Home

Wow...Some Pretty Bad Reviews

PR-0927

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started playing and while it's fun, it's lacking in complexity. I found it boring running around in circles around a giant robot trying to figure out how to press spacebar right lol. Neat game but not worth the 40 bux, another half baked Lucasarts title -great concept but absolutely no follow through.

DMM was not not at all present in this game or just lacks complexity... Want proof??? Do a glass breaking comparison between the first 2 games... YOu'll notice the first one has more complexity where the glass literally "shatters" Where as in the second title, instead of fragmentation you get some weird outlined pieces that look like it was rendered using the Jedi Outcast engine... (quake3).

DMM does affect the gameplay... Like i said earlier hayden and the rest of the team used this to generate loads of hype around the release of the game... This obviously means that DMM and euphoria are both integral parts of the game....

I agree now, when looking back that TFU2 wasn't a TRUE successor to TFU1, but part of what it should have been was thrown out there. I'm saying that it is pretty good as it is, I still enjoy it and will have times where I just replay it along with TFU1, but it had the potential to be a lot more than it was.

The way I see things, is that storywise, TFU1 is great and TFU2 is just pretty good, and with a good TFU3, it will be the second crutch that will hold it up. I'm saying that TFU1 was good enough to stand on its own, but TFU2 can't as it relies on TFU1. In the Original Trilogy, ANH is great as it's the introduction to everything, but if you watched ESB, even without seeing ANH first, you'd still think it was a good movie, and even better after watching ANH, this isn't the case for TFU2. If you played TFU2 without playing TFU1, you'd think it was worse than if you did play TFU1. So TFU1 acts as a crutch unlike ANH which doesn't need to be.

Don't get me wrong, I like both games a lot. For TFU3 to be successful, LA needs to go out with a bang. They need some answers that were unanswered in TFU2, and they need to fulfill the fans gameplay needs, such as making it longer. I honestly would have thought if in TFU2, that they gave a twist near or at the end of the game, such as Starkiller getting a vision, but not a vision of things from the first game, or like 5 minutes in the future like when he had a vision of him holding Juno during his fight with Vader. I'm thinking he should've had a vision of right after his "death" and what Vader and Palpatine did with him afterward, revealing whether or not he's a clone. Also, by lengthening the game for TFU3, I'm not sure how they would do that since it's so soon before ANH that there isn't that much time, and that it would be strange if Starkiller's going from planet to planet destroying random Imperial bases for no reason. They'd probably have to do what they did in TFU2 again, which was have a little amount of planets and locations, but have them spend a lot of time at each and split them up into sections, I'm not too sure about that part.

As for the saber thing, We used 1 for TFU1, and 2 for TFU2, and for TFU3 that doesn't mean now we should get a double-bladed lightsaber. While they are cool, it doesn't fit this game and the character. I thinking you should be able to switch between 1 and 2, both being equal in there own ways, like single-blade for more strong attacks with fewer enemies and dual-blade for speed and a lot of enemies. And make each boss fight have 2 different QTE scenarios depending on whether or not you're using 1 or 2 sabers. So it's not like 2 sabers - 1 saber = single blade. They would be 2 different styles, one style with 2 blades and one with 1, making 3 so it fits the name. What do you guys think of this idea?

I agree now, when looking back that TFU2 wasn't a TRUE successor to TFU1, but part of what it should have been was thrown out there. I'm saying that it is pretty good as it is, I still enjoy it and will have times where I just replay it along with TFU1, but it had the potential to be a lot more than it was.

The way I see things, is that storywise, TFU1 is great and TFU2 is just pretty good, and with a good TFU3, it will be the second crutch that will hold it up. I'm saying that TFU1 was good enough to stand on its own, but TFU2 can't as it relies on TFU1. In the Original Trilogy, ANH is great as it's the introduction to everything, but if you watched ESB, even without seeing ANH first, you'd still think it was a good movie, and even better after watching ANH, this isn't the case for TFU2. If you played TFU2 without playing TFU1, you'd think it was worse than if you did play TFU1. So TFU1 acts as a crutch unlike ANH which doesn't need to be.

Don't get me wrong, I like both games a lot. For TFU3 to be successful, LA needs to go out with a bang. They need some answers that were unanswered in TFU2, and they need to fulfill the fans gameplay needs, such as making it longer. I honestly would have thought if in TFU2, that they gave a twist near or at the end of the game, such as Starkiller getting a vision, but not a vision of things from the first game, or like 5 minutes in the future like when he had a vision of him holding Juno during his fight with Vader. I'm thinking he should've had a vision of right after his "death" and what Vader and Palpatine did with him afterward, revealing whether or not he's a clone. Also, by lengthening the game for TFU3, I'm not sure how they would do that since it's so soon before ANH that there isn't that much time, and that it would be strange if Starkiller's going from planet to planet destroying random Imperial bases for no reason. They'd probably have to do what they did in TFU2 again, which was have a little amount of planets and locations, but have them spend a lot of time at each and split them up into sections, I'm not too sure about that part.

As for the saber thing, We used 1 for TFU1, and 2 for TFU2, and for TFU3 that doesn't mean now we should get a double-bladed lightsaber. While they are cool, it doesn't fit this game and the character. I thinking you should be able to switch between 1 and 2, both being equal in there own ways, like single-blade for more strong attacks with fewer enemies and dual-blade for speed and a lot of enemies. And make each boss fight have 2 different QTE scenarios depending on whether or not you're using 1 or 2 sabers. So it's not like 2 sabers - 1 saber = single blade. They would be 2 different styles, one style with 2 blades and one with 1, making 3 so it fits the name. What do you guys think of this idea?

I'm really happy for the fact that you finally see light... I too had my moments where i hated the game, then would re-install it thinking "let me see this from a different perspective". Gave it 3 chances till date but the flaws came screaming back in my face. I strongly agree with the last para... IT doesn't need to be a double bladed lightsaber... Instead let's have a single saber for more heavier stylish attacks and also the ability to switch to dual for faster attacks.. .JUst like ninja gaiden where we had the single sword and also the nun chaku...

Did I miss something? Was there a word from LA about the third one featuring a double-bladed saber or something?

Nah... Everyone figured Lucasarts is pretty much capable of pulling a ****ty stunt like that... Hah... Some dude here once said earlier that on TFU 3 Starkiller would hold two lightsabers and a third one in his mouth... Laughed my way to glory.

Nah... Everyone figured Lucasarts is pretty much capable of pulling a ****ty stunt like that... Hah... Some dude here once said earlier that on TFU 3 Starkiller would hold two lightsabers and a third one in his mouth... Laughed my way to glory.

No he'll hold it in his toes Animated General Grievous style! :xp:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

eu_bg.jpg

MajinMikeyX, that was quite the thorough post you wrote. I do believe it was more complex than the storyline of TFU2 :p I think if they DO make a third TFU, it should be Juno and Marek running into some Vong'ese and having to fight 'em..

that way you can keep them alive past ANH, since the Rebellion and Empire didn't actually make contact with the Vong til 20+ years after Return of the Jedi.

MajinMikeyX, that was quite the thorough post you wrote. I do believe it was more complex than the storyline of TFU2 :p I think if they DO make a third TFU, it should be Juno and Marek running into some Vong'ese and having to fight 'em..

that way you can keep them alive past ANH, since the Rebellion and Empire didn't actually make contact with the Vong til 20+ years after Return of the Jedi.

I'm not sure about others, but to me that just seems kinda random. I think that for sure that Galen/Starkiller should be killed by the end of TFU3, even though I like his character a lot, it has to be done. Juno....maybe, but for sure Kota has to be alive since he's in BF: Elite Squadron helping out X2, even though I think that story is really stupid and really wish it was non-canon.

I was thinking for Starkiller's death, it would have to contrast the ending of ROTJ, with Palpatine overpowering Luke with lightning, and then Vader saves Luke by killing Palpatine. For TFU3, it can maybe be Palpatine overpowering Galen with lightning and then Vader helping Palpatine by executing Galen, even though that's just kind of dark and anti-climactic since it's just a murder basically. Then I thought it would be better if Galen and Palpatine to be challenging each other's lightning like at the end of TFU1 but this time Galen begins to gain the upper hand and then Vader sees and kills Galen.

I would go with something like this:

Trigger QTE, Starkiller all over Vader, looking like he has Vader on the back foot... and then surprise, Vader cuts his hand off and ran him through with his lightsaber!!!!

Then Vader stops and have a look at the body when a imperial captain (Needa ftw) come and says "Lord Vader we've located the ship with the Deathstar plans".

It would be a nice change of pace from the " a hero's ultimate sacrifice" thing lol

I would go with something like this:

Trigger QTE, Starkiller all over Vader, looking like he has Vader on the back foot... and then surprise, Vader cuts his hand off and ran him through with his lightsaber!!!!

Then Vader stops and have a look at the body when a imperial captain (Needa ftw) come and says "Lord Vader we've located the ship with the Deathstar plans".

It would be a nice change of pace from the " a hero's ultimate sacrifice" thing lol

Don't write stuff like this... LA will use it in the game and won't give you credit... Stupid Julio torres will end up taking all the limelight.

Archived