Home

L.A. Noire - Not vapourware after all (apparently)

DarthParametric

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurrah!

PC gaming aficionados, we hear you. And today, we are very happy to announce that L.A. Noire will be arriving on the PC platform this fall.

Developed by Rockstar Leeds and built to run on a wide range of PCs, L.A. Noire's robust feature customization includes keyboard remapping and gamepad functionality to both optimize and customize performance and user experience. Along with increased fidelity and improved graphical enhancements, the PC version will also feature 3D support for an even greater sense of interaction and immersion within a painstakingly detailed 1940s Los Angeles.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/news/17161/la-noire-is-coming-for-pc-this-fall.html

I'm actually surprised we haven't heard something about RDR. You'd have thought Xmas last year would have been the likely release window, based on the time between GTA4's console and PC releases. It would also seem to be a smarter option financially, as surely RDR on PC would sell more than LA Noire.

Concerning the LA Noire port, it's interesting that Rockstar Leeds (formerly Mobius) are almost exclusively handheld devs (PSP/DS/iOS/GBA), aside from a couple of PS2/Wii/PSX games. This is their first PC game. It also seems to be a studio completely devoted to ports, with no original IP from what I can tell.

Anyone else expecting this to be another tumor of a port that was GTA IV? Rockstar's stance on the PC market is apathetic and half-assed to the point of passive aggression. It's a big "piss-off" to PC gamers, as if it's aimed to spite everyone who wanted to throw money at Rockstar for a game.

I've heard about problems with GTAIVPC, but never experienced them. The game always worked perfectly for me. As for L.A. Noire, I guess we'll see - if it's really being released in the fall, then they've either planned for and worked on the PC version from the start, or it will be a rush job. I'm hoping for the former.

This game is not for PC! From what I've heard, it offers a more in-depth roleplaying experience than such action games *cough* er, RPG's as Dragon Age 2. I don't own any gaming consoles, so I consider this an injustice against PC gamers everywhere. Ripoff!!!

theyve put it on PC because it hasnt sold well and they need more money and this is their lifeline. this game is so unbelievably dull. I mean, the Black Dahlia murders and the final case of that sector are pretty neat but in general the game just sucks. The DLC is no better.

EDIT: as Alexrd said, Red Dead Redemption on PC please.

EDIT2: Thinking about it, RDR on PC could be a gateway to even MORE game of the years and such, like ME2 got more awards when released on PS3 this year.

Did only get a chance to play GTAIV for a couple of minutes on the PC, but it played rather awkwardly. If Noire gets the same treatment as GTAIV, then I'm bracing for another bad port. I'm going to get it later this year, probably on PS3 though.

I agree on RDR, though. Everybody should be able to experience that game. It's awesome. :)

it's worth a try, but It's so boring, it's cringeworthy. I haven't even completed the game. Not touched it for about a week and half, purely because I cannot be bothered to suffer that boredom.

I once played it when I was tired and couldn't sleep. 10 mins in, slept like a baby :lol:

theyve put it on PC because it hasnt sold well and they need more money and this is their lifeline.
Odd, last I read it has "shipped" over 4 million copies worldwide. Sales numbers put last month's number at 899,000 for the US alone. Sure it isn't GTAIV numbers, but I would still say it sold well...

Archived