Home

New Races request

Zeoka

Does anyone of you feel irritated by the lack of different species as a playable character? I would love to play with some different species, but the problem is, I am terrible at modding, and I don't really have the time to learn myself how to become better.

Recently I got my girlfriend to play Kotor 2. And I found out she liked Darth Talon, the red Twi Lek Sith. I've got a thing with Gungans, a Gungan with a lightsaber would be absolutely rad, 'cuz I mean, come on. The player isn't a clumsy person, so it would be a calm Gungan. Not like Jar Jar which I am aware, everyone hates.

Anyone interested in helping?

There's already a Talon mod for TSL - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2280581 and the download link for it is here - http://www.filefront.com/9048399/DarthTalon_TSL.rar

Don't think you are going to have much luck with a Gungan mod. There's no way to make completely new heads.

Thanks for the Darth Talon mod! Makes my girlfriend happy. :thmbup1:

you could work with a Rakata head they resemble gungans close enough

Are there Rakata in TSL? Didn't knew that, I must have missed it. Well, maybe it would do, but I still have to find someone interested enough to pull it off. Anyway thanks for the suggestion!

Its coming along well.

It may take a bit longer than expected to get this finished as it is a moajor thing and I am working on my main mod

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205833

at the moment but I am working on this as well.

I have some screenshots:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

swkotor220101110171521.png

Show spoiler

swkotor220101110171310.png

Show spoiler

swkotor220101110165855.png

I actually made a list of races I remember of TSL.

Including the Rakata jedi7000nathan mentioned it would be Gammorean, Quarren, Twilek, Wookie, Iridonian, Rodian, Toydarian, Hutt, Bith, Sullustan, Duros, Gran, Chadra-Fan, Weequay, Aqualish, Ithorian, Nikto, Devaronian, Gand and Trandoshan species.

I don't know if this is any help?

EDIT: I found out that the Rakata are mentioned in TSL, but I'm not sure if there is a Rakata skin in the game. They were in KotoR 1, though.

Maybe a Rodian will do? You could use the ears as eyes and put the long floppy ears straight to the back of it's head. I mean the did the same to the wookies, my first thought upon seeing a wookie in TSL was that they were not as fluffy as they are supposed to be, they were.. Round.. But it didn't matter, they were rad enough. Same for the Gungan idea, perhaps?

Why would you want to play as a gungan? They're just.... terrible.

I've grown to like Gungans in one way. Plus a serious Gungan just looks really cool to me. And it's unique to play as a Gungan, since I know almost everyone hates them.

The Rakata are unable to feel the Force and even if they could, they would not be a Jedi Exile. The Rakata have been stuck on their "Unknown" Planet for God knows how long... and the Jedi Exile aided Revan in battle... and was exiled at the start of the Jedi Civil War... there's no possible way that the Exile could be a Rakata. And Wookies have "lost" their connection as stated by Kreia in K2 (in regards to Hanhar).

:edit:

And Hutts are too bulky to fit through doors half the time...

The Rakata are unable to feel the Force and even if they could, they would not be a Jedi Exile. The Rakata have been stuck on their "Unknown" Planet for God knows how long... and the Jedi Exile aided Revan in battle... and was exiled at the start of the Jedi Civil War... there's no possible way that the Exile could be a Rakata. And Wookies have "lost" their connection as stated by Kreia in K2 (in regards to Hanhar).

:edit:

And Hutts are too bulky to fit through doors half the time...

Exceptions, my friend. Exceptions. :thmbup1:

@Above,

Your point about Hutts is true, but the reason people want to play as other aliens is because it's just cool, not because it makes sense. There are many playable alien mods, namely this one by RedRob41 that adds all the major missing species. I even made a playable Duros mod myself because I think it looks cool. People just like aliens. I have to agree with DarthParametric though, a Gungan is pretty near impossible.

No. I'm not saying that -.- I'm saying that Revan or the Exile, could not be a Rakata, Wookie or Hutt (the Hutt is merely because they're too bulky to fit through the doors). I'm not saying anything about another head... such as Devaronians, Duros... those would be fine... I'm not saying that the idea altogether is ludicrous, just those three particular races.

Yeah. But why can't we model new heads?

You can edit the heads, but you can't create new heads, due to the engine. Some people have managed to add some detail to existing heads, but its a very small amount of detail. KOTOR and TSL are fairly laid back on adding content to the game itself (new stores, other quests.. etc), despite having no official mod tools. But when it comes to new models, the game is very finicky. Because it is an older engine, can't go all hyper-detail like any new-gen game these days, generally limit your polys, give yourself a budget and work with that. We've managed new weapon models, new areas even, but if theres one thing the game refuses to give up its secrets on, its head models. We can re-shape them, edit them, give them a new skin, whatever. Can't add too much more detail to them. But no new head models. Not at this point in time, and I doubt we'll reach that point for a while, until some visionary comes in again and tinkers with the model formats more.

Thats a shame. that would of been cool. Then we could have had new species. Oh well, retexturing will have to do.

Retexture is okay! :D

And I am happy to see how many people have made some other species mods. It's really cool to see.

I'd like to second the request for more playable alien-folks.

RedRob's mod for k1 looks simply awesome and I'm surely going to try it out the next time I play k1.

However I can't find too much for k2. There are a buch of Twi'lek mods, but they mostly look crappy ... There's a nice Quarren mod, but it can't wear clothes and hasn't got any dark-side transition (just two versions, so your stuck from the beginning) and a trandoshan one with the same problem as the quarren, but it was virus-infected and crashed my whole computer last week when I tried to use it ...

For example in the game are models for:

Devarionian

Ithorian

Gand

Nikto

Rodian

Sullustan

Weequay

Zabrak

Btw.: How different are the files for k1 and k2? Is it possible to use k1-models for k2 or vice versa? (the same question I asked myself about modules, as this would be a good way to have new modules that don't look too familiar whithout having to build them from scrach)

I am still working on this mod although it has taken a back seat whilst i finish my tatooine job office. Not all alien species will be supported though. For example i am pretty sure that Ithorians can't wear armour and I want this to provide exactly the same game experience but with different appearances. :D

Archived