Home

Batman 3: The Dark Knight Rises

RC-1162

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but new news out yesterday: Bane is the villain in TDKR, and I think Catwoman is kind of the anti-hero, I don't know. Tom Hardy to play Bane and Anne Hathaway is playing Catwoman.

Source: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/01/19/batman-hathaway-catwoman-hardy-bane-dark-knight-rises/

I think this is awesome! :D Bane was one of the few to damage Batman badly enough to take him out of commission for a while and one of his very few intellectual rivals. And many people probably know this but Bane broke Batman's back in the Knightfall series of comics.

in b4 I am the only one who doesn't mind Anne Hathaway

I'm not sure how much screentime it will take for her to erase my memories of Halle Berry though.

PICCATWOMANCLOSEUPFORBLOG.jpg

YES YOU STUPID WOMAN LEAVE 80% OF YOUR BODY EXPOSED NOBODY GOING TO STAB YOU OR SHOOT YOU OR ANYTHING JUST KILL THEM WITH YOUR SEXY POSES

Anne Hathaway isn't exactly the first person to spring to mind when it comes to playing Catwoman, which is probably why it'll work.

Yeah, Mr. Ledger wasn't my first choice for the Joker either, especially after seeing A Knight's Tale. Thought he was a bit of a 'good-looker' like all the others. He blew me away in the Dark Knight though. The pencil scene was...incredible.

Thanks for this news RC!

Who's going to complain about Anne Hathaway in a catsuit? Honestly.

Can't deny, though, both these villains have a great deal of ground to make up for, thanks to previous movies that have used the characters. The Halle Berry movie was terrible, and the Film That Shall Not Be Named was even worse. Made Bane look like a zombie-form Ahnult. I've been looking forward to this movie for quite a while, despite my traditional apathy towards Batman (thank you very much Mr. Burton); now that we may actually see a decent portrayal of Bane, I'm even more excited.

Archived