Home

Not bad, not bad at all!

captmorgan72

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you guys about the scene with Vader force pushing Juno. That was very badly done. He could have easily stripped the saber from her with the force and then choke her for punishment. He needed her alive for Starkiller to follow his orders. What should have happen (and does happen in my mind anyway when I see that scene), Juno grabs Vader's saber like she did, but instead of just pointing it at him, she swings it and clips Vader's side. This causes just superficial wounds but enough for Vader to lash out instinctively with anger and force push Juno with lethal intent.

Now this mystery if Starkiller is really Galen or a clone. Through out the game we see Starkiller show very strong emotional ties to both Juno and Kota. He really cares about them. Then there are the flashbacks that happen during certain events in the game. When doubting that he could be Galen we see a flashback of when Vader brought him back from death's door in part one. Could be just a template memory or it could be a hint that he was brought back after his "death" suggesting that it happened again. In the final fight with Vader, Starkiller tells him, "I've always been stronger than you" in which Vader replies, "and yet you fail to kill me". Was this a slip on his part admitting that Starkiller was in fact Galen and not a clone?

The ending has two parts, one light side and the other dark. Assuming that this sequel follows the same format as the last, the light side ending is canon while the dark side ending is a "what if" scenario. At the conclusion of the light side ending, it looked to me that Vader failed to create a stable clone from Galen and decided to try to convince Galen that he WAS a clone. Then he tried to blackmail him with Juno but that didn't work out either. The dark side ending had Vader successfully creating a stable clone from Galen's DNA. Better yet, this clone fully embraced the dark side, were Galen never did. Then there is the possibility that Starkiller WAS in fact a clone. In this scenario, even if he was, like Kota said, it wouldn't matter. Through the clone, Galen would have been "resurrected". The same thing happen to Star Trek's Spock in "The Search for Spock".

Speaking of slip-ups, there's the costume selection menu. When selecting the Dark Clone robes, the info box says it's the outfit of "the only stable clone of Starkiller". Which leaves the player character either Starkiller himself or an unstable clone.

Or, The player character is the real starkiller.BTW i really preffered kota calling him Galen...

Actually, she's improved a lot. See the last episode, where she was fallable and made mistakes. Frankly, now that she's growing past the "precocious child" stage, she's a lot less of a Mary Sue than Anakin is.
I hated here when she was introduced, but her character has improved a lot and is far from the Mary Sue she once was, and certainly is nothing like Starkiller in that respect.

I'm guessing you haven't seen the last 3 episodes? wow... the mandalorian trilogy that just aired is the most boring badly written drivel I have ever experienced, even the "I Love it whether its good or bad cus I love George" crowd are disowning this season
Nope, I'm at around episode 17 of season 2. So maybe it takes a nosedive later, but I liked Season 2 overall. Flaws aside, I just like seeing Anakin portrayed as the hero we heard about in the OT and his interaction with Kenobi. Plus there is a lot less of the battledroid silliness, etc.

but for the Record there is no quality Star Wars Coming from anyone but Del Rey and Dark Horse atm. Lucusarts and Lucasfilm/animation are tearing away what little dignity this franchise has left.
I'm a huge DH fan, and picked up the first issue of Knight Errant. Looks good so far! Del Rey I find hit or miss. Mostly miss post-RotJ.

Lets see what they do with Quinlin Vos on the 12th, I'll let you know if I've thrown all my Comics away or not.
Well, whatever happens in the show I'll always cherish the Republic comics. They will always stay in my personal canon. :)

Now this mystery if Starkiller is really Galen or a clone.
I thought it was already confirmed in the game when you do the achievements or whatever they are called that he is a clone?

Rhett_is_DEAD.png

Or, The player character is the real starkiller.BTW i really preffered kota calling him Galen...

Yeah it was either slip-up or them telling us that the player is the real Starkiller.

I thought it was already confirmed in the game when you do the achievements or whatever they are called that he is a clone?

Rhett_is_DEAD.png

Then here's the thing that has them telling us that the player is a clone.

My little theory is that if he's not a clone, then the player character was the "real Starkiller" from the picture and Vader was showing the Dark Clone what he was supposed to hate. Then after that Vader revived Starkiller somehow like he did in the first game and that's where TFU2 begins.

Not sure if I was clear but don't hate, I'm just giving a suggestion of a possible scenario.

Oh come on, guys. We all know that Vader lies a lot, and even discounting the possibility that the body is one of those training holodroids that scene is still taking place in a cloning facility. With hundreds of rejected Starkiller clones on hand. Please tell me you're not falling for that.

Or, The player character is the real starkiller.

That is what I said.

Oh come on, guys. We all know that Vader lies a lot, and even discounting the possibility that the body is one of those training holodroids that scene is still taking place in a cloning facility. With hundreds of rejected Starkiller clones on hand. Please tell me you're not falling for that.

Good point, but who knows. Only TFU3(hopefully) will enlighten us on this subject.

My theory is that the player character is indeed the real Starkiller. I base this on two pieces of evidence: Firstly, the Dark Clone costume description, which if accurate would mean the protagonist is either Starkiller or an unstable clone. He sure does seem unstable near the end, hearing voices and fending off attacks by an imaginary Vader. But the voices taunt him in very much the same way as Vader does. Kota's voice makes a reference to "a dead man", which is a phrase that Vader drops in pretty much every dialog. That leads me to believe that what is going on at that point is Vader's trying to mess with Starkiller's head via the Force.

I'm an Occam's Razor kind of guy: I believe that the simplest explanation is often the correct one. That said, I do believe that the Starkiller we control in The Force Unleashed II is indeed a clone. The novelization of the first game even describes his consciousness floating out of his body, out of the Death Star and out into space before dissolving. So yes, Galen Marek is dead.

It is kind of stupid that the body in the picture above is dressed in the outfit that the player is dressed in from the Salvation through the end of the game (by default), though. I wish they would have put him in that hooded outfit that he wore when infiltrating the Death Star in the previous game.

Rhett_is_DEAD.png

Isn't that story non-canon? If it is canon, shouldn't Starkiller be wearing Jedi Adventure Robes? Isn't a bit awkward Juno falling in love by a stranger, just because he is Starkiller's clone?

The ending where the Dark Apprentice kills Starkiller isn't canon, but the Dark Apprentice's existence is canon. As to why he chose not to strike Starkiller down in the light side ending (since he was obviously so close, and was not detected by General Kota) is anyone's guess.

No it's not. Vader clearly tells him to not step in until needed. In the DS ending Vader's about to get killed, so the clone reveals himself. In the LS ending Vader is not only not in danger but is in fact even on his way to the secret rebel base.

That doesn't make sense. Deciding to cut down Vader suddenly brings this other character who didn't exist previously into existence? That's not logical. The Dark Apprentice clearly exists, and there has to be a reason why he allowed Vader to be captured. [Edit: What you said about Vader clearly not being in danger in the light side ending even reinforces this.]

For that matter, there has to be a reason why Vader allowed himself to be captured. For someone so powerful in the Force, I can't envision him being so easily shackled up by a couple of puny Rebel soldiers, or that those harnesses would prevent him from breaking loose.

Isn't that story non-canon? If it is canon, shouldn't Starkiller be wearing Jedi Adventure Robes? Isn't a bit awkward Juno falling in love by a stranger, just because he is Starkiller's clone?
Doesn't he orignally get stabbed by Vader in the outfit shown?

The Dark Apprentice clearly exists, and there has to be a reason why he allowed Vader to be captured.

Of course there is. What's Vader after? The Rebellion, right? And where's Kota taking him? To the Rebels' secret base. Kota is not only showing Vader where the base is, he's actually bringing him there. Now I wouldn't say that's a terribly bright idea even with Vader securly bound, but with an invisible evil Starkiller skulking around? Wanna bet he stowed away on board the Rogue Shadow? You see where this is going?

Doesn't he orignally get stabbed by Vader in the outfit shown?

Hm... now that's either a gigantic coincidence, or the writers may not be quite as incompetent as they seem. If I recall correctly, in TFU1 the enemies on the Empirical referred to the newly revived Starkiller as subject 1138. Now in TFU2 on Kamino they say that subject 1138 has returned to Kamino. Perhaps Starkiller's been dead since halfway through TFU1 and we've been playing a clone all along.

Hm... now that's either a gigantic coincidence, or the writers may not be quite as incompetent as they seem. If I recall correctly, in TFU1 the enemies on the Empirical referred to the newly revived Starkiller as subject 1138. Now in TFU2 on Kamino they say that subject 1138 has returned to Kamino. Perhaps Starkiller's been dead since halfway through TFU1 and we've been playing a clone all along.

And wouldn't he need time to grow? That doesn't fit.

Of course there is. What's Vader after? The Rebellion, right? And where's Kota taking him? To the Rebels' secret base. Kota is not only showing Vader where the base is, he's actually bringing him there. Now I wouldn't say that's a terribly bright idea even with Vader securly bound, but with an invisible evil Starkiller skulking around? Wanna bet he stowed away on board the Rogue Shadow? You see where this is going?

Um . . . Yes, I agree with you one hundred percent, but I still don't see how that proves the Dark Apprentice didn't exist.

Think of it this way: In terms of the dark side ending, everything up to the moment where the player presses that "dark side" button and triggers the ending is canon, right? That means that everything that transpired up until that moment has really and truly occurred, both within the story that we see playing out in front of us, as well as what is happening behind the scenes in order to make those events play out the way we see them play out.

Now, in order for the non-canonical dark side ending to play out the way it does - with the Dark Apprentice showing up to spoil everything - that means that, up until that point, everything necessary to lay the groundwork for such a thing to happen needed to transpire within the canonical portion of the story. So unless this evil clone suddenly materializes from nonexistence into being when the player presses that "dark side" button, it's logical to assume that while Starkiller is off doing what he does over the course of the story, his evil twin is also out there doing what he needs to do to get close to his master and Starkiller in order to carry out Vader's will should the need arise (which it does not).

And for whatever reason--likely the reasons you mentioned--he chooses not to kill Starkiller when the latter spares Vader's life.

As such--and I know this is probably just the fanboy in me speaking--I think the Dark Apprentice is the best candidate for the other main villain in the next game. And although I'm willing to bet that LucasArts lets that entire scenario slide and leaves this huge plothole open, it still would not disprove his existence.

As a follow-up to the above posts: That would work if it were not for the fact that all of the clones possess Galen's memories from both before and after the Empirical incident. That would mean that, if the Starkiller appearing in the story from that point on was indeed the clone, the clones on Kamino are clones of this clone, not the original host; and that, in turn, means that the body suspended in the air in the above scene is not, in fact, the template from which all of the clones were created.

But in any case, I don't even think the outfit looks like the one you're talking about. Rather, I think it more closely resembles the outfit that Starkiller wears in the second game, from the Salvation onward. That's even more problematic.

But it's an artistic representation. No harm done. After all, look how much Kratos' brother from the new God of War PSP game--whose story was entirely inspired from an unlockable video from the first God of War game from PS2--looks nothing like what he looks like in that video. Things such as this should be viewed more as representations rather than actual depictions.

[Edit] As for having no time to grow the original clone, just to play devil's advocate here are two things to consider: 1) Vader raised Starkiller from childhood, so he would have had any number of years to obtain a DNA sample and grow a clone in secret. 2) Canonical sources say that six months pass between the scene where Vader stabs Starkiller through the torso and when he awakens on the Empirical. The same about of time passes between the two games, so Vader would have had the exact same amount of time to grow the first clone.

I'm not convinced either way, I'm just saying. I think it's a theory with a lot of merit, but I'm neither for nor against it at this point. More information is needed.

Exactly.

Considering that the player is the real Starkiller all throughout TFU1 and 2, I think it's a coincidence. I mean, yeah there's that big question now since that picture, but I have a feeling that they used the Sith Training gear costume to portray that body as the original Starkiller. That's the first outfit we've ever seen Starkiller in, so it's just a tool to tell people that "that's TFU real Starkiller, and there's TFU2 clone Starkiller".

That's what I think, but if they used the Jedi Adventurer robes, the one he "died" in at the end of TFU1, then I think it would be more of an obvious sign they're telling us that we're playing as the clone, or that Vader's more of a master of lying than we thought.

But I don't think there's any clone-business going on in TFU1 at all. Definitely something going on in TFU2, but not 1. Clones need time to grow. If I'm not mistaken, after Starkiller gets stabbed in TFU1 by Vader, when he wakes up it's been 6 months. That's what I've heard. And Starkiller's inbetween the ages of 20-25 or something. So growing a clone to that age in 6 months. So If this is the same clone in TFU2, 6 more months later, we should be controlling a middle-aged man.

Despite what the TFU1 novel said, how his spirit floated up into space or something, I'm still guessing that it's the real Starkiller we're dealing with in TFU2. Like a question brought up earlier, how could Juno love another man. I don't know about cloning and the Force, but Star Wars doesn't mess around with love.

But I don't think there's any clone-business going on in TFU1 at all. Definitely something going on in TFU2, but not 1. Clones need time to grow. If I'm not mistaken, after Starkiller gets stabbed in TFU1 by Vader, when he wakes up it's been 6 months. That's what I've heard. And Starkiller's inbetween the ages of 20-25 or something. So growing a clone to that age in 6 months. So If this is the same clone in TFU2, 6 more months later, we should be controlling a middle-aged man.

I just spoke to that one post above yours: The exact same amount of time passes between that event in the first game and the first two games. Six months and six months. And it's age-accelerated.

Despite what the TFU1 novel said, how his spirit floated up into space or something, I'm still guessing that it's the real Starkiller we're dealing with in TFU2. Like a question brought up earlier, how could Juno love another man. I don't know about cloning and the Force, but Star Wars doesn't mess around with love.

But Star Wars is also pretty big on the whole certain-point-of-view theme. Kota said it all when he said he was starting to think that whether or not Starkiller was a clone was irrelevant. He is the same man with the same memories and life experiences. It's like his life, which was cut off prematurely, has been given the chance to continue from where it left off.

And wouldn't he need time to grow? That doesn't fit.

Well we don't know how much time passed between Starkiller getting stabbed and waking up on the Empirical, do we? Plus I wouldn't put it past Vader to already have the project running while Starkiller was alive, so he may have had clones ready already.

Considering that the player is the real Starkiller all throughout TFU1 and 2, I think it's a coincidence.

Do we know that for sure?

I mean, yeah there's that big question now since that picture, but I have a feeling that they used the Sith Training gear costume to portray that body as the original Starkiller. That's the first outfit we've ever seen Starkiller in, so it's just a tool to tell people that "that's TFU real Starkiller, and there's TFU2 clone Starkiller".

Yeah, you're probably right. I have a tendency to overthink this stuff. I have a feeling it's the same thing as parts 2 and 3 of the Matrix trilogy. When the second one came out I started thinking about it and thought it had a really cool, well thought out story, but then the third one came out and proved me totally wrong.

If this is the same clone in TFU2, 6 more months later, we should be controlling a middle-aged man.

I would imagine the accelerated aging works only while the clone is in the tank.

Archived