Home

Cowboys and Aliens

mimartin

Just goofing around on IMDb today and I came across Cowboys and Aliens. At first I thought it was going to be something kiddy like Aliens in the Attic. First I saw Olivia Wilde, and thought Thirteen, I’ll go see that. Then I saw Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford and I am sold. Grew up a big fan of the western, then when Star Wars came out I was sold on the fantasy/scifi, not I get the best of both worlds.

cowboys-aliens-poster-1.jpg

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Thoughts?

Cowboys versus aliens premise? Don't think I've ever seen those two together, might be an welcome addition to the weathered alien invasion plot movies and... cowboys movies? I don't dare say western spaghetti since it's obviouslt not. There are just cowboys in it.

Still, some great names there: Favreau, Spielberg and... crappy visual effects? I'm not one to bitch on the visuals but, damn, the spaceships bombing the town at 1:30 was just poorly done by today standards. I saw the same technique (or at least very similar) being done over and over again on Independece Day. And, God, do I see a rope pulling the cowboy at 1:33?

Caught the preview when I took my son to see the new Harry Potter movie (my first, his 27th or however many there've been)
Welcome to my world. Seen them all with my cousins. I would set through them a hundred more times if it meant not having to watch movies like The Tooth Fairy and Hannah Montana again.

I was sold at "Jon Faverau". Aside from Elf, I don't think I've been disappointed with anything he's done.
Blasphemer, I shall not listen to someone badmouth Elf in my presents and so close to Christmas at that.:xp:

Archived