Home

Adding additional party members

storm-rider

hi,

no, unfortunately there isn't. it is hardcoded into the game to only have the 9 (kotor) or 10ish (kotor 2) party member slots. and it is hardcoded to only allow you to take Revan/the Exile and up to two others with you. it's unfortunate since both games saw cool new custom party members, especially the first game, but you had to replace a default one to get them.

Well, there are always some ways to avoid the obstacles. I was thinking, since in Bos: sr, there is the moment when you have kobayashi on you're team, so that means there is a script to add a character to your party. So logically there could be an item like the warper band etc, or something like this used to include a custom character in your team, without having him in the actual party members screen, without replacing anyone.

The only thing is that you should choice him to be in your party with a custom item, and not the party member selection screen. And people could mess up their game using it when you "need" some particularly party members, but that would be the responsability of the people using the mod, like the "choke anybody" etc...

Well using an item, if I understand you correctly, wouldn't be too user friendly. It would work but you would have to reset what additional party members you want with you every time you enter a new module. KOTOR doesn't have the functions to make puppets like Bao-Dur's remote.

But there are ways of getting around this. Juhani is definately the easiest person to kick out of the team because the game is made so that she can be recruited or killed. T3 would be the next easiest person because all you have to do it redo the Taris plot slightly so that you can get inside the Sith Base. The reason why some of the other party members won't work too well is because a lot of them have roles to play on the Leviathan, the Unknown Planet, and the Star Forge.

But there are scripts to make a new companion and a nice tutorial located in the general tutorial section of Holowan labs.

Well, it's been a long time that I played Bos:sr, but It seems to me that kobayashi stayed on the party even after changing of module. And the script to put him into the party didn't removed anyone. So use an Item to trigger a script like this could help to add new companions, without removing the old ones.

And we're talking about extra party members, the characters, not a extra member to the party etc... (I know he also asked for that, but that's not the ask I answered), juste the fact to recruit more people etc...

But maybe I remember wrong, if that's the case, sorry °°

Well, than the item script could do a temporarily replacement of one of the party member, having the choice to replace two different members, to not make a party member unavailable at the same time as the custom party member.

Since kobayashi replaced a still available party member, it should work in theory.

• 2 years later...
Pretty much what the title says. is there any way to add additional party members without having to get rid of someone?

Also is there any way to take more than 3 people with you when you leave the ship?

Is there any way this can be done, if so how?

Fortunately, there IS a way to take more than 3 people with you when you leave the ship. If you can make some "fake" puppets, you'll have more characters following you around and fighting by your side. You can't take control of those characters, however; the computer will always control them.

If you want to learn more about this, check this out, it might help:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207484

• 2 months later...

So for this, would there be a way to bypass it using a computer panel in the Ebon Hawk switching between more than one of those party screen selection things (so in example, you have your original with atton, bao-dur, mandalore, Handmaiden/desciple, kreia, visas, Hk-47, Mira/hanharr, Goto, t3-m4. then either go to it and pick what player you would want to replace, say Kreia to Dumdum and then vise versa when you want to use kreia again. or just switch to a new page with all new characters)

OR

Have it so when you don't highlight a crew member on the selection screen you click the add/remove button to flip between pages, then all you'd need to do is make it so you can have it so you don't have to highlight a player, is that possible at all?

I'm new and i also have a question i just thought of while typing this, is it possible to make it so you have random npc's on the ship that you can talk to (such as a trader you pick up somewhere or an engineer[pointless in these games, but what ev's] who increases efficiency of the Ebon hawk or improves the weapons or something, random drifters, refugees and stuff, like just to have people who you can drop of on any planet or who will leave your ship at some random time, to make the ship feel more like a living command center/Living space. With that idea, an expansion idea to it comes to mind comes to mind where you ferry some people to establish small shops or colonies (such as on Korriban) and extra quests for geeda or ondorin (to evil one) to ferry them to actually make connections for their shop in person, then set them back down on nar shadaa.

P.S.Q. Is it possible to add planets to the galaxy map and planets to either game?

Archived