Home

TFU 2 Needed to be alittle longer

JonChaos6

Yeah the game and story were good, I loved it. It was pretty short though. It was kinda confusing too how the missions were separated. I thought it was just like 4-5 big missions, but they were actually seperated. Like the Salvation mission I though was looooooongggg but really it was cut in half somewhere making it 2 separate missions.

I'd kill for this to be like, a long campaign of missions and the game took like 30 hours to beat, WITH the same gameplay and everything.

Well I mean, TFU1 was kinda short itself, so I have NO CLUE as to why people thought TFU2 was gonna be any different when it came to length. I don't mind it that much really, it's actually smart in a way, because it's not like an RPG, where things get progressively harder and you level up over a long amount of time.

This game would just get really repetitive if it was the same game with 20+ hours added to it, unless it had RPG elements with a bit of free roam environments and the same combat as it has now, which I think would make a pretty fun game. Combining elements from Jedi Knight, KotOR, TFU and GTA..:drool2:

well i wish the challenges werent so hard to get stuff from should of been you can unlock anythign reguardless of the medal you get i mean gold to unloack the good stuff is not my thing specially when i want my saber crystals. plus they are so hard they need to make a difficulty setting for the challenges depending on the persons play style for the game or go off the difficulty you beat the games story on for the challenges at least. also got a problem with a jumptrooper stuck in a wall in the salvation level after you beat the terror walker and i cant kill him is the only bug ive noticed in the game so far for the PS3 version my brother has the 360 version and has the same problem.

I think that probably too much time/money was spent on the CGI cutscenes then on the core game. I still really loved this game despite it being rather short however.

I liked how they kept things open to interpretation instead of wrapping everything up in a bow. Is Starkiller really a clone or did Vader simply resurrect him as he did in the first game after impaling him and throwing him into space?

Did anyone else notice that Vader based his Terror Troopers off of General Grievous? He remembers how deadly Grievous was and the face-masks of the Terror Troopers reflect that.

I thought it was interesting the way Starkiller was having his flashbacks suggesting he may not be the clone Vader said he is. Learning from Sidious, Vader has become quite good at manipulation. Convincing Starkiller that he is a simple clone and not the template, Vader could continue trying to recreate his perfect weapon while keeping Galen on a leash, but of course things don't go as planned. I do believe that Vader intended to finally kill him though in the beginning of the game because he had finally succeeded in his goal. To see what that was you have to make the darkside choice at the end.

Did anyone else notice that Vader based his Terror Troopers off of General Grievous? He remembers how deadly Grievous was and the face-masks of the Terror Troopers reflect that.

Actually, Vader (unlike, say, Shaak Ti) doesn't have much of a reason to remember Grievous as scary. He only met him once and the encounter consisted of little more than the general running away from him after exchanging some insults. But yes, it's still a nice touch.

Actually, Vader (unlike, say, Shaak Ti) doesn't have much of a reason to remember Grievous as scary. He only met him once and the encounter consisted of little more than the general running away from him after exchanging some insults. But yes, it's still a nice touch.

It's things like this that blows the cannon to hell.

But one thing i really didn't understand is why are people giving the story a good rating... I mean didn't all you "die hard" fans know that vader can't use force lightning cause he can risk shorting out his survival suit :confused:

The small burst of lightning in the beginning is acceptable, but

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the scene at the ending??? WTF??? Drawing power from the elements and feeding so much lightning to vader and he still survives???

END OF SPOILER,

Why the hell is lucas licensing even existing??? It's unacceptable, and fans who commend them for this should think again. A company such as lucasarts that gets a gazillion boo's for a product shall take that one yay it gets and transfer that into a success, just to save face, in this case the dev team of force unleashed.... It's just a matter of time before another dud product (TFU 3) comes out and the people who supported this product will definitely end up hating it...

vader can't use force lightning cause he can risk shorting out his survival suit :confused:

the scene at the ending??? WTF??? Drawing power from the elements and feeding so much lightning to vader and he still survives???

I agree with you. In return of the jedi, Vader came in contact with very little force lightning-to be honest I don't know how the force lightning bounce back at him :S -but Starkiller using that much force lightning, it should have killed him!

It's things like this that blows the cannon to hell.

I think that's the least of this game's problems. What really blows the canon to hell is the whole idea that being in love somehow brought Starkiller over to the light side. But in the films it works completely the other way around, attachment and fear of loss are what brought Vader to the dark side. So in TFU2 we have this paradoxical scene where Vader tries to make Starkiller let go of his attachment to Juno - which is exactly what Yoda did with Anakin in Ep 3.

The ending is completely backwards, too. When Kota pleads with Starkiller to go back and help the outgunned Rebels, a selfless lightsider would let go of his attachment and turn back. Only a selfish darksider would abandon the larger cause and pursue his own personal passions. This applies to the final choice as well. The reason why Starkiller is convinced to spare Vader is that a dead Vader can't tell him if he's really Starkiller or just a clone. That's a selfish, dark side reason. A selfless lightsider would set his own personal feelings aside. Again there's the contrast with Ep 3. Anakin makes the choice to let Palpatine live for his own selfish reasons and it brings him to the dark side. But Starkiller making the exact same choice for the exact same kind of reason is somehow a light side choice? That's why I think the writers don't know the first thing about Star Wars and why in my mind Starkiller is firmly on the dark side.

What really blows the canon to hell is the whole idea that being in love somehow brought Starkiller over to the light side.

That thought did come to me. And you're right, "love" was Anakin's down fall, so why wouldn't it be for Starkiller. He's just-if not more-obessed with his love interest like Anakin was. He had no care for the rebelion he started.

That's why I think the writers don't know the first thing about Star Wars

I've felt like this towards many Star Wars Expanded Universe productions. It's more about "their" version of Star Wars, whether then actually getting the facts right.

in my mind Starkiller is firmly on the dark side.

I don't even think we know which side he's on, to be honest. He started out a Sith, but its not like it was clear he was a Jedi at the end of TFU1. Just that he hade a self-less sacrifice.

And the writers don't explain where he stands in TFU2. We don't even know if he's a clone or not. His side on the light or dark are pretty vage, at least to me =/

I don't even think we know which side he's on, to be honest. He started out a Sith, but its not like it was clear he was a Jedi at the end of TFU1. Just that he hade a self-less sacrifice.

And the writers don't explain where he stands in TFU2. We don't even know if he's a clone or not. His side on the light or dark are pretty vage, at least to me =/

Yeah, that's another thing. Kota keeps blabbering about how nobody can clone a Jedi, so it really puzzles me that Starkiller never uses the obvious retort "I'm not a Jedi". Same thing in TFU1, when he says he's never been a Jedi before. Well newsflash, boy, you're not a Jedi. Pretending to have turned against your Sith master does you not a Jedi make. I have a feeling the writers know so little about SW that they use the term "Jedi" to mean "any generic light-sided force user".

As I said, I think his actions clearly indicate that he's on the dark side. I have my reservations about him starting out as a Sith, too. The whole apprenticeship to Vader was a sham, a trick. Vader never honestly intended to overthrow the Emperor with Starkiller, he was just going to use him. I therefore seriously doubt he imparted any actual Sith teachings to him. More likely he just taught him to use the Force and the glowstick to kill people, then - if you pardon the pun - unleashed him on the Galaxy. Same thing as being called a Jedi, having a red lightsaber and using Force lightning doesn't make him a Sith.

As for his sacrifice, that has got to be one of the dumbest moments in the entire storyline. Notice when Palpatine lies on the floor and Kota tries to dissuade Starkiller from killing him, Starkiller points out to him that it's a trick and Palpatine isn't really beaten? He's fully aware it's a feint. But then he lets go of his anger and falls for the trick anyway. So I don't view his death so much as a sacrifice but rather as a justly deserved consequence of the astounding stupidity he displays in that scene. I mean, come on! He deactivates his lightsaber and turns his back on the most powerful individual in the Galaxy that he just said is stronger than anyone suspects and only feigning defeat. There isn't enough facepalm in the world for that.

Also, wasn't killing the Emperor kinda the whole reason for forming the Rebellion in the first place? So what's the bloody point of it if you don't do that when you have the chance? These games make even less sense than Episode 1, and that's saying a lot.

Palpatine lightning > starkiller lightning.

That can't be entirely possible, especially with the last scene for 2 reasons,

1. Electronics don't care which lightning is greater, 100v or 1000v can cause a power surge enough to throw the life support off balance.

2. According to starwars universe, force lightning is amplification of a jedi's/sith's electricity flowing through their body which all living beings thrive on... it can be measured in milli volts. So if starkiller draws power from elemental lightning which in a single discharge measures a million volts coupled with the amplification of his body's electricity, i think its safe to say that

Starkiller lightning > than or = Palpatine lightning (at that particular scene). which IMO is enough to make vader want to see luke with his own eyes.

Prime, please don't ditch us, you're slowly turning to the dark side. :)

Actually, now that I am learning more, I think it shows Vader to be pretty badass.

Vader was and always will be badass, in fact there is no greater Badass in History, and this has been known to me since 1980.

I meant the several other abortions that occur throughout the 2 games which I shall not go into because, well I dont care... Just wanted to make it clear that my Comments which didn't include Vader, do not point to me as a Vader Hater or someone not in the know about Vader's Badassness... Phew!

See how exhausting Flame bait and Hyperbole can get lol :)

2. According to starwars universe, force lightning is amplification of a jedi's/sith's electricity flowing through their body which all living beings thrive on... it can be measured in milli volts. So if starkiller draws power from elemental lightning which in a single discharge measures a million volts coupled with the amplification of his body's electricity, i think its safe to say that

Starkiller lightning > than or = Palpatine lightning (at that particular scene). which IMO is enough to make vader want to see luke with his own eyes.

Do you have a direct quote for that from a reliable source? My understanding is that Force lightning is a physical manifestation of corrupting the Force, and not simple electricity. Not saying your wrong, just that I've never seen that in an official source.

Prime, please don't ditch us, you're slowly turning to the dark side. :)
Oh, don't worry. :)

Vader was and always will be badass, in fact there is no greater Badass in History, and this has been known to me since 1980.
Agreed! My point was I am glad to see Vader being portrayed as not only obscenely powerful, but a cunning villain and tinkerer. In recent years I feel he has been watered down too much. To me much of Vader's badassery comes from the fact that he doesn't have to flip around and lightning everyone a la Starkiller, just manipulate everyone and defeat them with cunning and strength.

I meant the several other abortions that occur throughout the 2 games which I shall not go into because, well I dont care... Just wanted to make it clear that my Comments which didn't include Vader, do not point to me as a Vader Hater or someone not in the know about Vader's Badassness... Phew!
Fair enough. :) I probably jumped the gun there, sorry. I just tend to see much of the complaints about the story being the way they treat our beloved Vader. Sorry dude!

Archived