Home

Will never see another dime from this PC user.

Madashell

After farce unleashed and the horrible job you all did on it, I figured I would give you bastards another try thinking "They can't **** it up twice", well color me an idiot I was dead wrong.

Seriously, I have a Radeon 5870, an i7, 12 gigs of ram and windows 7. Yet even when I set the game on 800X600 and EVERYTHING turned off the game runs at 5fps. And just to check I loaded it up on another computer in the house which has 2 8800GT's in it and turned everything to max and it ran fine. So I loaded it up on another computer in the house that has 2 460's in it and it ran perfectly maxed out at 1080p.

I literally just updated my ATI drivers yesterday, so I know that's not the problem.

But those computers aren't "my" computers, they are roommate's computers which I can't sit there and play on for hours on. So tell me what the hell you bastards made me waste $50 on this pile of crap for again? FIX IT NOW!

Yes I'm cursing, and yes I'm pissed because I just want to play the stupid game I bought on MY computer!

After farce unleashed and the horrible job you all did on it, I figured I would give you bastards another try thinking "They can't **** it up twice", well color me an idiot I was dead wrong.

Seriously, I have a Radeon 5870, an i7, 12 gigs of ram and windows 7. Yet even when I set the game on 800X600 and EVERYTHING turned off the game runs at 5fps. And just to check I loaded it up on another computer in the house which has 2 8800GT's in it and turned everything to max and it ran fine. So I loaded it up on another computer in the house that has 2 460's in it and it ran perfectly maxed out at 1080p.

I literally just updated my ATI drivers yesterday, so I know that's not the problem.

But those computers aren't "my" computers, they are roommate's computers which I can't sit there and play on for hours on. So tell me what the hell you bastards made me waste $50 on this pile of crap for again? FIX IT NOW!

Yes I'm cursing, and yes I'm pissed because I just want to play the stupid game I bought on MY computer!

I'm very sorry you've had a bad experience, but we (LucasForums, that is) aren't responsible for the game - we are just a fan site.

If you want to register your disgust with LucasArts and those responsible, you can go here.

Oops, I originally went to that page and it looked so bad for a forum I thought it was a poorly done fan site... haha... well... I feel dumb now...

Plus side, you guys look more legit than they do x.x

Also Prime

Consoles are popular because companies like ~snipped~

Oops, I originally went to that page and it looked so bad for a forum I thought it was a poorly done fan site... haha... well... I feel dumb now...

Plus side, you guys look more legit than they do x.x

Also Prime

Consoles are popular because companies like ~snipped~

Something must be wrong with your PC man, Ive got AMD/ATI combo and it runs perfectly fine. ( Phenom II x4 965 @ 3,42 ghz , Ati HD4870)

Well, if you have the money for a fancy computer, then you must have the money to get an Xbox360 or PS3, so get one and play the game how it was meant to be played. Don't judge the game based on a Not-Very-Good port.

Same thing with people saying that the graphics are choppy and whatnot, my point applies for that problem too. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT for getting the game for PC instead of the consoles even though TFU1's PC port was poorly done and the same company was doing TFU2's port.

Well, if you have the money for a fancy computer, then you must have the money to get an Xbox360 or PS3, so get one and play the game how it was meant to be played. Don't judge the game based on a Not-Very-Good port.

Same thing with people saying that the graphics are choppy and whatnot, my point applies for that problem too. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT for getting the game for PC instead of the consoles even though TFU1's PC port was poorly done and the same company was doing TFU2's port.

This. Perfect.

I have a fancy computer and a PS3, aren't I special. I choose, according to how the game was developed, which version of the game I will buy. Generally, I buy the OG version, not the port. Limits my choices as a PC gamer, but what can we do? I have the money (barely) to have a fancy computer, to upgrade and maintain it. Many people do not, and thus the conundrum of PC gaming that we all have heard and discussed and puked over again and again - it is not a level playing field, where the consoles are identical.

Eventually, technology being on the curve it is, GPU's will be absorbed into the mainboard or even the CPU (yes I know thats been going on for years, just not *well*), all computers will have excellent graphics because they should, and then the PC market will be revitalized. Oooooooo, the future can look delicious.

In the now, try to think critically about what you are doing, what you are buying, what is going on. It by no means guarantees happiness, but leaves you with a little less buyer's remorse.

I bought my Xbox 360 in 2006 and I haven't upgraded my PC since. I buy all new games for the 360. I play them sitting in my recliner with my feet up, with my wireless gamepad, on my 50 inch Panasonic Plasma HDTV. My PC is 7 years old and I use it for internet surfing and playing old games. Its great not having to spend hundreds upgrading your PC when a new game comes out you want to play.

No--it's the company's fault for doing a crappy port. Let's put the blame where the blame belongs. When we PC users buy a game, we expect it to work properly if we meet the minimum recommendations listed on the package. The company that did the port did not live up to their claims.

Some of us prefer to game on our PCs--working with a keyboard is much easier for me than a controller, and I can bind keys the way I want them, not the way the Xbox requires.

No--it's the company's fault for doing a crappy port. Let's put the blame where the blame belongs. When we PC users buy a game, we expect it to work properly if we meet the minimum recommendations listed on the package. The company that did the port did not live up to their claims.

Some of us prefer to game on our PCs--working with a keyboard is much easier for me than a controller, and I can bind keys the way I want them, not the way the Xbox requires.

Yes, this.

And what was that nonsense about playing the game the way it was meant to be played? Well if TFU2 wasn't meant to be played on the PC, then what is it doing here? They made a PC port of it (and I don't much care who "they" are, either - it's an official port and that's enough), so clearly they meant it to be played on the PC as well. It's entirely reasonable to expect the PC version to work just as well as the console versions.

• 1 month later...

get a xbox.

xbox and ps3 are MADE for games, so they play games better than a pc (made for LOTS of other things)

i have a pc (duh, i am on the internet right now.) but i play my games on my xbox 360, because its just better at playing games.

tl;dr?

TFU is a great game, the second one is even better, the game works fine, your problems are with the machine playing it. go get a games console and quit whining

Ah. Finally found the quote I reference in another thread and got yelled at for it.

Well it's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard anyone say, so thanks a bunch for calling attention to it.

What I meant to say when I posted is that, when the PC port for TFU1 came out, people complained. It was a poorly made port of the console versions. The game was developed on the consoles for the consoles, so that's what I meant by "playing it how it was meant to be played", which is going a little too far. My main point was that when PC users look at the label of TFU2 and see that Aspyr ported a PC version like they did with TFU1, most people would be cautious, maybe not enough to not get the game, but to expect the worst, to expect what they got with TFU1. The game was mainly marketed as a 360 and PS3 game. Just look at the Collector's Editions and the DLC. That stuff wasn't for the other editions. Maybe not a valid excuse for why the port of the game was bad and that it was meant for the consoles, but it IS and WAS marketed mainly for 360 and PS3 users, for TFU1 and now TFU2.

I agree what I said before was poorly written in terms of explanation and was more of an attack to PC users, but shame on you Sordid Dreams to say it's one of the stupidest things you've ever heard. You always tried to state in the past that "it's a FACT that TFU2 is a horrible game...blah blah blah.." It's pretty stupid to state something as fact for a subject that's purely based on opinion. There's no "it's my opinion that it's a fact." There's two sides, opinion, or fact.

Yea, but then people go, WHAY WASN'T IT ON PC?!?! if the first one was. Kind of like the Halo franchise

Then the developers can explain, if we put it on PC it will be crap, it won't always work and you'll waste your money for nothing, which is what it comes down to, its a job and most of them think only about "getting paid".

Just look at the Collector's Editions and the DLC. That stuff wasn't for the other editions.

Wrong. The PC version included all the DLCs.

Maybe not a valid excuse for why the port of the game was bad and that it was meant for the consoles, but it IS and WAS marketed mainly for 360 and PS3 users, for TFU1 and now TFU2.

So? I still don't see how it's unreasonable to expect the PC version to be of equal quality. Quite the contrary, actually. I might not be surprised for an unknown game from a small indie developer to be ported poorly, but a hyped triple-A title from a publisher as large as LA I would fully expect to be ported properly.

You always tried to state in the past that "it's a FACT that TFU2 is a horrible game...blah blah blah.."

Quote me where I said that, I dare you.

If a game is released for the PC it clearly should be a fully functional product. No one cares if any of you guys think we should all have Xboxes and Ps3's. I am never getting one and when I buy a game for the PC I expect it to work the way it should. If it dosen't someone did a bad job.

Wrong. The PC version included all the DLCs.

So? I still don't see how it's unreasonable to expect the PC version to be of equal quality. Quite the contrary, actually. I might not be surprised for an unknown game from a small indie developer to be ported poorly, but a hyped triple-A title from a publisher as large as LA I would fully expect to be ported properly.

Quote me where I said that, I dare you.

1) Yeah, the PC version did include the DLC...for hackers. It wasn't an advertised thing. The Endor DLC was marketed as a product for he 360 and PS3.

2) Yeah, I would expect the same thing, BUT it wasn't ported by LA. It was ported by Asypr. LA handed over the materials for them to port it, and after what Aspyr did with TFU1, most would be wary of what they would possibly do with TFU2. I mean, yeah we should expect it to be quality and have no problems, that's how it should be, but not in some cases. It's like you let someone borrow your car, then they crash it. Same person wants to borrow your car again, you're gonna be hesitant to let him borrow your car right? That's what Aspyr did with TFU1, they took it and basically crashed it, then it was their job to do TFU2, most people would be like "oh god they better not mess this one up like last time, I might have to hold off on buying it until I hear about the bugs in it." Most people aren't gonna be like, "Oh boy, they really messed up last time but I believe that they are going to do a fantastic job and not mess up at all."

3) You know what, it was my mistake here, and I apologize. I was pretty tired by the time I got to that part and got you confused with I believe was deesnyder who said that. I'm like Marty McFly when you call him a chicken when someone says, "I dare you" to me, so I was searching and then found that it wasn't you who said it.

2) Yeah, I would expect the same thing, BUT it wasn't ported by LA. It was ported by Asypr.

Irrelevant. In fact, the port was made by both LucasArts and Aspyr, that's why the tech support is in LucasArts hands now.

LA handed over the materials for them to port it, and after what Aspyr did with TFU1, most would be wary of what they would possibly do with TFU2. I mean, yeah we should expect it to be quality and have no problems, that's how it should be, but not in some cases.

There's a difference between a bad port and a bad game. TFU was a bad port due to the lack of optimization, which doesn't mean it's a worse version than the consoles. On TFU2, there was indeed a difference, both in graphics and glitches. The PC is one of the plataforms where the game was meant to be played. If that doesn't happen, it's LucasArts fault, not the costumer.

Archived