Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

The more I keep reading updates on ME3.. the less interested I'm becoming in it. :indif:

Cover-to-cover hopping is the only way to survive, and even then victory isn't assured as cartwheeling Phantoms and hulking mechs make you squeeze every last drop of tactical nous out of your squad to survive.

If I wanted to play MW or CoD.. I'd go buy MW or CoD.

Maybe Skyrim will get revisited sooner than expected...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler Warning: Mass Effect 3: Doing things we'd only dreamed of before

I didn't see in there anything I didn't know, but does have some spoilers if you have kept you head in the sand for the past year. So be warned.

leXX isn't going to like part of this. :xp:

Seriously WTF!? They drop such a bad ass trailer, get me all excited and I don't even get to fight there? SO annoyed. :carms:

Seriously WTF!? They drop such a bad ass trailer, get me all excited and I don't even get to fight there? SO annoyed. :carms:

Even though Big Ben's Clock Tower was the scene of the very first Mass Effect 3 teaser, when the Reapers start dropping to Earth next March it'll be in Vancouver - not London - that Shepard makes his stand.

True, but it was kinda obvious by the time the beta material was released that Shep wasn't going to be in London when the Reapers showed up. Still, maybe if/when you fight them on earth, there may be a chance to do it in London....

My sincere hope that the "strip the RPG" was at least a little bit exagerated.

I'm thinking it is. How can someone say it was stripped further, when in the same breathe the article says they added back upgrades. I have no doubt that the combat will be the non-RPG type, but I enjoyed ME2 even though I didn't find the combat very RPG like. I really can't think of a RPG game that I've played recently that had what I considered RPG combat.

I'm waiting and seeing before I pass judgment. I had my panties in a wad before ME2 came out and once I played it I was very happy with the product BioWare put out. I almost feel like they put out all this crap out just to lower people's expectations.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Which would still be safer than heightening peoples' expectations.

I really can't think of a RPG game that I've played recently that had what I considered RPG combat.

What, in your mind anyway, specifically sets RPG style combat apart from another style?

Michael Gamble, one of the ME3 producers says:

"We just want to tell the best story within the context of an amazing shooter. I think in ME3 we've actually brought back a lot of the customisation elements that were missing in ME2: Weapons, armour, powers, each power now has nine possible ways of evolution. We brought back all that customisation. Like any transition between games, we want to polish everything. I wouldn't say one genre is winning out over another."

It's awesome shooter, but with stats and armour! That makes it an RPG, right?

What, in your mind anyway, specifically sets RPG style combat apart from another style?

I guess when I think of RPG combat style, I think of KotOR and TSL, since they were the first RPGs I played.

I actually like the new styles better, but don't tell anyone it will ruin my rep. :xp:

Ugh, Reggie. If I ever needed additional tools to scare small children (beyond just my mere presence in the same room), that would be the picture I would use.

Here's something more appropriate for you strange FemShep people:

FemShep.jpg

She doesn't look very happy. Maybe she just bumped into Mike Laidlaw in the corridor.

EDIT: And here you go:

[youtube=hd]3pShKKOV_gA

No sign of Tali again, so ChAiNz will no doubt resume weeping in a corner, but I spy a little Miranda, Samara, Jacob and Kaidan.

No sign of Tali again

There was never a Tali, she was always just a figment of Shepard's imagination.

Looks like the way all Mass Effect trailers should have been, with Jennifer Hale's voice front and center.

I hope at the start of the game Shepard takes a baseball bat to the face so I can change Angel Shepard to look more like that.

Looks like the way all Mass Effect trailers should have been, with Jennifer Hale's voice front and center.

I hope at the start of the game Shepard takes a baseball bat to the face so I can change Angel Shepard to look more like that.

I'm a little tempted to do that with Donna Shepard, but having stuck with her custom face for the previous games, I'm not sure if I should.

No sign of Tali again, so ChAiNz will no doubt resume weeping in a corner

I think the lack of Tali may just be to yank ChAiNz, so to speak...... :xp:

Bah! someone PM when there's something actually good to watch (ie. Tali).. this thread is depressing me :xp:

At least they went redhead with canon FemShep.. nice to see they didn't bork that up given the popular vote fiasco they tried to pull with the Facebook competition. "Blonde Shep won".. pft, my ass (not to diss the fine blonde females of LF of course ;) )

Here's something more appropriate for you strange FemShep people:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
FemShep.jpg

She doesn't look very happy. Maybe she just bumped into Mike Laidlaw in the corridor.

Looks like an angry 12 year old girl in that image, in my opinion. Not exactly how I'd have imagined commander Shepard. :wonder:

@about 16 secs in (and 1 or 2 other spots), she even kind of reminds me of Hale (though a little younger and leaner).

@ChAiNz--don't worry bro......they're just saving the best for last (or at least you can keep telling yourself that. :p ).

Oh, and in correction of my earlier statement, she looks MUCH better in the vid than in that pic.

Archived