Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

Did you mean Joker is romanceable in ME3 when you said 'the guy that flies you into your missions'

?

No. I'll go google his name right now. :xp:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I think his name is "Engineer Cortez" I know it's something Cortez though. :xp:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish it ended in X, srsly.

This one is much better imo. :p

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Then again, I'm a major Kaidan Alenko fan boy <3

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

hold a sec, so does that mean it isn't real, or it is, and it's just incredibly lazy?

NOTE: This post does not reveal hat Tali's face looks like, but it does contain my opinion on the work Bioware put into it. Don't know if that counts as spoilers, but you've been warned.

Oh it's real. They claimed that they really thought hard about Tali's face, but what they did makes that pretty obviously false.

As a fun test, I started from the same photo they did, and tried to reproduce their Tali face using Photoshop. It took me 6.5 minutes, and I reproduced it almost exactly.

If it were a background character, it wouldn't be an issue, but considering so many people are so excited about Tali's face (see ChAiNz), it's pretty shameful that they put so little thought and effort into it. If I were a fan of Tali, I'd be annoyed. As things are, I just find it amusing and a little depressing due to what it shows Bioware prioritizes (like, as I mentioned earlier, putting some Z-list celebrity like Chobot in-game for pretty much no reason).

Has anyone else had to deal with defective discs on the Xbox 360 version? I can't get past the opening cutscene, and what I do see ingame is blurry and silent.

Hm. No actually. :/ I think maybe you should return to the disks to gamestop (or where ever you preordered from) and explain what happened. Of course, they'll probably test it to make sure, but they should give you a new copy if it doesn't work on their systems.

Hm. No actually. :/ I think maybe you should return to the disks to gamestop (or where ever you preordered from) and explain what happened. Of course, they'll probably test it to make sure, but they should give you a new copy if it doesn't work on their systems.

Futureshop, actually, and I'm going to do that when I get the chance. And I know it's not just my Xbox dying, since I've seen other games run fine on it since trying and failing to get ME3 to run..

So it seems Bioware lied on a number of points. The most egregious being the access to endings based on whether or not you play MP. Despite what they said, it would seem impossible to get the "best" ending/s if you only play SP. Doing all ME3 quests should net you a military strength something in the order of 7,000 or so, depending on a few factors in ME3 and your carried over ME2/1 choices. You need 5,000 to get the "best" ending/s, so that should be plenty, except in vanilla SP you are stuck with a "readiness rating" of 50%, halving your military strength. The only way to raise readiness is with MP or the iOS games. Which is complete and utter BS.

Really? Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before they made MP required (and, I realize it is not 'required' in the strictest sense, but I consider it a slight rip off if content pertaining to SP is only available if MP is utilized) most games do nowadays.

I play most of my video games on Xbox 360 so games that "require" MP means for me a minimum of one month's subscription to xbox live. I suppose for those who play on a PS3 or PC it is not as big a deal. However I think it is fair to say, and perhaps many of you agree, that many gamers play games either for MP or SP experience almost exclusively. At least, that is the impression I have. If what you say is true DarthParametric, then I must say that I'm surprised Bioware would pull a stunt like that.

Well there is a post on the official forums by a dev which states that in SP you can get more than the required number of war assets to maximise the miltary strength bar. Which is true, as I stated above. However, he maintains that at a readiness rating of 50% (i.e. no MP) that the rating is still high enough to get the best ending. This is what I dispute, based on the value of 5,000 being posted everywhere as the golden number required for the best endings. Best case scenario you are going to end up with an effective military strength of around 3,500 in SP only from what I can see.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9665384

Got my N7 Edition for the 360 today. I actually like it so far and many of the issues I thought I'd despise the game for, I don't actually mind a hell of a lot. Good game so far. Disappointed at the NO interaction with Robo-Dog whatsoever. You can't even name him. :( But nothing I could put the game down for. I've played a while and haven't touched MP yet. It's gurd.

The formula people are saying is used is (War Assets) x (Galactic Readiness) = (Effective Military Strength)

I'm hearing that the minimum EMS people need is 4000 to 5000 (people are giving different accounts. So the total war assets people will need to get are between 8000 to 10000... and of course, as DP said, if you don't play multiplayer the Galactic Readiness stays at 50%

I think most people are having trouble because there are lots of side quests that are timed based on your progression through the games main story quests. I know I've missed out on a couple already simply by trying to get to Tali. I'll play through more of the game until I reach the point of no return to check how well i'm doing in terms of Effective Military Strength to determine whether I actually do need to play multiplayer to raise Readiness or not.

I guess it is possible that the value of 5,000 being floated takes into account a readiness of 50% - i.e. you need an EMS of 2,500. This would make some sense seeing that the strength bar down the bottom has a "minimum" line drawn on it that would appear to coincide with an EMS of 1,000. That would make the total bar length in the order of about 3,000. Which would jibe with the dev post above, where he states the bar is for EMS. Initially I was sure it was instead for overall MS.

The problem may lie in what Bioware's idea of the best endings are. I don't know what the hell sort of ending I got. It was weird. I had a MS of over 6,500, so if the above is true then presumably it would be classed by them as one of the best ones.

MP is fine for those who want to play it. Some people, such as myself, object to being forced to play it as part of the plot of a SP game, as would possibly appear to be the case here. The same applies to the iOS games. Why should people have to buy those as well to advance the game they already paid for?

Now as it happens, it may be in this instance that MP is not required to get the best endings. Regardless, the fact that MP has any sort of affect on SP at all is stupid. If they absolutely had to give bonuses to MP people, they should have just given them additional war assets. That would have been a far more equitable system (and indeed what I had originally thought the system was, based on early reports).

I don't know what the hell sort of ending I got. It was weird.
This

EDIT: And the entirety of DP's post above.

Off-topic: For those that have finished the game

does the ending remind you of Deus Ex: Human Revolution (i.e. deus ex machina appears and give you a choice of three doors)? I know that DX:HR got panned for it's ending, and am wondering if ME3 will receive a similar reception.

Haven't gotten far enough in the game to judge much, having fun is about the best and worse I can say, but I will state I really enjoyed the day one DLC. So far it has been the highlight of my playthrough.

About 9:30 hours in and all is well, except the lack of a stupid map 1/2 the time and the mislabling of the map. Little protip bioware, call a location the same thing on the map that you do in the journal.

Archived