Home

Force unleashed 2 pc version has bugs...

arathad

Well, okay the game has many flaws...

The first and biggest flaw is that sometimes after longer period of time spent playing the game the textures may become black everywhere and u have to restart game.

The second flaw is that the second grapple is not working , you start animation for it and then the enemy is teleporting back to the ground with light speed ( ;) ) .

The third biggest flaw is that in cutscenes where cameras change u see details popping up , its 0,2 second but u notice it anyway.

and fourth flaw is that reflections and wet startkiller's dress are bugged.

Sabers are not reflected on the wet ground with rain on kamino ( and other surfaces in next levels)

And they are reflected in xbox360 and ps3 versions, I checked.

One more thing - Starkillers costume is not moving with wind during freefall - like in x360/ps3 version.

Also Starkiller's dress is not wet, its perfectly dry when its raining and on console versions its so wet that it changed color to darker. I've seen it on the console demo.

Here's how it looks on xbox360

wetu.jpg

(couldnt capture steady moment with sabers because its cut out from gameplay movie)

I wonder if anyone has had the bug where you go to take the power canister out of the gun and it won't let you take it out? game breaking for me as I can't put the canister in the other gun to blast open the door to continue.

i had that bug too.. i had to restart the level to get it to work

I got the bug with the fuse from the cannon too, restarted game twice and still cant take it out :( cannot procede further into the game and its depressing me!!! anyone else know a way to fix it?

I've had the same issue. I've beat that room about 4 or 5 times now and I still can't move that cannister.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if anyone has had the bug where you go to take the power canister out of the gun and it won't let you take it out? game breaking for me as I can't put the canister in the other gun to blast open the door to continue.

I did this to get past that bug from happening again even after restarting the level:

There is a room where you have to fight a wardroid and chronies, there will be a destroyed door on the other side of the room with the canister on the floor for the door on the left, now if you turn around the door you just came through will have a powered canister as well, destroy the enemies and take that one with you. This room is the last fight before you reach the elevator you have to force grip so make sure you have it with you before force gripping the elevator and dropping down, keep taking the canister to the room with all the cannons and stick it straight in and and power up the broken cannon, blow up door and run away from fight if too scared lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Arathad, this port on PC is a programming disaster!

I'm struggling with grapple move, which is Lightning+Push (Q+E), all the time - he either pushes the enemy, or shooting lightning. In rare occasions the grapple is successful, only to break the combo in the air (teleporting enemy).

Also there're no reflections in the water, as you already stated. BUT - there's one interesting detail I've discovered:

Dark Apprentice costume actually has these console physics: movement of the clothe during free fall, darkened wet cloth (though it's already black), and rain drops on the character's clothing and face. This actually gives me hope, cause maybe other costumes can be moded so they include those advanced physics features.

I'd be grateful for any information on these bugs, could it be fixed so far?

P.s. Oh, I almost forgot:

Zerimar Nyliram, you can keep your retarded barrage of irritating advices of sort "Play it on console!!" to yourself and your precious retarded topic.

The fact I posted HERE means that I'm interested in PC version working properly and PC only. And it's, as you say, PERIOD. So **** off!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I've noticed with a lot of these more "modern" PC games (typically high-end graphics, console port games, even though TFU2 is now a few years old) is that they often install and are playable and then have lots of slowdown, crashes, and graphical glitches... but that a windows restart and second launch often works much better. That doesn't answer all the problems, but I've noticed that it seems to be a pattern with some of these types of titles.

Back in the old days, we pc gamers were used to windows being a slow and buggy platform, and so we were used to restarting our computers several times a day, or pretty much after every moderately sized software install. Nowadays it seems like it's these beastly huge pc games that bring that sort of thing back in focus, in that case sometimes the problems fix themselves. The steam system with some of these games introduces problems of their own. I've noticed games getting patch updates in a stealthy manner that often goof up settings or make mods suddenly not work and so on. Texture corruption always makes me think of either the system overheating or video card drives needing updates, but that's not always the case either.

While these games were designed for consoles, they are usually slightly better on PC, IF you can get past the technical issues. But only marginally better (higher resolution, sparse modding options, sometimes less DRM though to be fair sometimes more, more control options), so you decide if it's worth the extra stress, since you're trying to have fun, in the end, not waste your time being bogged down by glitches.

As for the flaming, it's really unnecessary...

Hello again everyone!

I'm currently working on a little mod for this game (5 years have passed, and maybe this title lost it's actuality even more, but still..), in which I'm aiming to restore these physics features.

Glad to report you that the wet clothes and "wind" effect in Clone Tunic are restored, also Darth Vader's armor now affected by rain in the final battle.

Currently working on saber reflections.

Here's a little preview of two robes:

Stay tuned

Archived