Home

[TSL] Why did the Exile return to known space?

Sith Holocron

TSL players know that the Exile (referred to here as "she") was on board the Harbinger, and eventually was rescued by Kreia. I'd like to know why she was on board the Harbinger in the first place. I don't recall any details in the game that explain why she returned from her Exile. Granted, it's been a little bit since I've played it. Was it of her own accord? Did the Republic go and find her? I'd love to hear what you think - and if you can back it up with materials from the game or other sources, so much the better.

I think Atris told the exile during their confrontation at the end that she arranged it. I forget her reason. Maybe to draw the Sith out? That was the popular thing to do in TSL. I don't remember how she arranged it, if that was ever mentioned in the game.

• 1 month later...

Hi Sith Holocron,

Atris to the Exile during the return to the Polar Academy :

107799 :

These Sith are cowards, striking from the shadows to kill Jedi. I needed a target to draw them out - but I could not risk my own life, all that remained of the Jedi.

107800 :

So I arranged for you to return to the Republic, leaked information of your past, and then waited for the Sith to come. And they did.

Module 262TEL

File 262TEL_dlg.erf

Dialog atrend3.dlg

If TSLRCM installed

Module 262TEL

File 262TEL.mod

Dialog atrend3.dlg

In a conversation with HK-50 in Peragus :

Module 103PER

File 103PER_DLG.erf

Dialog hk50.dlg

Exile

How did they find out I was a Jedi?

HK-50

Surprised Answer: Why, I told them, master. You are the exiled Jedi who served with Revan in the Mandalorian Wars, are you not?

I hope all that has happened has not been the result of a miscommunication. If so, then the problem lies with the coreward databases, which are notoriously spotty.

Exile

That information wouldn't have been in coreward databases... only in Jedi archives.

TTLan

EDIT: oh yeah nevermind, you already said that.

ya know, Kreia does say the Harbinger was on it's way to Telos to help in recovery efforts there, so if the Harbinger was going there maybe the Exile was doing the same? But then why would she act suprised when she learns this fact?

idk.

TSL players know that the Exile (referred to here as "she") was on board the Harbinger, and eventually was rescued by Kreia. I'd like to know why she was on board the Harbinger in the first place. I don't recall any details in the game that explain why she returned from her Exile. Granted, it's been a little bit since I've played it. Was it of her own accord? Did the Republic go and find her? I'd love to hear what you think - and if you can back it up with materials from the game or other sources, so much the better.

Because if she hadn't been, there wouldn't have been a TSL. :carms:

Because if she hadn't been' date=' there wouldn't have been a TSL. :carms:[/quote']

What a spammerific answer!

The bit that Atris was the one that put it on the news all over the galaxy to lure the Sith out of hiding is true. As to why the Exile came back...

What does Carth says again in the final dialog? Before you depart to Malachor?

Ctrl Alt Del, I'm sorry about the delay to answering your question. I was going to quote several lines of dialogue but it seems so much easier to post the following . . .

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
. . . a link to Shem's excellent video of the same scene.

As you have seen and heard, he hardly discusses the Exile's situation at all.

Honestly, I personally believe that it was "Kreia" (I put her name in quotes because she's Darth Traya as you know, rather than simply Kreia). Kreia was a manipulative woman who used the Exile for her own reasons... trying to kill the Force. Had the Exile been unable to return to known space, Kreia would never have been able to manipulate her... she would have been unable to see that the Exile had survived for an extended period of time of severing her own bond to the Force. Not only that, but she could have put it in Atris' head that it was Atris who wanted the Exile to return, even though it wasn't truely. The holocrons in her study corrupted her through the teachings of Traya.

I thought it was pretty obvious that in the end, it was Atris who lured the Exile back to known space. It fits with her story, in that she became obsessed with finding these hidden Sith to save the Jedi, that she fell to the dark side herself and practically destroyed the Jedi. Luring out the Sith by leaking the location of the Jedi Conclave at Katarr proved she was capable and willing to do anything to lure out the Sith.

As for what she used to lure the Exile (i.e. why the Exile came back), is unknown, I guess. I vaguely remember someone asking the Exile why she returned to known space, at which point you get a few dialog lines to explain. I don't know who or where, though.

• 1 year later...
The ship was en route to Onderon to deal with the unrest on that world when it was ordered by Admiral Carth Onasi to divert its course to the Outer Rim. Admiral Onasi gave the mission highest priority, and though the captain had doubts about it, Harbinger soon picked up a passenger—the Jedi Exile, recently returned from outside Republic space. With its new passenger aboard, the Harbinger then set a course for Telos, intending to reach the world within ten days. It was meant to aid in the recovery effort on that world

Carth Onasi wanted to talk to the Exile about Revan, so he asked the captain to bring the Exile to Telos but then it encountered The Ebon Hawk which was sending distress signals and claimed to be attacked by a Sith Warship and you know the rest.

Atris took the Exile's return as an opportunity and spread the news of the Exile's return in order to lure out the Sith.

But I don't understand why the Sith Warship attacked The Ebon Hawk in the first place.

(Atris was a schutta, it was her plan to hold a Jedi meeting on Katarr, so the devastation of Katarr was HER FAULT. And she blamed the Exile for the destruction of Peragus. What a hypocrite. Typical Jedi.)

But didn't

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
T3-M4 find the Exile? According to the TOR canon, T3 couldn't find Bastila, so he found the next best thing: the Exile who had a history with Revan.

Even so, IMO this was a flaw in TSL - nothing was built on either concept

(1. Atris orchestrated the Exile's return... How exactly?)

(2. T3 found the Exile... Where exactly? How exactly?)

Even so, IMO this was a flaw in TSL - nothing was built on either concept

(1. Atris orchestrated the Exile's return... How exactly?)

(2. T3 found the Exile... Where exactly? How exactly?)

1. She publicized the Exile's return to known space and spread news about it in an attempt to draw out the Sith.

2. T3-M4 and Kreia TOGETHER found the Exile

But I don't understand why the Sith Warship attacked the Ebon Hawk in the first place?

I was going to chime in but others have already pointed to what I was going to say.

IIRC (have not played in awhile) Atris revealed in a dismissive "Oh yeah that" sort of way after you either meet her for the first time or after you kicked her ass, or just before. Something on the order of "How did they know that I was a Jedi" "Oh yeah, I leaked it lolz. I needed to draw out the sith." I wish she looked as good in the game as she did in illustrations. Sure there are mods to improve it but it still looks kind of...off...

Now as to why Meetra would have been on her way back into the galaxy in the first place...that isn't explicitly covered in the Revan novel nor TSL, so it's left to your best guess.

Personally I'd say she was wandering about as an exile does, but had to make rounds out of rural space and back into civilization ...sort of like how one living out in a rural area has to go into town or a nearby city on occasion for various reasons. The information on her had to have been leaked for some time prior. It would certainly explain why she suddenly met adversaries and battle the moment she came back into republic space.

Take that for what you will, it's just my opinion of inference basd on circumstances and what actually happened.

Now as to why Meetra would have been on her way back into the galaxy in the first place

Carth Onasi called her back to Telos in order to find out more about Revan.

Atris acts as if she didn't have anything to do with the return of the Exile. SHE was the one who publicized the return of the Exile into known space in order to draw out the Sith. But when we tell her that we encountered the Sith she acts as if she doesn't know anything because if she would have admitted it, the destruction of Peragus would be HER FAULT.

Carth Onasi called her back to Telos in order to find out more about Revan.

Atris acts as if she didn't have anything to do with the return of the Exile. SHE was the one who publicized the return of the Exile into known space in order to draw out the Sith. But when we tell her that we encountered the Sith she acts as if she doesn't know anything because if she would have admitted it, the destruction of Peragus would be HER FAULT.

I wouldn't say that Peragus could be considered her fault, mostly because I doubt that she would've been counting on the Exile even going to Peragus. Truthfully, while it is true that the Exile can be responsible for it, the problem with that station is that it lacks personnel, and while it could certainly be restaffed, that would take some time. Even in the instance that the Exile chooses not to destroy it, it obviously still happens, but it can't really be pinned in the Exile. Either way, it is interesting that most blame the exist for it, purely because of circumstantial evidence. And it is because of this that most in the galaxy think the Exile had something to do with it. Especially G0-T0, who, while he might've heard something from the HK-50 aboard the Harbinger(though it would've only been from before it left the ship), still goes on the accepted view that the Exile is to blame. What about any other ship that would've come from that direction, before the Exile arrived? Maybe some were, but none that are mentioned in-game.

I wouldn't say that Peragus could be considered her fault

You mean just like the devastation of Katarr couldn't be considered her fault because she didn't count on Nihilius to screw the whole planet up? She's a hypocrite, simple.

She blames the Exile as soon as she comes to know that she's been on Peragus. And she acts surprised that the Sith have revealed themselves, thus trying to hide the fact that SHE was the one who made the Sith reveal themselves.

I think Atris didn't care whether the Exile lived or died. She publicized the news of the Exile's return knowing very well that this would put the Exile's life in danger.

You mean just like the devastation of Katarr couldn't be considered her fault because she didn't count on Nihilius to screw the whole planet up? She's a hypocrite, simple.

Actually, yeah, just like that. The whole point of Katarr was to try and kill Nihilus.

• 11 months later...

Archived