Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, anyone knows if we will be able to play the PC version offline? Not only the Origin things sucks by itself and by principle but I will be traveling to weird places again (the kind of place where an internet connection is still hardly accessible...and when it works it's at about 10kbs -it's not a typo-) for about a month at mid-march...

Thanks Darth for answering that for me! I just don't see the point in getting all this stupid Origins stuff just to play a demo, when I will probably find some sort of work around for the requirement of Origin for the actual game anyways and won't use the Origins then either.

I don't really have a problem with Steam, it's nice, I suppose.

Given that it's like three weeks until release in Europe, and we've seen all there is to see UNTIL release, this cinematic trailer didn't phase me. It didn't change my opinion on the game at all. To be honest, it just served as a pretty cinematic.

Don't really see the need, but meh. I'm a buzzkill with these sorts of things.

EDIT: I also don't understand the whole 'Director's Cut' business in trailers. I've only ever seen it once before with the DA2 cinematic trailer, and that also confused me. Why not just release the whole thing?

EDIT2: Bioware thinks we will be fine with non-intrusive DRM

I also don't understand the whole 'Director's Cut' business in trailers. I've only ever seen it once before with the DA2 cinematic trailer, and that also confused me. Why not just release the whole thing?
At least in this case, the original cut was shown as a TV advert in the US. But yeah, not sure why you wouldn't just post the extended version on the net to begin with rather than waiting an extra day or two. Doesn't make much sense to me, but then nothing that PR types do does.

In any event, here is the extended cut version:

[youtube=hd]eBktyyaV9LY

Oh, and here's IGN's Rewind Theater analysis of it:

[youtube=hd]uibfIxBl-DI

The reason for the cut and uncut has to do with two things.

1- bought commercial air time.

2- the uncut version was the original version but then they had to edit so it would fit the time window for the commercial.

This is why there were two versions.

We know why there are two versions, it just doesn't make sense to release them separately when they could've easily released both versions at the same time, one version that was shown on TV and another version shown on the interweb and both versions available one with the title at the end saying "TV spot"

...it's common practice already since... well... forever.

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaked/announced and will be available in March. Surprise, surprise....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a367147/mass-effect-3-dlc-from-ashes-details-leak.html

Remember "The Exiled Prince"? This is beginning to smell more and more of another DA2.

EDIT: I have a few bones to pick with this DLC. A Prothean squad member?! Let me guess: He's been in stasis on some forgotten world for the last 50,000 years, just waiting for Shepard to come and rescue him and then pledging his undying loyalty to help save the galaxy from the Reapers which destroyed his people...

How would he communicate with anyone? Shepard might understand the Prothean language, but he can't speak it. I’ll bet he’s some kind of super-smart type who can learn an entire language just be hearing a few words of it. :rolleyes: Can’t wait to see how the geniuses at Bioware/EA are going to explain this one.

That's pretty old news. The DLC first cropped up a month or so ago, but we've known about Prothy (as he is affectionately known) for 6 months or more. He/she/it was first accidentally revealed when the original collector's edition box art was unveiled, before being hastily removed. Since then Bioware/EA has been adamant that it was just a "concept" and that he wasn't in the game, but we all know what the word of one of their mouthpieces is worth these days. I think more may have been revealed in the script that leaked a month or two ago, but I have steered clear of any of that info myself to avoid spoilers.

"DLC will be available when the game is released in March" had better = "DLC will be a free download for those that pay full price for the full game in March" (ala Cerberus network).

Odds are this DLC character is going to be treated like Sebastian from Dragon Age II (free if you preordered or better yet, preordered the Collectors edition (which I did), but full price if you just got retail).

Archived