Home

Halloween 2010

Kyr'am Galaar

pffft, Halloween. Couldn't be bothered to dress up. It's the least important 'holiday'ish thing of the year, barely an excuse to drink. Which i did, 'natch. But still, comes behind birthdays, christmas, new year, easter, the solstices, St. paddy's, st. georges and st. andrews as a reason to get excited.

pffft, Halloween. Couldn't be bothered to dress up. It's the least important 'holiday'ish thing of the year, barely an excuse to drink. Which i did, 'natch. But still, comes behind birthdays, christmas, new year, easter, the solstices, St. paddy's, st. georges and st. andrews as a reason to get excited.

Sounds like someone got nothing but dollar-store lollipops and expired chips while trick-or-treating as a kid. :xp:

The fiancée and I had some friends over for the evening; any holiday makes a great excuse for such things. It was the first time since the beginning of June we'd been able to get the majority of our circle of friends over at once. And for most of the guys and one of the girls, it was still just warm enough to slip out to the balcony for a nice and proper cigar.

Not to mention all the leftover candy and stuff, formerly $12+ for roughly two dozen mini candy bars, that's now practically being given away.

Birthday's a reason to get excited?

My Birthdays at the moment are around the 18/19/20/21 mark when they're still fun, and still an excuse to get really hammered. Plus, mine and two of my best friends pretty much coincides with New year and Christmas which basically means it's the best week of the year. So yeah :p

Sounds like someone got nothing but dollar-store lollipops and expired chips while trick-or-treating as a kid. :xp:

haha, nah i haven't even trick or treated for a good 10 years and I've no idea what i got. Even when i was of the right age i wasn't particularly interested :p

Did you vote for the winner? I hear she was an ex-guerilla like in Black Lagoon.

[comparison in these pics rocks]

I did vote for Dilma Rouseff. She is Lula's protégée and some says he'll be the kind of mentor Putin is for Medvdev in brazillian politics. No one knows for sure, but it's better than voting on the opposing party that represents everything Brazil was ten years ago. Before the runoff we actually had more (and better) choices but they got shot down quick.

And you heard right. She fought against dictatorships, was arrested, tortured and all that, you get the gist. Some argue that we can't have an "ex-outlaw" as a president (it was fun to watch accusations of her active role in a famous American ambassador kidnap case around the 70's) as if it was something bad.

Speaking honestly though, we all know that Lula's making a comeback in 2014, but as much as I'd like to see him in power, this is democracy and the seat can't remain under the same guy for long. You have to pass the torch.

My Birthdays at the moment are around the 18/19/20/21 mark when they're still fun, and still an excuse to get really hammered. Plus, mine and two of my best friends pretty much coincides with New year and Christmas which basically means it's the best week of the year. So yeah :p

Yeah, I'm around that too but I can't get much excited with mine. I hate playing the host and family is constantly trying to do a get together, as if it was an unusual thing. Ugh. Almost couldn't make it to a concert I really wanted to go.

Same here, and guess what? I´m on my angriest(can you even say it like that???) on my birthdays. And Im angry enough to whack anyone down with a baseball bat on my average days, luckily Im not trusted such weapons of mass destruction very often. But what i really hate about birthdays is how people want to fuss about it, If it were up to me I´d never celebrate birthdays. Or Christmas. Or anything else either.

I don't celebrate it, guess It's more of an American thing

I think I posted this last year, but, no breaking with tradition:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I like the laboured Americanisms 'out back' and 'go fetch' >_<

I much prefer Bonfire Night; we don't have space for a bonfire in my house, but winter barbecues are always fun.

Archived