Home

Movie Franchises That Should Be Turned Into Video Games

daltysmilth

There are, of course, a plethora of video games based on movie franchises. But are there any movies that haven't had video games based on them that you would like to see somehow adapted into video games?

One that comes to my mind is the Police Squad/Naked Gun series. I've always thought that it would be cool if Zucker, Abrams, and Zucker did a video game in the style of one of their movies, and Naked Gun would be the one that would be the easiest to adapt into a game. The first/third person action shooter is a genre that's definitely ripe for parody, and just think of all the great gags they could throw in. What do you think?

One that comes to my mind is the Police Squad/Naked Gun series. I've always thought that it would be cool if Zucker, Abrams, and Zucker did a video game in the style of one of their movies, and Naked Gun would be the one that would be the easiest to adapt into a game. The first/third person action shooter is a genre that's definitely ripe for parody, and just think of all the great gags they could throw in. What do you think?
I'm not sure how easy that would be to turn into a game that would capture the full essence of the original. Especially with all the dialogue. Though, I would definitely buy this in a heartbeat.

Also, it seems my post signature was already ready for this thread.

Interesting stuff. But as fun as a Naked Gun adventure game would have been, I still think the series lends itself better to an action game, in the vein of one of the James Bond games, or Max Payne. I've even thought of a great gag that could be used at some point. You know how all action games have "bullet time" in some form or another. Well, I think it would be funny to have the characters go into bullet time, but one character is still moving at normal speed at first, then he notices everyone else is in bullet time, so he starts moving slowly just to fit in. Sort of a nod to the fake freeze frame end credits sequences from Police Squad!, but updated for today's video game audience.

Archived