Home

I'm just about ready to bite somebody's head off

Sordid Dreams

Those goddamn stupid challenges, argh! I CANNOT do them, they are DESIGNED to be as annoying as possible, right down to having to watch that pointless little camera pan when you restart one because you screwed up for the tenth time because the controls are so damn random and unresponsive. Anyone have any other way to get those goodies they unlock? Cheat, trainer, savegame editing, I don't care, just something so I don't completely smash everything within my reach.

I have one, it's still stupidly difficult and random.

That's another thing I hate about TFU2 - the Unleashed difficulty was too easy if annoying, the challenges are too hard and annoying. I mean, why does it have to be so annoying? Platforms just far enough that you can't reach them, contronls just unresponsive enough that you can't properly control whether you do a two swing combo or a three swing one.

About the only one that I found really easy was the one where you have to keep Stormtroopers from escaping, that I managed to get up to 7 minutes on like my third attempt.

Some of them I get what I'm supposed to do, but the game screws me over. Like the combat trial, where I have to do specific combos. If I try to press the button only the required number of times, the combo tends to fall short. If I keep mashing it, chances are it'll be overextended. Or the Dagobah challenge. Yeah, I get it, I have to raise about every second platform, then for the latter part of the course not bother raising any at all and just run through the lightning to get a good time. But due to the improved but still quite random targeting system I always end up raising the wrong platform, costing me time.

Aaaand then there are those were I'm completely lost. Like defending the statue or the gauntlet. I have absolutely no idea how to get a good time on those.

Ah! One helpful tip the strategy guide (yes, I still buy them) says is that you don't need to wait for the animations to finish most of the time. In fact, it saves time if you don't. Don't go by the animations; rather, watch the button symbols when they light up, indicating that you've hit the corresponding button, and then move on to the next. Don't even look at Starkiller at all. That's what I did.

Yeah, I figured that out for myself. Still can't do it, but I just gave up. I say it's impossible. I'm simply waiting for cheats to unlock the rest of the stuff I don't have, which is just 4 crystals, so no big deal. Plus the game isn't exactly very long or replayable, so having the stuff unlocked is pretty much pointless anyway.

Hmm. I completed that challenge just fine (well, after a few attempts) and I am literally the worst gamer in the world. I got all bronze trophies, and one silver. The only challenge I couldn't beat was the last one, but I might try it now that my powers have all been maxed out having played through the game a second time.

Yeah the best time to start knocking out these challenges is to wait until your force powers are maxed out and after you find all(or most) of the holocrons for your health and force to be high.

I don't see how you're having so much trouble, maybe put them down for a bit and try again because they're pretty simple. Unlike Zerimar though, I can say that I'm a gamer with above-average skills so I don't know about the more casual type of gamers.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I got a platinum on the Terror Trial on my first try by doing a bunch of repulses on the spiders and shock/grapples on the troopers. I also got a gold on the Domination Trial using nothing but repulses. The rest are silvers, bronzes, and two that I barely passed.

I never do lightsaber combos (I beat TFU1 on Sith Master both endings without doing a single lightsaber combo except for a few impales and reflecting Sidious' lightning, if that's a combo), so the first challenge is out of the question. I tried twenty times and I couldn't even get to the last five combos. I had to bring in my brother to get the bronze and it took him ten tries.

Archived