Another ruined PC game

IronyTaken

And that game is Star Wars the Force Unleashed 2.

The Devs have added extra graphics options but they did the dumbest thing of all.

They locked the frame rate at 30.

Running at 30fps can be ok but locking it at 30 causes unneeded drops in frame rates at certain parts.

And since it's a fast action game it is easily noticeable when dipping in lower frame rates.

The AA in the game is also bad. It makes things blurry especially objects further away.

Motion blur looks horrible although you can turn that off.

Unfortunately you cannot force a better AA in this game neither can you get rid of the 30fps cap.

I doubt they will ever take away the cap because they didn't for the first game.

PC gamers don't waste your money on this game until the Devs fix this mess.

It can run worse than the first game at times.

What is the deal with all of these FPS fiends?

No offense IronyTaken, but is this really worthy of your first post?

I will have the PS3 version with the same FPS.... never bothered me too much, but maybe I am too old to care, having spent most of my gaming life playing games where there was constant game loading, and normal slowdowns of FPS in heavily populated or high-action areas/sequences.

To me, I only notice FPS slowdowns rarely on the PS3 version of TFU1, perhaps in the Kazdan Paratus boss fight when the Junk Titans are summoned. Those are brief and temporary, more like a QuickTime event than anything.

because the company's are starting to only care about the consoles.. look at the first TFU was so psyched when i saw the trailer's and then later finding out that it only was for console.. then 2 years later it came for pc pretty nice until you played it :S

It bothers me because it's like going to a 5 star restaurant, ordering a 5 course meal, then getting served a hotpocket straight from the microwave.

PC gamers don't pay extra money to get consolized games.

The AA used in the game is abysmal. It blurs everything and still leaves jagged edges.

The blur is bad too but atleast I can turn it off.

With AA It is a "pick your poison" deal.

Either have eye bleeding jagged edges or horrible blurred objects with slightly less jagged edges.

I have found it impossible to force true AA in this game yet.

And there will be no way to take away the 30fps cap.

If you want to see PC multiplats done right then look at capcom.

They did Devil May Cry 4 which was an awesome 80FPS at 16xQCSAA and no cap.

They did Lost Planet 2 with better graphics and 16xQCSAA with no cap.

Resident Evil 5 was also great.

I'm afraid I don't know where you are, but it's always been my experience that PC games are usually cheaper than console games.

What I mean is that we pay more money for higher performance machines.

There is no reason for devs to force us to use their ugly consolized version of AA and 30fps cap.

Yup...as far as the industry is concerned it would seem that the PC market is a dying one outside the MMO genre. They make more money with the games they design for consoles because frankly there are more of them. It's unfortunate perhaps, but it's there nonetheless.

QFT. They should be happy they are even getting a PC version.
Why, because console gamers are more entitled to games than PC players? It's a sad truth that LA hasn't given the PC much love recently but that doesn't mean they are allowed to put out ****ty PC ports and expect people to "just be happy they're getting it".

Complain to LucasArts and the dev team. Post on their official forums with your complaint. If enough people complain, they may address it. If you just complain to us, nothing will likely happen. They could unlock it with a patch in the future like they did with the first battlefront (iirc).

If you bought the game, it is your RIGHT as a customer to complain of flaws in the product. Let them know just how you feel! Remember, they may not see your comment if you only post it here. So head on over to LucasArts.com's official forum for the game (and Aspry media) and post there and contact the devs.

Complain to LucasArts and the dev team. Post on their official forums with your complaint. If enough people complain, they may address it. If you just complain to us, nothing will likely happen. They could unlock it with a patch in the future like they did with the first battlefront (iirc).

If you bought the game, it is your RIGHT as a customer to complain of flaws in the product. Let them know just how you feel! Remember, they may not see your comment if you only post it here. So head on over to LucasArts.com's official forum for the game (and Aspry media) and post there and contact the devs.

Could you give me link to the place where I should post?

EDIT : nevermind I found it but I cant post threads , it keeps telling me - press here to confirm your email I press it it does something and then again I cant post...

QFT. They should be happy they are even getting a PC version.

Why would LucasArts not want to sell to the PC crowd? That is a foolish loss of money on their parts. I _might_ be interested in buying this for PC at some point, but I sure as heck am not paying 60 bucks for a 4 hour console game. That's a giant rip-off.

Also, I don't understand the rationale for locking the frame rate at 30 fps. That's about half of the max for our eyes (60 Hz).

Archived