Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

Why would DA2 have a professional approach? It would make no sense to me because unlike Shepard, Hawke is not a professional. Shepard is a military officer, while the closest Hawke gets to being a professional is being a deserter should you choice to be warrior or rogue. Had DA2 included the professional approach it would have been a big failure in my book. :)

He is no professional, at least at the start of the game, this changes later, but he might not care either way about the issue.

I just didn't like the forced ironic.

And the ME system has ironic too, you just have to look for it, instead of being the default middle option.

Seems to me the dialog wheel needs one more default option: the humorous cue could be there, but the neutral must be.

My view exactly :thmbup1:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how in all the discussion of the combat changes Bioware talks about grenades like they are some revolutionary new feature, rather than one of the numerous things they stripped out after ME1 and are now shamefacedly putting back in. Speaking of combat changes, the rolling around everywhere seems pretty corny. I'm not sold on the melee blade yet, but I did like the stealth kill use of it. It would be nice to see a bit more of that sort of thing as a really viable combat option.

They didn't show the end of the "Escape from Earth" cinematic, but I'm willing to bet Anderson won't make it.
Apparently in one of the demos a dev said he would remain on Earth. I haven't seen any clarification as to what physical state he is in, but I would guess he will be some sort of resistance leader that you will meet up with for the "final battle". He could still die then of course. Bioware do so love their hamfisted attempts at emotional manipulation after all.

Even the Reapers don't bother messing with China. :carms:
Attacking Europa first may not be that smart a move. Who really cares about Europe anyway? And chances are, the Chinese are either already building their own Reaper or they're hacking into the Reapers.

you never know, that could be an actual clip from the movie, or a "draft", disguised as an ME3 Teaser?

It's very likely that the complete marketing film is several minutes long, perhaps even upto 5 or 10. We might see extended/re-edited clips in the rest of the marketing drive.

IRC, I read somewhere that the CG film Square Enix made for Human Revolution's promotion was about 5 minutes long, and was chopped up in various ways for the many trailers.

Hrmmm...the phrasing there would seem to indicate that either the Reapers are not defeated in ME3, or that in the wake of their invasion and subsequent defeat intergalactic war breaks out amongst the survivors. I would hope the latter is the case, as that would provide a fitting conclusion to Shepard's story arc, yet still leave the door open for future games set in the post-Shepard universe.

Hrmmm...the phrasing there would seem to indicate that either the Reapers are not defeated in ME3, or that in the wake of their invasion and subsequent defeat intergalactic war breaks out amongst the survivors. I would hope the latter is the case, as that would provide a fitting conclusion to Shepard's story arc, yet still leave the door open for future games set in the post-Shepard universe.
I agree. This trilogy is as much about Shepard as it is about the Reaper threat, and both should be concluded in the third game. The consequences of the Reaper invasion and their defeat should make for interesting stories after that.

Going by the various hints dropped concerning a Mass Effect MMO, it seems they may not be working on it right now, but they really would like to do it. I can't help but sense that they'd be more comfortable with a Mass Effect MMO than the Star Wars MMO they're doing right now. I would've actually preferred that myself.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/220454/femshep-mass-effect-3-salutes-you/

About flippin' time right enough. Fascinating to see what look they settle on. I'll be chuffed if they stick with the ever-awesome red hair and green eyes combo though.

About ****ing time is right.

In other news, Multiplayer has been confirmed. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307597/news/mass-effect-3-multiplayer-is-real-based-on-original-online-missions/

Shep vs femShep. Meh, sounds an awful lot like the "is Revan/Exile male or female" debate..... Still, I suppose that the femShep fanboys/girls must feel somewhat vindicated in light of this news. Shep is male in my book, but a femShep does allow for a variation in playing styles that's always welcome in these games. Now, if only the Lucas Arts people had been as accomodating about finally making K3.....

Fundamentally I don't have a problem with a multi-player component added to the ME universe, but the article made it sound as if they really wanted to stress that it isn't related to the ME3 single player campaign at all. So I guess I'm kind of just wondering why you would even bother tacking it on to ME3 and why not just make it a stand alone title. I wonder if it will be like MGO to MGS4...

Archived