Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

Shepard should be able to romance the Krogan princess if he/she took down the Thresher Maw in ME2. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

{Shepherd sidles up to the Krogan Princess}

"Hey there hot stuff! Did you hear how I took out that Thresher Maw?" :naughty:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just seen both the press demo and the extended version on gametrailers' live stream and the first thing that just hurts the eyes is how the game looks no different from ME2. The HUD has been repainted in blue and you have the holographic (WTF?!) knife for melee kills, but in terms of visuals almost no difference from ME2. I was kinda hoping they'd at least ditch that horrible minimalistic ME2 HUD and also make the "ammo" display closer to the one from ME1 - meaning without the numbers and with the heat bar - but so far it seems I won't even be getting that. :(

P.S. They didn't show the end of the "Escape from Earth" cinematic, but I'm willing to bet Anderson won't make it.

Not gonna lie, everything I've seen so far looks amazing. The apparent lack of upsizing RPG elements is bothering me less and less. You're the saviour of the galaxy, gathering all peoples together to fight the oncoming horde or somesuch, the fact that you don't get to choose which particular set of veridium bracers you wear doesn't get to me. The action looks amazing aswell, very fluid, and looks like it could get more tactical than ME2, and ME2 doesn't lack there anyway imo.

And finally... the vistas and environments they've shown off look jaw-droppingly gorgeous :eek: (as does Ashley actually. almost makes me regret choosing Kaiden over her every single time :xp:)

P.S. They didn't show the end of the "Escape from Earth" cinematic, but I'm willing to bet Anderson won't make it.

I hope you're wrong about that :(

Not gonna lie, everything I've seen so far looks amazing. The apparent lack of upsizing RPG elements is bothering me less and less. You're the saviour of the galaxy, gathering all peoples together to fight the oncoming horde or somesuch, the fact that you don't get to choose which particular set of veridium bracers you wear doesn't get to me. The action looks amazing aswell, very fluid, and looks like it could get more tactical than ME2, and ME2 doesn't lack there anyway imo.

It seems strange to me when gamers (and more often than not, games journalists) start talking about how ME2 (and the upcoming ME3) is such a great RPG, and is an example of what the future of the genre should look like. Mass Effect has all the elements of a shooter, so that's what it primarily is. The character build system isn't really any more complex than the class+perk+upgrade system in CoD, which no one calls an RPG. Dialogue choices and branching plot are handled similarly to the way they would be in a Visual Novel.

IMO the Mass Effect series (at the very least from ME2 onward) is not the future of the RPG genre (if there is one), nor even an RPG. It's a hybrid of a Shooter and a Western version of Japanese Visual Novel games. I don't have a problem with this. In fact, I'm very happy with it, since the premise of a Visual Novel (or at least one with a ton of choices and consequences as the main gameplay feature, and no pr0n) appeals to me, but my antipathy towards anime has kept me from playing any. And blowing up aliens is always fun.

I agree, not the future of the RPG. Not sure about the visual novel parallel, but that's only because I never read any :xp: It's more a sort of interactive Star Wars or similiar space opera than an RPG, always has been even in the first installment. It's no worse for that, or better really - it would probably be amazing as a full-on RPG as well because, hey, it's Bioware. But it's not so we'll just play what will no doubt be an amazing action game, and watch the decisions of previous games bear fruit.

Not sure if that rambling made any sense, it's quite late here xD

Oh, and that special edition looks bloody amazing, I'd get it for the artbook alone. Shame i'm a student and will likely have no money for the forseeable :¬:

No complaints here, but from what I gathered most of the Kinect integration is centered around voice commands, I fail to see how that is something unique to Kinect... I have a mic for my PC, couldn't that work?

Wasn't Microsoft working on some Kinect-for-PC thingie? Any way, I'd always assumed that Kinect possesses the architecture for voice recognition and stuff.

Krogan Princess: "You don't know me"

Shepard: "But I'd like to"

Kromance confirmed!

Would that be a renegade option then, considering Shepard would be making it even harder for the Krogans to stabilize their population by irresponsibly stealing one of their women? Not to mention kinda being bestiality.

Would that be a renegade option then, considering Shepard would be making it even harder for the Krogans to stabilize their population by irresponsibly stealing one of their women? Not to mention kinda being bestiality.

Don't forget the worst offense of all, cock-blocking your buddy Wrex...

Yeah, but Garrus and Thane would be as well.

Yes, they are, as is Tali (sorry ChAiNz, but it's the truth). Liara's debatable, since her species can produce fertile offspring with a human.

Don't forget the worst offense of all, cock-blocking your buddy Wrex...

This made me realize that Kromance should be included, if only so that you can do this and earn the coveted 'Blue Falcon' achievement. Buddy is only half the word.

This made me realize that Kromance should be included, if only so that you can do this and earn the coveted 'Blue Falcon' achievement. Buddy is only half the word.

Niiiice:D

Anyway this is one renegade action i can't do, genocide... fine.

Blue falconing... that's just really low.

Archived