Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

I would presume the ME3 import does something along those lines, just automatically. Much like Awakening, it probably just takes a pre-final mission save and inserts a canon ending. In some respects they were doing this across the board already, assuming the events of LotSB and Arrival happened regardless of whether your Shep played the DLC or not.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's stupid. They made it clear before Mass Effect 2 came out that if your Shepard died during Mass Effect 2, their story was over.

Besides, what's so difficult about reloading to just before the end-game and doing it a different way so their Shepard lived? Or is that just too difficult?

Given how lazy people are anymore, likely the latter. It's pretty stupid, I agree. Afterall, going back a loyalty mission or two (most aren't very long, much faster than starting from scratch) would fix the problem (well, that and making sure you had all the proper ship upgrades).

From Twitter:

"The Shepard dies import is not currently on the table. I think that was a slip of the tongue. If shep dies in ME2 he's dead ;)"

So it seems it was just another gaffe from that clueless marketing idiot.

Good, because it's kind of hard to explain away getting incinerated in a massive explosion at the centre of the galaxy.

Except that would leave the problem of Shepard's memories, since the wouldn't get that off an eyelash.

Oh, you didn't know about Magical Mass Effect-Powered Memory Downloader/Uploader Thingamajiggabob? We introduced it in this game. Funny we didn't mention it before. Shepard downloaded his memories just before he died in there, lol. Go upload them now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Multiplayer Mode Confirmed

“That’s right – Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy.”

Nooooooooooooooo

Depends on how it's introduced.

Dead Space 2 has multiplayer.. but it's just maps. Nothing storyline or anything to do with the SP campaign. Same with AC: Brotherhood. (and countless others).

As long as it's optional, I don't care. Once it interferes (being mandatory for completion) with the campaign, then it's breached SP etiquette ;)

Archived