Home

Who is still playing?

Xirion

Really?

I havent seen it on our server, not as much as we saw pre TOR announcement.

Even DMUK is working on a new TOR site rather then running this one :p

Over the last few months you can see many old players returning. Check the official forums.

I won't play TOR because I'm not interested in that era, but I'm very curious about what will happen to SWG...

I quit playing about a year ago. From what I understand, they've been offering bonuses to old players who reactivate their accounts. We'll see how the game survives when TOR comes out. Personally, I believe that it will endure just because it is in a different era.

I quit playing about a year ago. From what I understand, they've been offering bonuses to old players who reactivate their accounts. We'll see how the game survives when TOR comes out. Personally, I believe that it will endure just because it is in a different era.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head, but also as the article points out the plot is different, too. The Old Republic has a storyline that will engulf most of your gameplay. Star Wars Galaxies has a "storyline" called Legacy that ends at level 55, now with the new missions on Corellia, but after that. You're on your own. The game turns into a "What do you feel like doing today?" game. The Old Republic is much more serious in the Role-playing area, and thus may turn some people off.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head, but also as the article points out the plot is different, too. The Old Republic has a storyline that will engulf most of your gameplay. Star Wars Galaxies has a "storyline" called Legacy that ends at level 55, now with the new missions on Corellia, but after that. You're on your own. The game turns into a "What do you feel like doing today?" game. The Old Republic is much more serious in the Role-playing area, and thus may turn some people off.

Haha I remember Legacy. I'm one of those people who got bored after the main storyline, which is a shame because the game had so much potential. The expansions kept the game going, but my guess is they weren't making enough money off of them to continue producing them.

However, I don't see myself buying TOR. As much as I loved KOTOR and TSL, setting it 300 years after those events creates a new time period that I'm not interested in.

Bingo! You hit the nail on the head, but also as the article points out the plot is different, too.

That's one of the main differences between SWG and TOR. But the question is, how many SWG players will move to TOR? What impact will TOR make on SWG? There are people who simply don't care about the timeline of the game. Many will change because it's Star Wars and it's new. I really wan't SWG to survive, but we must wait and see how much TOR will affect it.

Archived