Home

Endor DLC announced!!!, New Skins Pack for 1$

deesnyder

@Kenobi: Ya, AC's great, but it doesn't have lightsabers or magic powers. And it's focused heavily on stealth. Which is fun, but not very starwarsy. Although now that I think about it, a Jedi stealth game might actually be pretty good. They're acrobatic, they can use mindtrick and stuff, there's a lot of potential for a stealth-based game. And it would be more in tune with the films. Kenobi didn't go slashing up stormtroopers left and right on the Death Star, he managed to sneak about completely unnoticed.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a big Star Wars geek and i'm starving for the same thing that you are, my point was, some people are already doing the gamestyle that you (we) are asking for, it's just lucasarts that is behind the curve with their hack n slash.

Hopefully now that AC has gone multiplayer, and is established as one of the big franchises in gaming nowadays they'll follow suit, i mean come on... they can't keep their eyes closed that much can they?

And about stealth, i agree completely, it would ad a lot to the game, using your brain a little doesn't hurt :thmbup1:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah woah woah... now you're just fine - lining everything... It doesn't take much to understand that it's a rip - off... why do you insist on giving me proverbs??? As far as proverbs are concerned, it's just a verbal manifestation of a "certain" individual's experience, which felt applicable to people who cannot take decisions on their own... That being said it doesn't necessarily have to be the same for me as well...

"A stitch in time saves nine can be contradicted" with "Think before you leap" which is why proverbs don't work on me...

As for a stealth star wars game, i've been dreaming about this sort of game for quite some time... Infact it is quite possible, given the scene in ep3 where the clone after receiving the "order 66" move in to kill yoda... At that moment you see yoda stressing a bit to switch on the lightsaber, but there's no ignition sound... Would be perfect for stealth kills...

A stealth SW game...mmmm, plenty of potential, except the "canon" thing matters a lot to some of SW fans, so there's creativity needed. I'm working on a fanfiction where stealth makes a big difference to the characters' survival (won't say more, it's not even 10% complete yet), so I might have ideas for it later.

There was some stealth in KOTOR1 and KOTOR2, and a level in JO where you had to sneak around...Still, a game focused on that would be interesting.

I'm thinking it might be possible for showing Obi-Wan during his Tatooine exile--he had to deal with Tusken Raiders canonically, and even fought a fellow Jedi Master who came close to falling to the dark side, so there's combat there. Perhaps some puzzle-solving and shadowing the young Luke Skywalker without being seen?

KOTOR-period, could show the Jedi Exile when she wandered the galaxy, especially before she returned to the Republic as a diplomat (just before getting spirited away to Peragus where KOTOR2 starts).

Could show Lumiya in Legacy of the Force, sneaking around, avoiding detectiong--Jacen Solo did similar in politics on his path to becoming Darth Caedus.

There's potential, and some established canon to expand on, but it's probably easiest with Obi-Wan. What do you think?

There's plenty of stealth in the canon. In Ep4 Obi Wan sneaks about on the DS for god knows how long completely unnoticed until he chooses to reveal himself to Vader, in Ep6 Luke hides from Vader (in what, if you look closely, is completely empty space!). Ep1 has the Jedi crawling through ventilation ducts as well as sneaking about in a droid-infested city before they rescue Amidala, Ep2 has Obi Wan making his way through the Separatist base on Geonosis and eavesdropping on their conversation, and in Ep3 Obi Wan hides aboard Amidala's ship, the little sneak. I'd say that's plenty of precedent to justify making a stealth game with a Jedi protagonist.

Old Obi Wan's boring and done to death. I don't think the Jedi Exile would work either. If you set it before Peragus, she's going to be without any force powers and without a lightsaber, and that's just not going to be any fun.

I'd say there's no reason not to use a brand new character. How about a period just after Kotor 2? The Jedi are all but gone from the Galaxy and the population at large isn't exactly friendly towards those that are left, providing a nice justification for a more stealth-based approach. And make her a weakling this time. Lord Starkiller the Overpowered is fun, but tossing dozens of stormtroopers about gets pretty boring pretty quick. Make it a challenge to take on more than one or two enemies at a time, force the player to think about what they're doing so that they don't just rush forward and slaughter everybody.

Yep, definitely very easy. Beat it on insanity without any trouble. Vader was laughable. It took a stupidly long time, but it wasn't difficult. Unlike the first game, you have a steady supply of lesser enemies (= health) during the fight, so it becomes a cycle of parry his attack - slash him - slaughter the clones while he jumps to the next platform - deflect the tanks he throws at you - jump onto the next platform - parry his attack... booooo-riiiiing after the first repetition. The only variation is that you can mindtrick the clones instead of killing them yourself, then let Vader slaughter them for you while you go make yourself a cup of coffee or something.

Old Obi Wan's boring and done to death..

You take that back right now!!!!! lol

On topic, balancing stealth/fun can be tricky sometimes, i don't like those games with "the alarm has been sounded, game over", that JO level was a pain like that, but i love those, that with some patience and smarts you can thin their numbers and make things easier for you and then you can, maybe, decide "i'll take the rest head on".

Yeah, who says he has to be old, anyway? He went into exile immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith.

[stuff]

It also doesn't take much to understand that such sequences are extremely common in games, that the way the boss is brought down at the end is hardly similar at all, that it could be an unlucky (or lucky, depending upon how you look at it) coincidence, or that it doesn't matter even if it is a ripoff because these things happen with games all the time (God of War button triggers, anyone?). Not to mention that your rant was extremely out of place in this thread. I have no idea what it has to do with the new DLC.

It also doesn't take much to understand that such sequences are extremely common in games, that the way the boss is brought down at the end is hardly similar at all, that it could be an unlucky (or lucky, depending upon how you look at it) coincidence, or that it doesn't matter even if it is a ripoff because these things happen with games all the time (God of War button triggers, anyone?). Not to mention that your rant was extremely out of place in this thread. I have no idea what it has to do with the new DLC.

You don't seem to be getting my point so, screw it... As far as my "rants" concerned i was merely sharing my points with sordid... If you felt you didn't like it, you shouldn't have bought yourself into the conversation anyway.

You take that back right now!!!!! lol

On topic, balancing stealth/fun can be tricky sometimes, i don't like those games with "the alarm has been sounded, game over", that JO level was a pain like that, but i love those, that with some patience and smarts you can thin their numbers and make things easier for you and then you can, maybe, decide "i'll take the rest head on".

I will not! :D Maybe it's the prequels' fault, but both Obi Wan and Yoda now look like such lying, manipulative bastards that I honestly don't want to see them ever again.

I blame Lucas.

And yeah, that's pretty much the way I imagined it. JO was an action game, the stealth element was just a one-off and therefore poorly done. I'd like to see something like The Saboteur. Very open, free-roaming environments with NPCs and enemies, vehicles, some building climbing and free running, and some combat. What I absolutely love about that game is that you can't win a fight. It's very much like GTA in that respect, the best you can hope for is to hold off the enemy for a while, but as the alarm level increases you will eventually be overwhelmed. Combat is there only to enable you to take out a few enemies that present an immediate obstacle, then vanish again into stealth mode. I think that would convey the hopelessness of the Rebels' cause in the face of overwhelming Imperial military might very nicely, much like The Saboteur does for the French resitance versus the Nazi occupation. Notbaly, in The Saboteur you can't 'win' in that respect either. The best you can do is make the situation a bit better for the people, but at the end the Nazis are still in power.

Yeah, who says he has to be old, anyway? He went into exile immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Yeah, but if there's to be any meaningful interaction with Luke, as the other guy suggested, then it's going to have to be set a few years later. Babysitting a toddler does not a good game make. :D

I will not! :D Maybe it's the prequels' fault, but both Obi Wan and Yoda now look like such lying, manipulative bastards that I honestly don't want to see them ever again.

I blame Lucas.

And yeah, that's pretty much the way I imagined it. JO was an action game, the stealth element was just a one-off and therefore poorly done.

Agreed on the first part.

On the JO thing. I must disagree that level was fun, I don't think it was done poorly in any way.

Gamespot has the first trailer for the Endor DLC> http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/starwarstheforceunleashed2/video/6284717?tag=topslot%3Bthumb%3B5

This looks very cool, makes me even more excited to buy it.

Complaint about what I saw in the trailer (SPOILER)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I did not like seeing Leia wielding a lightsaber against Starkiller. I know the story is an Infinities style story line but why Leia? I don't see how it would fit. Although it looked like she was wielding Luke's ROTJ saber hilt, so I assume Luke will be in here will be an easy kill and Leia will step up to the plate to avenge her fallen brother. If true then they just ruined a big part of the DLC.

Neat idea for a DLC but since I was disappointed by the gameplay in the first game, I think I will pass on the Force Unleashed II until it is A LOT cheaper. I do like the storyline for the Force Unleashed saga but damn the gameplay is not the same. :( While I love force punting little furry aliens I am going wait on it.

Wow.... THe trailer made me not want the dlc.... Starkiller looks so laughable... THe costume and his face, all of it... The sith face texture is hilarious... Looks more like a black panther now.. Kotor's dark side transitions look wayyyy better than this...

Complaint about what I saw in the trailer (SPOILER)

Show spoiler
I did not like seeing Leia wielding a lightsaber against Starkiller. I know the story is an Infinities style story line but why Leia? I don't see how it would fit. Although it looked like she was wielding Luke's ROTJ saber hilt, so I assume Luke will be in here will be an easy kill and Leia will step up to the plate to avenge her fallen brother. If true then they just ruined a big part of the DLC.

Agreed. This isn't like the first game's DLC where the events of the entire original Trilogy are drastically altered because Darth Starkiller replaces Darth Vader. With the dark side ending to TFU2, I would imagine that the events of the Trilogy would have played out pretty much the same, with the exception that Vader still has his secret apprentice. Maybe having such a powerful character working behind the scenes would make things different, I don't know, but I definitely think that those differences would not have been all that dramatic, especially where the main characters are concerned.

Now, it is worth noting that Leia does battle Darth Vader using Luke's lightsaber in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which takes place between Episodes IV and V and is canon; however, both Luke and Leia were under the influence of the Kaiburr Crystal at that time, which honed their connections to the Force and made them more powerful than they would have otherwise been at that point.

Other than that, I think the trailer was fairly cool. My only gripe is the whole battling Ewoks thing, but I never liked the Ewoks to begin with. They ruined three fifths of an otherwise good movie.

On the other hand, it might be fairly satisfying to mow them down . . .

Agreed. This isn't like the first game's DLC where the events of the entire original Trilogy are drastically altered because Darth Starkiller replaces Darth Vader. With the dark side ending to TFU2, I would imagine that the events of the Trilogy would have played out pretty much the same, with the exception that Vader still has his secret apprentice. Maybe having such a powerful character working behind the scenes would make things different, I don't know, but I definitely think that those differences would not have been all that dramatic, especially where the main characters are concerned.

Now, it is worth noting that Leia does battle Darth Vader using Luke's lightsaber in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, which takes place between Episodes IV and V and is canon; however, both Luke and Leia were under the influence of the Kaiburr Crystal at that time, which honed their connections to the Force and made them more powerful than they would have otherwise been at that point.

Show spoiler
I too agree, the events leading up to The Battle of Endor would be the same as in the movies unless the DLC states otherwise.

I do know of that story as well but since Leia had no prior training before that event and that it was 2 standard years before TBoE, with no training during those 2 years, I still don't see her able to wield a lightsaber.

Other than that, I think the trailer was fairly cool. My only gripe is the whole battling Ewoks thing, but I never liked the Ewoks to begin with. They ruined three fifths of an otherwise good movie.

On the other hand, it might be fairly satisfying to mow them down . . .

Oh come on, how can you not like those cuddly little fur balls!

It looks like PS2... his outfit looks like a poor copy of Assassins Creed, and the Story is nothing new regarding Leia as a the Last Jedi, just check Star Wars: Infinities.

Its too little too late TBH, I honestly think TFU II is the worst Star Wars game since super Bombad Racing, and DLC wont help it IMO.

Agreed on the first part.

On the JO thing. I must disagree that level was fun, I don't think it was done poorly in any way.

I loved that level... Replayed it countless times... Sneaking up behind some one and then force choking them or slicing their head off was amazing... Till date JO's been the only game that made me feel like a real jedi from the movies...

I loved that level... Replayed it countless times... Sneaking up behind some one and then force choking them or slicing their head off was amazing... Till date JO's been the only game that made me feel like a real jedi from the movies...

I agree with you that JO was awesome, and still is the best jedi game ever, but that level... i don't know, it was kinda frustrating.

As Sordid said, JO didn't have "proper" stealth mechanics, so it felt tacked on imo.

Yeah, try it on Jedi Master difficulty. It's hard as hell trying to keep all of the Imperials away from that switch in the huge cargo bay.

I also love Jedi Outcast. I think it had the best story out of the entire series. Still, the first Jedi Knight has always been and will always be my favorite Star Wars game for nostalgic reasons.

Archived