Home

Revan's Robes Without The Mask

RyanFialcowitz

I'm looking for a mod that will alter Revan's Robes so I get the hood but not the mask. As shown here:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/89911/1

The mod that screenshot came from doesn't seem to remove the mask. Anyone know of a mod that does?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

EDIT

This page details how to correct the maskless versions of Revan's Robes, used in one of the game's cutscenes, not showing the player's face.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=138411&highlight=N_DarthRevan

Then all you have to do is add Unique_Darth_Revan_Male(Or Female.)_CUTSCN as a Disguise to an item and equip it. Works wonders.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Nope, bad idea, because if you disguise you won't have your head, What you have to do is replace some armor with the model, so for example change de revan's armor from the star forge which have the model pmbj to the model of the cutscene_Revan_(male or female, respectively), it need 2da editing. I don't remember if there is a mod speacially for that, but Bos: sr do it.

Nope, bad idea, because if you disguise you won't have your head, What you have to do is replace some armor with the model, so for example change de revan's armor from the star forge which have the model pmbj to the model of the cutscene_Revan_(male or female, respectively), it need 2da editing. I don't remember if there is a mod speacially for that, but Bos: sr do it.

Spot on.

I have the models from the mod I linked to in my first post, but no textures. I want to base my army on the Star Forge Robes. I can make the item itself alright and get it into the game but how do I get it to us my models and not those of the Star Forge Robes?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=148638

Here is a tutoriel, it's for TSL, but it's the same for K1 with less content.

And to make it simple you have to open appearance2.da Look to the player's appearance rows (P_FEM/MAL_(letter)_LRG/MED/SML_(number)) And in those row you have a column "modelj" in these column you have "pmbj" it's the star forge robes model, you just have to replace it with the unmasked revan's model male or female. (for all the player's appearance, and the party members if you want.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=148638

Here is a tutoriel, it's for TSL, but it's the same for K1 with less content.

And to make it simple you have to open appearance2.da Look to the player's appearance rows (P_FEM/MAL_(letter)_LRG/MED/SML_(number)) And in those row you have a column "modelj" in these column you have "pmbj" it's the star forge robes model, you just have to replace it with the unmasked revan's model male or female. (for all the player's appearance, and the party members if you want.

That would replace the Star Forge Robes. I have made an original item based on them but I do want to replace them. I need to know how to get my new item to use the new models & textures. Obviously, there is some kind of naming scheme for the items and models/textures that escapes me and that is what I need help with.

EDIT

To be totally clear I want to make a brand new item that gives you the maskless Revan's Robe appearence. It would nice to base it on Revans_Armor like the ordinary Revan & Star Forge robes you get on the Star Forge - but I'll take whatever method is easiest. I have N_DarthRevan.mdlm N_DarthRevan.mdx, N_DarthRevanM.mdl, M_DarthRevanM.mdx, N_DarthRevanF.mdl & N_DarthRevan.mdx. I need to somehow get the completely new item I've made to recognize that these are it's models & textures. Do, I need to make a new enty in appearence.2da or baseitems.2da or both?

FURTHER EDIT

This mod seems to add new items with new models & textures without involving appearence.2da - still can't figure it out though.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Male_Hoods;75995

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Because these are masks, the maks and the armor don't work the same way.

To your item to recognize your model and texture, it has to be some of the existing armor models, so you have to replace one kind of armor (logically star forge robes).

So an other way easier than appearance.2da, is to just rename your unmasked revan models into "pmbj" and for the textures, if i'm not mistaken it use the star forge robes use the revan's textures, so you have to name it the same way, but with a different number that those of the original robes (so 03 or more) like N_DarthRevan03.tga, then to create your item open with kotor tools the revan robe of the star forge, then you change it into your new item, without touching the body variation, and on the "texture variation" put the number of your texture (in this case 03).

Because these are masks, the maks and the armor don't work the same way.

To your item to recognize your model and texture, it has to be some of the existing armor models, so you have to replace one kind of armor (logically star forge robes).

So an other way easier than appearance.2da, is to just rename your unmasked revan models into "pmbj" and for the textures, if i'm not mistaken it use the star forge robes use the revan's textures, so you have to name it the same way, but with a different number that those of the original robes (so 03 or more) like N_DarthRevan03.tga, then to create your item open with kotor tools the revan robe of the star forge, then you change it into your new item, without touching the body variation, and on the "texture variation" put the number of your texture (in this case 03).

Doesn't work. Renamed N_DarthRevanM.mdl & .mdx to PMBJ.mdl & .mdx and as per your instructions I renamed N_DarthRevan.mdl & .mdx to N_DarthRevan03.mdl & .mdx. Finally, I went in and changed Revan's Robes to texture variation 3 and I ingame I still got the regular robes. Keep in mind I have no textures. . .

EDIT

What if I wanted to as you suggested and replaced the modelj & texj columns of appearance.2da with the new models. I know this works as it's the only thing that's worked. But I was reluctant to replace an existing item. Now, modelj & texj control both Revan's Robes & the Star Forge Robes. So, how can I ONLY alter the Revan's Robes parts. As far as I can tell they all follow the same convention of PMBJ or PFBJ with S, M or L at the end. Which is which?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

By itself, that mod just removes the cape, and edits the model so animations like Force Storm appear correctly. It does have a model for the Male, Female, and Masked, but it lists them as "N_DarthRevan(with an M or F for the obvious)".

If you have the Kotor Tool, then you can use the 2da editor to change the ModelJ and TexJ Column to:

Female lines(91-135): N_DarthRevanF

Male Lines(136-180): N_DarthRevanM

For the TexJ column, for both the Male and Female lines, just list "N_DarthRevan". This way, if you want, you can have multiple textures, only you need to create additional item files(Uti's).

Once that is done, the robes you get on the Star Forge will appear as the Hooded, Maskless model, and not the model you get in the original.

By itself, that mod just removes the cape, and edits the model so animations like Force Storm appear correctly. It does have a model for the Male, Female, and Masked, but it lists them as "N_DarthRevan(with an M or F for the obvious)".

If you have the Kotor Tool, then you can use the 2da editor to change the ModelJ and TexJ Column to:

Female lines(91-135): N_DarthRevanF

Male Lines(136-180): N_DarthRevanM

For the TexJ column, for both the Male and Female lines, just list "N_DarthRevan". This way, if you want, you can have multiple textures, only you need to create additional item files(Uti's).

Once that is done, the robes you get on the Star Forge will appear as the Hooded, Maskless model, and not the model you get in the original.

Right, as stated I know that works - but wouldn't that replace both Revan's Robe and the Star Forge Robes? I'd rather not replace either but if I have to I would prefer, if possible, to only replace Revan's Robes. My understand of those two columns is that they control both. . .

EDIT

Alright, I got it to work. I was thinking of Revan's Robes & the Star Forge Robes as seperate items, which I guess technically they are - but they are essentially retextures of the same item. So, the modelj & texj columns only affect the base item, Revan's Armor. This site presents a much easier solution:

http://forums.filefront.com/sw-kotor2-modding-mapping-editing/384171-revans-robes.html

By renaming N_DarthRevanM.mdl & N_DarthRevanM.mdx both robes will be hooded and maskless - which while it suprised me is just fine.

Thanks all for your help, I'm glad we got it sorted out.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Archived