Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

Alright, I have to say that I am digging female Shepard number 5. Also, it's about time I posted in this thread - I am so excited for this game. Whether or not I'll use the default, whichever is chosen, I don't think I will use it that often. I still don't use the 'default' male Shepard because of his.. extremely creepy smiles and looks. Female Shepard has the better voice, anyway.

As a side note: I haven't played the first game (blasphemy, I know). Do you all think I should pick it up now? Do we know if the choices in the first game have much influence in the third installment?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly do not see the issue. Granted, I've never played with the female version of Shepard and probably never will, but, honestly, out of the options presented, the winning look had the most balance between beautiful and badass and it doesn't really have much to do with hair color as much as it has to do with hairstyle (because the faces of most of them, excluding No. 4, are the same). And let's not forget that facial customization is still there and a custom face is more likely to be used by most FemShep players than the new default one - they are importing their characters after all, which includes the faces of those characters.

They said they were going to use this for the advertising though right? Well whatever...this whole thing was very lazy in its execution and felt like they wanted blondie femshep in the first place but wanted that little bit of community participation so they can say "see, you guys played a part in the making of this game too" or some crap like that.

If anyone wants to stick w/the new default "official" look, their loss.
hehehehe I feel so loved. I'm pretty sure you've seen some of my creations, trust me, with my talent it is not a loss to use the default. :xp: Just give me #4's hair and I'll be happy.

The whole thing is kind of indicative of the state of play with Bioware now though.
Yeah, BioWare is the only game producer that does such things. :rolleyes:

hehehehe I feel so loved. I'm pretty sure you've seen some of my creations, trust me, with my talent it is not a loss to use the default. :xp: Just give me #4's hair and I'll be happy.

Nah, I DO remember you raising that flag in the past, though. I was merely talking about the blonde Shep that has Lynk whinging so profusely. :D

I'dve gone for #4 (even if you used #5's hair mesh) of the six "choices" myself anyway, in part b/c the pasty look really doesn't appeal to me either. As far as customization goes, I generally have better luck w/maleShep than FemShep anyway. We'll see in about 9 months or so how it looks in-game one way or another.

Given the customizability of either male or female Shep, this whole "issue" is basically a big snooze. If anyone wants to stick w/the new default "official" look, their loss.

Personally, I've always found that MShep doesn't sound "right" unless I use the default face, and odds are, that'll happen with FemShep too when ME3 is released.

That being said, it didn't happen with Hawke (male and female) for me in Dragon Age II, but that might have something to due with the custom faces being on par with the default ones.

Personally, I've always found that MShep doesn't sound "right" unless I use the default face, and odds are, that'll happen with FemShep too when ME3 is released.

That being said, it didn't happen with Hawke (male and female) for me in Dragon Age II, but that might have something to due with the custom faces being on par with the default ones.

Nah, don't think that'll be a problem, because Manshep was the poster-boy from day one and has that prior association, whereas for me (regardless of coincidental resemblances >___>) my own femshep will always be 'the' voice becuse I've completed what, about 6 playthroughs across both games with the same look and style, and some fill-in randomer appearing in a trailer as part of a publicity push isn't going to change that.

Plus, for me the female character-creator has more potential than the male one anyway, where it always ends up looking like some thick-necked, thick-headed macho dude. Or a complete freak, either way. But maybe that's just me.

[/ardent Femshepper]

That would be because DA2 used FaceGen heads for the canon Hawke heads, unlike ME's custom canon MaleShep mesh (and now FemShep).

I figured they were unique meshes, since like Sheploo and whatever we're going to start calling the canon FemShep, they're completely uneditable.

They are only uneditable in a vanilla game. They are just bog standard MOPs. From my vague memory of it, they just hard-coded the first preset slot to be uneditable. They should be editable with either a chargenmorphcfg edit or a second copy of the MOP. There are mods around that take care of it - check out the Nexus.

@ Totenkopf: Oi.

I'm just saying that BioWare obviously wanted blonde femshep in the first place but knew that whatever they did people would "blame" them so they put the onus on the people who voted... as lazy as it was.

Ah, yes......the "devil made them do it" defense. :devsmoke: Of course, if they'd let mim run that operation......I'm guessing #4.....by about a million or so votes. :xp:

They are only uneditable in a vanilla game. They are just bog standard MOPs. From my vague memory of it, they just hard-coded the first preset slot to be uneditable. They should be editable with either a chargenmorphcfg edit or a second copy of the MOP. There are mods around that take care of it - check out the Nexus.

I'm not too worried about it, and I have it on Xbox 360, not PC, along with every other BioWare game post-Jade Empire.

Of course, if they'd let mim run that operation......I'm guessing #4.....by about a million or so votes. :xp:

If it were up to me, I'd keep #4's hair, but Shepard would be a female woodelf and that would be the only choice. :xp:

Oh and she would wear too much eye makeup, like everyone of my PCs.

Archived