Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

Don't download/buy it then. Bundling seems fairly unlikely, especially if they offer it free. They'll wants lots of paid DLC to make up for it.
LOL

Ok. Assuming they don't bundle it with something else that I would want or make it part of a patch, like I said 5 posts ago, that will be easy.

But thanks for the advice ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since BioWare is listening to fans and since there is no right or wrong answer to what will make everyone happy. I’m wanting multiple DLC endings.

1. The Breakfast of Champions ending. This ending is for those that skipped or just didn’t listen to dialogue in the entire trilogy. Now everything from the entire trilogy is spooned feed to you like a five year old right at the end (that is if you don’t skip the dialogue again).

2. The Peoples Court Ending – In this ending the person/entity giving you the answers will first be sworn in on a stack of bibles, given the strongest truth serum and hook to the never fail lie detector machine (Lie Detector Machine is a separate DLC for only $9.99). Now you get the answers and you can trust in the accuracy of the information.

3. The Christmas Ending – In this ending all your companions on the Normandy disobey the retreat orders and come to Shepard’s aid. Shepard can now say another farewell to them all while the Reapers gracefully wait. You will laugh, you will cry, but most of all you will wait another 30 minutes before seeing our new ending. For an extra $9.99 you can purchase the ability to ensure your favorite Mass Effect character survives the final assault. Sorry not valid in Puerto Rico.

4. The Suspension of Belief Ending - This is our biggest ending yet as it pretty much encompasses the entire trilogy. You tell us what is beyond your imagination in our make believe universe and we tailor the story of Shepard to you. Don’t believe in Mass Relays, fine the entire story will take place on earth, mars and the moon. Warning this will make for a very bad ending when the Reapers show up, but no problem, just try our new Rainbow and Lollipops Ending.

5. The Rainbow and Lollipops ending – This is the one that you have to see to believe, even we don’t believe it, but it is what many fans wanted. Everyone is guaranteed to live or your money back. Turns out there was one fatal flaw in the reapers design and Shepard has found it. Epic battles ensue as Shepard races across the galaxy to destroy every Reaper himself/herself. However, don’t worry Shepard can’t die, we have heard our fans loud and clear.

Try our endings for 19.99 each, don't like them? We can always make more to sell you. Just tell us what you want.

When it comes down to it, the people that liked the ending ARE the minority.

There really is no way of knowing this. Many of us who liked the endings aren't forming movements and campaigns to get something done about them. And the vast majority of those who purchased ME3 haven't signed the petitions asking to change. It is more likely that the ending-haters are a vocal minority.

While ending haters are the ones signing petitions and making noise, the fact that most haven't signed petitions is a very weak argument in favor of them being in the minority. Despite most people probably being against something like, say the seal hunt, doesn't mean most of those have signed petitions against it (random example, if you disagree with it you can probably easily think of one yourself).

If I'd guess, I'd say that ending haters are a majority, but a fragmented one, where different people have different (main) complaints.

When it comes down to it, the people that liked the ending ARE the minority.

There really is no way of knowing this.

As of now, I'd say sabre is spot on. No way to know yet which is the case. I was somwhat nonplussed by the ending, but think the hate is over the top at this point.

They want to do something because they know their trust level with fans is damaged. DA2 disappointed some fans but with ME3 we are looking are a break in trust due to the lies during interviews by developers and producers with their PR tatics.

We are seeing the team from Dragon age 3 making comments how they will be listening to fans and want feedback. Bioware is in damage control.

They are going this since their fan base is important to their IP.

Its just good business.

@ Sabre + Tot: Hence why BioWare should do NOTHING... and if they are doing something it's most likely because they want to make some money out of this.

I'd tend to agree. Given the amount of DLC for ME2, I'd be surprised if they didn't try more of that for ME3, though.

? The internet has always called people bitter when they make a joke? :xp:

No. I meant the internet will always hate on decisions made by companies, regardless of what they are. So what is the point of being sarcastic with them, instead of let them get on with it? Moaning will never change, but in this case, the moaning may change SOMETHING.

http://i.imgur.com/JhtqY.jpg - CONTAINS SPOILERS! I thought it was a good idea for a mixture of Best/Worst/Average endings.

http://i.imgur.com/JhtqY.jpg - CONTAINS SPOILERS! I thought it was a good idea for a mixture of Best/Worst/Average endings.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I think this is very good. And it doesnt have the awful godchild and his "Yo dawg, I hear you dont want to be killed by synthetics, so I made synthetics to kill you every 50000 years so you dont create synthetics to kill you" -logic....

Show spoiler
I think this is very good. And it doesnt have the awful godchild and his "Yo dawg, I hear you dont want to be killed by synthetics, so I made synthetics to kill you every 50000 years so you dont create synthetics to kill you" -logic....

Oh, ****ing a...

:rofl:

So much logic fail. Is it really that bad?

In a word, no.

1)

Show spoiler
The Citadel AI states that synthetics would wipe out all organic life, not just the advanced species, therefore its actions protect non-advanced species
2)
Show spoiler
The Citadel AI sees the synthesis of advanced species into Reaper form as giving them eternal life.
It's cold, but it's consistent. So the quoted comment is inaccurate both in the "killing" part, and the purpose behind the "killing".

So did anyone get the better endings (I don't even know what those are yet) without going through the hoops of playing MP or the iPod game?
There's one 5 second clip you can unlock with a high readiness rating (which you raise by MP or the iOS game/s). You only get it with one of the endings. I just hacked a save and bumped up my EMS to confirm you couldn't get it with SP alone (which you can't), but you aren't really missing much. After you've finished just watch it on Youtube. The 3rd ending can be unlocked with SP alone. You need an EMS of around 3,000 or so from memory, so a TMS of 6,000+. As long as you do most of the side-quests, you should get that easily (doing everything possible nets you a TMS of around 7,000 or so).

To get the clip I mentioned above, you need an EMS of 4,000 or 5,000, depending on certain factors, so a TMS of 8,000 to 10,000 with a readiness of 50% - which is impossible.

You really need to stop with the whole "people that don't like it just don't understand it" thing. Understanding it doesn't make it any less retarded.

You too could quit saying the ending doesn't do stuff that it actually does, then perhaps people that actually enjoyed/accepted the ending would think it was that just misunderstanding it.

Not liking it is an opinion and a opinion with merit. Saying you did not like the writing, you had unanswered questions or you wanted more closure all have merit. Saying the game's writing was lazy, saying question were not answered and saying the game had no closure are meritless because clearly the game had all three.

I guess I'm just not artistic enough to get it...?

I always figured you for a Van Gogh hater. :)

I do have to say one plus from this whole controversy with ME3 ending is that there is a good amount of debate on topics like-

Publisher EA rushing or affecting Bioware ....meaning did EA give Bioware just to small of a development cycle and money for a project that would have cemented the Mass Effect franchise to a level close to other great sci-fi like Star wars and star trek...

Game Journalism- What are the core problems here? Why do they attack the fan base/ readers? Is there review of games 1-10 setup flawed and needs to be overhauled? What is Game Journalism? Should these publications just show reviews or should they actually look into the industry like in the Hard News media where they would look into wither it should be illegal to have a publisher hire a marketing company to Troll through forums to deflect bad press or to side track fans from issues with (blank) game/publishing/company etc.

What is games? Art? Entertainment? Something new hybrid? and if so what are the defining borders/laws to this new or existing media?

Are design/developers losing their "artistic integrity" by large publishers who are for profit over a good game? Does this actually make a game less art/entertainment and more a product.

If there are literary rules in story telling, do they matter in games? Are they excluded from these rules by the essence of it's interactive medium?

Roles of gamer and game developer? What are the rules?

Is it ok for a game developer to know what they fan expects in the ending or how a game flows and themes,..then simply change or break them just to but a twist- knowing it would cause issue with fans?

Lessons in how PR and marketing a game one way and then giving a game with an ending that conflicts with the marketing's perspective.

Can game developers/publishers be held to promises made during the time when the game is about finished/ finished but before release? Is it right to use them to show there was some disconnect and failure.

The trends of DLC and signs that publishers will be pushing for skeleton base games where large side quests are removed or decided to be placed into the DLC development cycle and not in the main game to save money on the vanilla game's production cost?

I'm sure i have more..lol

Been doing a lot of reading on this whole controversy....

Archived