Home

So after playing the game *poll*

thelazygent

Is Star Killer a clone?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is Star Killer a clone?

Yeeaah, the video in which there's a body that looks like Starkiller. In a cloning facility full of Starkiller clones and holodriods that can flawlessly mimic human appearance. Plus it's Sir Vader Liesalot telling us that it's Starkiller, which should in and of itself be enough to assume it's not.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, so therefore he is a clone.

Occam's Razor.

That's true enough when trying to understand the natural world, but it doesn't make for good storytelling. Therefore, I go with the most improbable and convoluted option: Yes, he is a clone, but he's been a clone ever since he got stabbed in the back by Vader back in TFU1.

Well, I'm open to that theory, but that would imply that he is a clone of a clone rather than being another clone of the original Starkiller, because he possesses his memories all the way up until the Death Star. If he were a clone of the original, he'd only remember the events up to when Vader stabbed him.

The same is true for all of the clones, really.

Not necessarily. TFU2's protagonist has those memories because he's been trained with memory flashes, not because he's a clone. A clone's mind is blank, the flashes are used to impart memories. I'd say it's entirely possible Vader made a second clone of Starkiller, then imparted to him the memories of the first clone that died on the Death Star.

Oh, okay. I stand corrected.

I figured that perhaps by the time of the original Trilogy, the Kaminoans had refined their cloning skills and developed a method to transfer memories, similar to in the movie The Sixth Day, which had something to do with imprinting the memories in the brain by way of transfer along the optic nerve. But I could be wrong, I guess.

• 1 month later...

I hope he's not a clone and I'm skeptical they would have brought up all the questioning about whether or not he's a clone only to turn out that all the emphasis on the possibility of Starkiller's survival was a waste of time just trying to confuse us.

I'm not sure either way though.

• 1 month later...

i think the playable character in TFU 1 was a clone. i think the only time we ever see the real galen is during the cutscene where vader initially finds him. the FIRST thing vader does with him is take him to kamino to be cloned. throughout BOTH games, you're a clone, and the real REAL starkiller was wandering the galaxy (having escaped vader), perhaps running into yoda before the events of TFU2. and the playable character in TFU 3 will be the first, real, actual starkiller.

i just blew everyone's minds. i know.

Once again, my thoughts are:

The Juno Eclipse we see is a clone or a robot because she survived that fall. "As long as she lives, I control you." (or something like that)

The Dark Apprentice is somehow the real Starkiller and he's just being controlled by an elaborate hoax. The good clone was created on purpose to get him to "kill" his good side. "Maybe he's here."

Obviously I have no concrete evidence whatsoever.

i think the playable character in TFU 1 was a clone. i think the only time we ever see the real galen is during the cutscene where vader initially finds him. the FIRST thing vader does with him is take him to kamino to be cloned. throughout BOTH games, you're a clone, and the real REAL starkiller was wandering the galaxy (having escaped vader), perhaps running into yoda before the events of TFU2. and the playable character in TFU 3 will be the first, real, actual starkiller.

i just blew everyone's minds. i know.

Not bad.... not bad at all. That boy SK was about the same age.... as young Boba.

Archived