Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh! I did not like any of the proposed femshep and the blonde one looks like a kid which doesn't fit the story at all. For the box art they should go with the one created by the guy who won their fan art contest (and got hired by Bioware). It's much better IMHO: http://garrettartlair.blogspot.com/2011/05/mass-effect-3-femshep-e3-wallpaper.html

I also hope they will fix the female walking and running animations: they are ridiculous and the reason why I rarely play a female char in a Bioware game: female chars walk/run like very fragile little girls while also moving their hips in an exaggerated manner. I just can't stand watching it.

Meh! I did not like any of the proposed femshep and the blonde one looks like a kid which doesn't fit the story at all. For the box art they should go with the one created by the guy who won their fan art contest (and got hired by Bioware). It's much better IMHO: http://garrettartlair.blogspot.com/2011/05/mass-effect-3-femshep-e3-wallpaper.html

Except that it's clearly based on the facegen mesh, which BioWare doesn't want for ME3's "poster girl" FemShep. Also, the armour would have to be the default colour scheme, but that's minor.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a fan of any of them. I don't mind though, since I never use default Shepard anyway.

However the rage over Boxcover FemShep being blonde is idiotic, and in many cases, overused as the word is, racist.

This PC Gamer news post, for instance is stupid to the point of self parody. The Femshep the author picked is exactly the same as #5, except for hair color and style. However, apparently being blonde and not tying one's hair back turns a "well-written, kick-ass female hero" into a character that's "bland", and a "bimbo", with the "face of a woman who cares more about her glue-on nails and handbag Chihuahua". Which is funny, since it's the same exact face.

Claiming that a change in hair color and skin tone makes a character a vapid bimbo is racism. It's no different than someone writing that a black Shepard can't save the galaxy because they'd be too busy eating fried chicken and watermelon, or some other stereotype bull****. The only difference is you'd get fired for writing the second article.

Most of the strong, independent female main characters I've seen in games are dark haired anyway. Aside from the obvious Samus, I'm hard pressed to think of many female video game action heroes with blonde hair. So it's really not as unoriginal as people are saying.

I still don't like any of them though. The face doesn't feel right, and they all have the same one.

Oh and she would wear too much eye makeup, like everyone of my PCs.

Every time I see a Ferris Bueller reference, my day is a little better.

I'm for red or blonde hair. Black and brown are all you really see on female vg action heroes.

Most VG female heroes also wear no clothes, or very few. I consider full-body armour a step in the right direction, however much my libido protests otherwise...

Shepard is a blind deaf gay black ginger transsexual with autism, phocomelia, proteus syndrome, and two amputated limbs. And she's an orphan.

Next time Joker bitches about being in a wheelchair, there will be a Paragon interrupt to stop him talking and give a speech on achieving Shepard's level of self acceptance, not complaining when others have it much worse, and how minority groups with disabilities can save the universe. The Renegade interrupt is of course beating that hollow boned ******* until he can't move at all. Which results in a 'stuck in space' game over, since you have no more pilot, and Tricia Helfer's voice hates you now that you've forcibly ended her 'platonic' relationship with Scott Evil. CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES

Summary of info from Gamescom - http://www.giantbomb.com/mass-effect-3/61-29935/mass-effect-3-gamescom-2011/35-510677/

I had to roll my eyes at the backflip on importing a dead Shep save, but I guess it was inevitable - excluding people just wouldn't be welcoming.

That's stupid. They made it clear before Mass Effect 2 came out that if your Shepard died during Mass Effect 2, their story was over.

Besides, what's so difficult about reloading to just before the end-game and doing it a different way so their Shepard lived? Or is that just too difficult?

Archived