Home

The cave of evil

thelazygent

I don't think they represented anything. TFU2's story is too shallow for that. I think the writers' reasoning went the other way around: We need to shoehorn an encounter with Yoda into the story, therefore Starkiller needs to visit Dagobah, therefore we need to come up with something for him to experience in the cave. And since the story involves cloning, the most obvious thing to put there was a bunch of clones.

Hey, it ain't my fault that the story sucks hairy monkey balls. And it ain't my fault either if 'everyone' ends up arguing. How can I be blamed for what others do? I'm just expressing my opinion to other people who know and care about the game, isn't that what the forums are for?

Whiiiiiiiiiiich has nothing to do with the thread.

Actually it does. Accepting the premise that visions in the cave are to effect a profound change in the individual experiencing them, as Yoda hints, your explanation makes no sense. Starkiller clearly doesn't give a toss about the clones. Not even within the cave itself, after his initial surprised reaction he proceeds to casually swat them out of his way with the back of his hand without so much as giving them a second look.

Hey, it ain't my fault that the story sucks hairy monkey balls.

My only problem is that you feel the need to tell us three times in the same thread. Because of that, I think that we should consider it your responsibility, even if that is technically untrue.

maybe it showed the vision what he fear the most

I don't think he fears the fact of being a clone, because he believes himself to be. And from the heated discussion between him and Kota in the rogue shadow, he seemed pretty sure of the fact.

I don't think they represented anything. TFU2's story is too shallow for that. I think the writers' reasoning went the other way around: We need to shoehorn an encounter with Yoda into the story, therefore Starkiller needs to visit Dagobah, therefore we need to come up with something for him to experience in the cave. And since the story involves cloning, the most obvious thing to put there was a bunch of clones.

I agree with Sordid Dreams. The storyline lacks realism and Dagobah had really nothing to do with Starkiller and was pointless since we learned nothing about who he really is!

They represent all the other clones. They're asking for help because it sucks to be them.

Ha, ha, that made me laugh :p

So according to Sordid Dreams, this thread is for discussing a "shallow" story? ^^

Yeah. Whatever he says he sees as absolute and he can't be wrong. He comes and just talks about how bad the story is in his mind and basically starts an argument about it with one side giving points supporting the story and his side against it. I mean, I guess that's what these forums are for, from a certain point of view as Obi-Wan would say, but I just don't see the fun in debating about the same thing over several different threads.

If that's true then books and their movie counterparts should be equally good without one being better than the other

Um... yeah? I though that goes without saying. Obviously a book is going to have a more fleshed out story than a videogame, but even the videogame version should should be a complete story that can stand and make sense on its own. It shouldn't have important bits missing, which TFU2 does have (apparently).

That's what the promo materials said, but was it really? Starkiller doesn't seem to question being a clone, he insists to Kota that he is a clone both before and after the vision. Not only are no answers ever found, Starkiller doesn't even ask the question. He doesn't ask Vader or anybody else, he doesn't try to look for evidence. In the end he doesn't even care. Which would've been significant character development if he had unsuccessfully tried to find out, but he hadn't. I'm really struggling with figuring out just what it was about. TFU1 was easy. A bad guy pretends to be a good guy and actually becomes one in the process, you are what you do, that sort of thing. TFU2... can't really say.

Archived