Home

International Cyberwarfare Begins

IG-64

• 1 month later...
Cool. And refresh my poor memory, what is skynet?

Oh deer God you poor, poor bastard. Your parents never introduced you to the Terminator films? Even my dad who reads the Bible every morning as a daily ritual LOVES the Terminator films. When my mom takes trips, my dad puts on The Terminator DVDs and cranks the surround sound loud enough to shake the house. It pisses my mom off, but I think it's cute! It shows my dad has some interest in something.

As a side note, my Zune is called "Skynet".

• 4 weeks later...
Oh the English, with their having more than 12 months...:¬:

....and their funny ways of spelling, not to mention their unique concepts of cuisine and dentistry... :devsmoke:goes into hiding before leXX can see this

@Groovy---yeah, it's funny to think that people are unfamiliar w/ the whole Skynet thing, w/the Terminator franchise being >25 yrs old already.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't even get me started on your ass backwards system. DAY/MONTH/YEAR. How does anything but chronological order make sense.

It just does. To those born into it. smiley_smug.gif

(And why do I feel like I've had to say this a million times?)

Probably because you have said it a million times.

BTW, what's wrong with an *occasional* burger? Does this not get the terminator approval for international cyber galactic warfare?

....and their funny ways of spelling, not to mention their unique concepts of cuisine and dentistry... :devsmoke:goes into hiding before leXX can see this

@Groovy---yeah, it's funny to think that people are unfamiliar w/ the whole Skynet thing, w/the Terminator franchise being >25 yrs old already.

Also, my PSN name is "Groovinator" as some idiot stole Darth Groovy before I even had a chance.

I also totally supported the very short run of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" before it turned into rubbish by season 2. And while it has some very noticeable flaws, I rather enjoyed Terminator: Salvation

Unless they make a good animated series, or at very least a video game that doesn't suck, I would say this franchise has worn out it's welcome.

Cool. And refresh my poor memory, what is skynet?

I think we are being pricks. None of us actually answered your question.

The first Terminator movie takes place in Los Angeles 1984. In the future, machines take over, and mankind is hunted down to near oblivion. Skynet is the defense computer created by man to strategically calculate war scenarios and react accordingly. According to the movie timeline, on 28/8/97 Skynet becomes "self aware" and declares mankind as the actual threat, thus triggering the apocalypse. Skynet sends a terminator, a cyborg, flesh and blood on the outside, and full armored robot on the inside (played by Arnold, the movie that made his career) back to 1984, to kill Sarah Connor, who happens to be the mother of the leader of the human resistance John Connor. The resistance sends back a single soldier, Kyle Reese, to protect Sarah Connor from the terminator. The rest is film history. Hope that helps.

Archived