Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

:( In 170 something years I would hope some of same prejudices today would no longer be apparent. Let me guess they are going to stereotype Ashley further by making her homophobic. They should allow same sex coupling without all the hoopla. Guess they missed FalseNews giving them free publicity with FalseNews “Luke Skywalker meets Debbie Does Dallas” reports.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Reapers are destroying the universe, and we have to listen to one of the crew talk about how much they love their fellow man/bird/whatever?

I think that the issue is not really one of it being inappropriate, many of the greatest works of art have a range and scope of subject matter which on the face of it can seem quite absurd, Dickens's Little Dorrit springs to mind as an example (empire, guilt, love, debt of all sorts, imprisonment, the evils of the state, the inescapable ties of the past, and the nature of narrative).

The problem is that I do not really have the confidence in the ability of BioWare's writing team to tie these things together in any strong or meaningful manner. I have long since suspected that a great many of their creative decisions are carried out according to a check-list of features to be included, their plots and characters glued together from separate parts.

I already have a homosexual Shepard :¬: (well, bisexual but w/e). No need for any hoo-hah about it, though the prospect of Manshep and Kaiden having a heart-to-heart about their long-supressed bromanly feelings for each other does sound fairly fascinating.... :indif:

@minimartin, two explanations: either a) the writing acts as a metaphor for 21st century problems or b) Bioware have an extremely dim view of the human race. or maybe both of the above.

sounds fun. not homaphobic or anything, because I have no issue with it. But i haven't ever played a homosexual character in a game nor would I like to. I TRIED to in DA2 with Anders because I felt maybe it was a good opportunity to get to know my awakening friend more. But I just quit that. Felt weird.

But this might just tempt me.

EDIT: I too, will put forth the same question as leXX. Because, I swear, through 5 playthroughs of ME2, my poor hamster didn't eat once.

The problem is that I do not really have the confidence in the ability of BioWare's writing team to tie these things together in any strong or meaningful manner. I have long since suspected that a great many of their creative decisions are carried out according to a check-list of features to be included, their plots and characters glued together from separate parts.

Yeah, this kind of sounds like a checklist theme to me as well. Also, about as annoying as Shep overhearing a crew member talking about having an abortion and then feeding them the pro-life line or insert any other social causes w/an agenda to be met. Geez, do we get to "accidentally observe" an intimate hetero encounter too? :rolleyes:

note: keep in mind I've had femshep pick Liara over Carth, err..Kaidan, in a few playthroughs. I just suspect Pavlos may be right about them handling it tritely.

Can't find the original post because of how terrible the BioWare forums are, but:

RWCzH.jpg

gf02c.png

Guys, it's photoshopped. Calm down.

Also, I'm glad they're adding new characters for homosexual relationships instead of making previously straight characters suddenly and inexplicably turn bi. I can do without incredibly lazy 'everyone is bi' DA2 style character writing.

• 2 weeks later...

It is funny, the nice combat upgrades is not what I found intriguing about the article. The further confirmation of stuff like Sur’Kesh, Cerberus, Garus and Liara is what peaked my interest. Well that and the thought of what a Krogan princess will look like.

Shepard should be able to romance the Krogan princess if he/she took down the Thresher Maw in ME2. ;)

Archived