Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

I know that some people consider Mass Effect 2 to be too much of a shooter... but I actually like the improvements made to how the weapons actually felt when you compare the first game to the second.

In the first game they felt plastic and fake, like really old school sci-fi movies before Star Wars. In ME2 on the other hand, the weapons all had weight and you could sens the kickback and their power when you fired them. I like it when stuff like that feels more "real"...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mass Effect 1 was a terrible game.

lol

Elevators were infinitely better than static loading screens.

I completely agree, I much preferred listening to the funny conversations and news rather than watching a boring loading screen. They only changed it because of the amount of complaints people had about them, but I personally never had a problem with them.

Mass Effect 1 was a terrible game.

HA...what exactly didn't you like?

the exciting storyline?

the emphasis less on "good vs evil" and more on attitudes?

the engaging characters, even the ones like samesh bhatia, that made you laugh?

the fact that Mass Effect is basically KotOR meets Halo?

I admit it had flaws (elevators, excessive quantity of weapons, the fact that the weapons each have two models and they're differently colored versions of those different weapon models)

But the game was amazing, and redefined the RPG genre, much like the Baldur's Gate series. BioWare is a RPG powerhouse.

Successful_troll2.jpg

I know that some people consider Mass Effect 2 to be too much of a shooter... but I actually like the improvements made to how the weapons actually felt when you compare the first game to the second.

Well, I agree the fighting with guns was improved; what I dislike is the option to tweak and tune all your equipment. It was cumbersome and very annoying in ME1, but that was more due to an idiotic inventory system.

I'dd just love to install small upgrades on weapons and armour. It's a big part of the RPG experience IMO. They sort of just tossed that all out. And gave you "upgrades" on a console in your ship and that just pumped up all weapons >_>

On the other hand, you didn't have a cluttered inventory, cause every goon in the galaxy carried a boat load of upgrades and worthless guns. Still, I hope they could find a balance in it. So I can "pimp" my squads gear to my own liking, but with a good inventory gui and no overabundance of items on the enemy.

Ah, well, I'm sure they won't return to that.

There's a pun there which I feel would be ungentlemanly to point out.

Personally, I found that Mass Effect wasn't all that captivating. The second, though stripped of RPG mechanics further even than the first, was a much more enjoyable experience, though.

HA...what exactly didn't you like?

the exciting storyline?

the engaging characters, even the ones like samesh bhatia, that made you laugh?

the fact that Mass Effect is basically KotOR meets Halo?

I admit it had flaws (elevators, excessive quantity of weapons, the fact that the weapons each have two models and they're differently colored versions of those different weapon models)

But the game was amazing, and redefined the RPG genre, much like the Baldur's Gate series. BioWare is a RPG powerhouse.

Dude, no.

ME1 was a letdown for me, actually.

I spent my time look at Tali's ass by swivelling the camera in the elevator.... to pass the time.

²

VGA Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNLjwYaXHLE

I literally just cried happy tears.

Holy crap! I'm gone for... what... like, 5 days and this is what happens. Well, vacation's over now, so Bioware better watch out. :shades2:

As for the trailer - after reading all those "Perhaps the Reaper fleet will attack Earth" posts in all those ME3 speculation threads at Bioware's forums, I'm really not thrilled that the writers couldn't have thought of anything better than a forum thread suggestion. It somehow reminds me of TFU2's "he's a clone" story idea. I do like the idea of visiting Earth in ME3, I just hope the visit won't be restricted to the final showdown.

On a final note, while writing this post I remembered the "Unless Shepard brings help" line from the trailer and I hope they don't plan to recycle the plot of Dragon Age: Origins for this game. Personally, I'd prefer Shepard exploring the far reaches of the galaxy - Prothean colonies, or worlds of other races previously destroyed by the Reapers, perhaps even the world from which the Reapers originated - in order to discover a usable weakness, or an anti-Reaper weapon prototype, or something, rather than gathering an army/fleet.

Just my two cents of speculation. :)

people disagree with me, and thats their right. but I still think that Joker will die in Mass Effect 3. it happens in a lot of games. the widely popular comical character is killed and it spurs the hero on to destroy the evil yada yada yada. Mass Effect 1...you blew them up with a nuke (kaiden or ashley) mass effect 2 well anyone that died in the suicide mission and/or the crew of the Normandy 2...the point is that's just what I think. I could see Captain Anderson as another potential "won't survive" for the third game. not many people (aside from enemies) have died in these games--i think that will change in the third one. I don't want Joker to die, but I think he will die.

Not all that excited, really. ME2 was indeed better (story-wise) than ME1. but that huge chunk of human-like metal at the end made me go LOL. :p

A curious thought occurred to me when I saw *that* "masterpiece". Well, it seems to me that when the Reapers were deciding on what kind of a machine to build, human movies from the 20th century era were their main source of inspiration. Their favorite movies, by far, were the Godzilla and The Terminator series. In them, they saw people scared and running for their lives. Many were killed, but at the end, the humans always prevailed. They obviously didn't like this, and thought the reason lies in the fact that neither Godzilla nor The Terminator were perfect in their constructions. Godzilla was big and strong, but still organic (a big minus for them, I reckon); and whilst The Terminator was a machine, it was way too small. So, they came up with this brilliant plan of combining the two together, and the result was...

The Giant Terminator, of course. :xp:

Still love Mordin and Legion, though. :D They were pretty awesome.

@ Prime: I'd rage if MP was dlc you had to pay for...

I know that sounds stupid since I've said I don't really care that much about the multiplayer. But I HATE incomplete games and DLC that "completes" that game. I ****ing HATE IT! When I buy a game, I don't want to have to miss out on **** just because I didn't get the most premium version available and certainly not because they're trying to get me to dish out MORE money just to complete the damn things! :carms: Even if I never play the MP section, I want it there on the disc as I damn paid for it in the first place dammit.

@ Prime: I'd rage if MP was dlc you had to pay for...

I know that sounds stupid since I've said I don't really care that much about the multiplayer. But I HATE incomplete games and DLC that "completes" that game. I ****ing HATE IT! When I buy a game, I don't want to have to miss out on **** just because I didn't get the most premium version available and certainly not because they're trying to get me to dish out MORE money just to complete the damn things! :carms: Even if I never play the MP section, I want it there on the disc as I damn paid for it in the first place dammit.

That's Mass Effect since the dawn of its time.

I spent my time look at Tali's ass by swivelling the camera in the elevator.... to pass the time.

So did I, and thats the reason i was disappointed when i found out that they had been removed in ME2.

Im also kinda afraid that Joker may die.. That would break my heart.

So... you're not cutting off your nose to spite your face? :p

Well if the dlc for ME and ME2 were 100% required then I wouldn't be the only one complaining about it.

I have a tonne of other games to buy and I can't be spending so much money on dlc that I'll end up not being able to buy a full brand new game because of it. I mean... if I were super rich I'd buy all the DLC for every game I have, but I'm not.

Mass Effect 2 was complete...if you want a game that came incomplete, I'd direct you to Assassin's Creed II, which came with two "Memory Sequences" missing which you had to buy separately if you wanted them.

Also the new DLC for Mass Effect 2 (Lair of the Shadow Broker and the such) are meant to bridge the gap between Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, so again its a complete game they're just selling you the gap filler. for Mass Effect, the DLC didn't add that much to the game. where as Assassin's Creed II, the previously missing (or "corrupt") sequences add new memories and expand the experience. you could get by without any Mass Effect 1 & 2 DLC.

Archived